can juskowiak play on wednesday?

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by stinky, Sep 29, 2003.

1. stinky

stinky Member

May 14, 2000
    Long Beach, NY
    anyone know?

not that he's the team's savior, but he might be.

is he eligible even though he was acquired so late in the tourney?

2. Vistula

Vistula New Member

Jul 2, 2001
    Garfield
    Juskowiak is elgible.

Cerritos and Martins are cup-tied to Dallas and Pittsburgh.

3. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Actually, Cerritos has already played for DC in our USOC victory over Wilmington. I don't think he ever appeared for Dallas. Martins is tied to Pittsburgh however.

Sachin

4. Vistula

Vistula New Member

Jul 2, 2001
    Garfield
    My bad.

5. studsup

studsup New Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Garden State, born N
    Why would you want juskowiak to play?
    We've seen him out there and he has brought absolutely nothing to the game.
    On Sunday - lame attempt at a bike kick, one run that was not connected the rest rest of the team's play, general wandering around the field waiting for something to happen - he didn't initiate anything.
    And if Bob had altered the subbing Magee or Lisi would not have been there.

When we need everyone on the field to play hard, with passion and give all they have to the game...

He is not an option, he is not a Metro and it's even doubtful he's a soccer player.

Hey, I've just had it with useless FA's.

6. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    He can play, question is will he and how much? He hasn't been too impressive yet, still getting his sea legs I guess.

Bob would might not start Jusko, but I'd like to see 90 minutes of the below players to see what happens:

Juskowiak- Wolyniec
    Gaven- Guevara-Lisi- Clark
    Edgar- Addo- Pope- Jolley

It only gives us one sub at forward (other than the Nuge perhaps), but if we play well and get a lead most of our subs will be defensive anyway (Williams for Lisi, Magee for Jusko, Regan/Forchetti for Woly to bunker). Just a thought. It isn't a defensively bullitproof lineup, but the best defense is a good offense and we gain a lot offensively in Gaven without Richie the human turnover machine out there. I think this is the best passing lineup we can put on the field given our available players, and possession is key for guys like Lisi and Amado who need all of the forward chances they can get. It does put a lot of our hopes squarley on Woly, but who else do we have to carry the load?

7. studsup

studsup New Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Garden State, born N
    Jamison - Your lineup
    Juskowiak- Wolyniec
    Gaven- Guevara-Lisi- Clark
    Edgar- Addo- Pope- Jolley

- My only fear is that we'll get too much inactivity in the middle. That has been our problem in the past. No wing runs and everyone playing center mid. Notice how Richie Williams even begins to adopt that center mid playmaker role too.
    Now yesterday, I thought we looked a whole lot better. Lots of runs down the wing. Forward motion both right, left, and center from the mid. Guevara holds the ball a lot, backtracks looking for the right opening. Okay at least he's got foot skill, but you need something explosive on top that he can at least look for. With Woly, Gaven and some Edgar runs I like it.,
    You can start Junko, but promise me you'll sub Magee before the half is out if doesn't do anything.
    Oh and let's give Zadie a shot back in there over Ado.

8. Super Metro

Super Metro New Member

Aug 2, 1999
    New York City
    Agree....except that.... (Oh and let's give Zadie a shot back in there over Ado.)

I don't think we should move these guys, they seem to be working fine together.

9. Matrim55

Matrim55 Member+

Aug 14, 2000
    Berkeley
    Club:
    Connecticut
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IIRC Lisi is suspended for the semi. I think Williams may be as well. Yellow card accumulation.

10. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    Mark Lisi is not suspended for the Semi-Finals he and Richie Williams currently have two cautions on them. One more from the Semi-Finals for either of them and they will be suspended for the Final Match.