can someone stop Brian Cappellieri?

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by bestianera, Sep 15, 2002.

1. bestianera

bestianera New Member

May 21, 2001
    Valvasone
    the guy clogs up the boards with every little bit of information available on the net...

i asked him to at least spare Udinese,so that the two people interested could scroll through threads without being disturbed by redundant posts and here's his reply to my pm:

I post news also for people who aren't registered but go there to get articles so they don't have to search several sites. If you and whatever his name is (sorry, I forgot) want to talk you can use PMs or set up a seperate thread. You have been starting seperate news threads outside of "Udinese [R]" so just keep doing that if you like.

so he suggests me to "continue my discussion on private terms" :rolleyes: ...at this point i'd rather stop using Bigsoccer.com and directly e-mail cuit-tea,although i always hoped someone would eventually join the conversation between us two
    at least i wouldn't have to check threads just to discover Brian posted a pointless pre-match comment by a Udinese player who's saying the team wants to win...

Brian's posts never add anything to the discussion,and push possibly interesting thread out of the first pages

i thought this was a discussion forum,not a news site

IMO he's spamming the site,using the space to his own advantage or to a very restricted minority

i think it's time to keep him in check

2. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    can someone stop Brian Cappellieri?

No. :)

3. Bill Duggan

Bill Duggan New Member

Aug 17, 2002
    MA
    Nobody can stop a revs fan!
    Anyway, nobody cares about Udinese and i hardly think Brian is using the boards to spam or to his own advantage. So stop Whining!!!!

4. Unorthodox Yank

Feb 27, 2001
    Constant Flux
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    uummm... so you are saying you would rather look for all that crap yourself...rather than check in one place and have brian practualyl hand-deliver it to you, with summaries and everything?

suit yourself. I , for one, am thankful.

5. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe Brian should focus his attentions to his own Soccer site and then he can sell advertising or something else and actually get paid for what he's doing. Maybe he can be the next Soccernet.

call it the Brian Cappellieri Soccer Site of something of the sort.

6. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    are those game summary posts too annoying for you guys???? It doesn't matter much to me. I post in it if I'm interested. If not, then i ignore. Nothing more, nothing less

7. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Maybe you could stop complaining...

:D

*bestinera, we talked through a few PM's and I explained everything to you. I fail to see what the problem is, you are making a big deal out of nothing. Your complaint was you and someone else want to talk to each other but don't want anyone else's posts in your thread. If I understood correctly you didn't want to have to open the thread (hard work, I know) to see if the other person answered you. If you want to talk to someone directly without anyone interferring use private messaging or e-mail. That's what they are there for...

8. bestianera

bestianera New Member

May 21, 2001
    Valvasone
    Brian is not posting with the intent of starting a discussion,he never comments on the news he posts (at least in the Italy forums),or to anything for that matter
    he doesn't even discriminate among relevant and unrelevant news

his threads divert the attention from those who have been started with a real interest for the topic,push them out of the frontline and first page

it makes the navigation slower because i'm forced to check the threads where Brian Cappellieri posted last just to see if someone else did,and if i find none it was a waste of time because nothing Brian has ever posted was worth reading or commenting (from my point of view at least,since i get the news elsewhere)

people who think there might be a merit in what he does because they don't want to check news sites are WRONG: there are excellent news-retrieving sites where you get all the daily news about - say - calcio in one page,and you just have to click on the links to collect them. it's certainly a faster alternative than opening all those threads Brian is starting and spamming.

i'm not sure if it's allowed,otherwise i'd post the link to one of those sites here

finally: the activity of Brian Cappellieri on the Italy boards is not coherent to the objective of Bigsoccer forum,which i understand is to promote and facilitate the DISCUSSION among fans voicing their own opinions; in fact i'm convinced it's counterproductive to that goal

i'm surprised of the lateness to acknowledge this fact by the administrators

9. Bill Duggan

Bill Duggan New Member

Aug 17, 2002
    MA
    I never read his posts in italys forums. In the Revs board, he is not the problem you make him out to be. If you dont want to read his posts, either dont, or become a premium member and ignore him. I for one think that when someone starts up a thread with a summary or news article, it becomes a good discussion in that thread. Brian IMO is an assest to the BS community.
    And you are a whiner.

10. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    I comment on the news I'm interested in or if there is something to add. I use some of the sites you are talking about but most people (from what they've told me) do not wish to go there and sort through what they care about. They rather go to their club thread or team forum and get all the news they want. Even sites like Football News and NewsNow do not carry links to all the sites I post news from. Specifically anything I've posted in the Udinese thread may have been IRRELEVANT TO YOU because you know everything going on. But to say all my posts are pointless just doesn't make any sense. Then why do a lot of threads I start end up with 40 or 50 posts of discussion!?!? It doesn't discourage people from discussing it encourages them. And in the Italy clubs forum nothing gets pushed into another page. Everything fits perfectly on a single page because I set it up that way. Sorry if it's to much effort for you to scroll. From your PMs it all sounds like ME, ME, ME. I want it this, I want that.

It seems I get a lot of thank yous and a couple of selfish pricks like yourself who want it their way or no way at all.

Thanks for that long passionate letter though! :D

11. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    worstianera, you may have got your wish. I think I'm going to be red carded very shortly...

BTW, how can you support two Serie A clubs?

12. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only when you stop endlessly replying to your own posts :D

13. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Before you criticize someone maybe you should see what they are complaining about. Try any one of 20 threads on the Italy forum started by BC, you'll notice that all replies to any particular thread is done by non other than BC.

He rarely dicusses anything, just links to news articles.

ROTLMFAO, how can he support two Serie A clubs, about as easily as you can support 30 teams. Or have you cut back now?

14. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Easy solution.
    Become a registered member, then put Brian on your Ignore list. It'll work like a charm.

15. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The issue I have is that many times Brian doesn't take the time to see if he is duplicating a thread on a previously posted subject.

16. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This is a continual problem on the Liverpool forum caused by Brian.

17. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The solution: Ignore list.

Alberto is dead on; the guy doesn't even read the stuff - a lot of the sites use the same syndiccated piece, and Brian will post links to the SAME EXACT ARTICLE like 3 or 4 times sometimes.

At least know what you're doing.

18. revelation

revelation Member+

Dec 17, 1998
    FC St. Pauli
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Works great unless you are a Moderator and actually have an obligation to read all the [stuff] that gets posted on these boards!

19. Jeff

Jeff Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Alexandria, NOVA
    I might have seen him discuss something......once. I wonder if this is all he does all day. And I thought I posted here a lot.

20. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    OMG, is this true Brian??? you've never done this at asia forum so i don't know about the other places but if true you have to be more careful then.

21. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    why does mod have this privilege and access to the premium member forums?? it's unfair. i wanna be the mod then.

22. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Note to mods: Can you please change the thread title to "The Brian Cappellieri Fan Club?"

Thank you

And I thought I posted here a lot.
    You do. Lots of garbage. Don't really feel this way but I guess I should also judge you. Afterall posts about soccer tell a lot about someone's personality. :rolleyes:

The solution: Ignore list.

Alberto is dead on; the guy doesn't even read the stuff - a lot of the sites use the same syndiccated piece, and Brian will post links to the SAME EXACT ARTICLE like 3 or 4 times sometimes.

At least know what you're doing.

Wrong. I read just about every article I post. A lot of the time you can get the idea of the article from the first paragraph or even the headline. That's ridiculous to say I don't know what I'm posting. You are the one who doesn't know what he's on about most of the time. I can't read every single one but I know others want to (because they've asked me to). The only time I post the SAME EXACT article more than once is when I do it in a seperate forum. A lot of people only visit a forum or to and may not see it elsewhere.

This all coming from a guy who uses a soccer board to talk about politics and talk sh** in the World Rivalries forum. I see you can talk big hiding behind your computer. :rolleyes:

Easy solution.
    Become a registered member, then put Brian on your Ignore list. It'll work like a charm.

Yes, do what he says. Send a check to Huss.

And I plead with you to LIGHTEN UP, PEOPLE. I hope you guys aren't this stressed out and take things so serious everyday...

23. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Brian, politely I am asking that you just take a minute to check that a similar thread exists, and then post your link to the news article in there.

In the Liverpool forum you posted a new thread to a news article about the Valencia match, when there was already a well established thread (into its second page) right at the top of the page.

Minor point, but irritating. I appreciate your consideration.

24. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    That's cool with me, my problem is not with you. Your request makes sense unlike the others on here. Most are either lying or very confused.

The reason for starting a seperate thread was there was no [R] in the title for the original thread. It looked like it was for previews only. I was worried about spoiling the result or pissing off a mod if I started posting news in there and the score later on. If I remember correctly they merged the threads.

But in the future I'll be sure to check, I usually do.

Thanks

25. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yes the threads were merged as we have an excellent moderator. But I appreciate your cooperation.

Friendship and cordiality go a long way around here as they are thin on the ground. :D