Can Bayern beat Madrid?

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by miko, Dec 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miko

miko New Member

Jun 5, 2003
    Ireland
    About a month or so ago, you would definetly doubt it. But, now, on our recent form, who knows?! Our 1-0 victory over Anderlecht that got us to the second round of the Champion's League seems to have possibly been the turning point of our season.

2. roarksown1

roarksown1 Member

Mar 30, 2001
    Playa del Rey, CA
    Club:
    Hamburger SV
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    German teams absolutely torment Spanish teams, so anything is possible. I think if there's a team or two out there that can knock Real Madrid out, it's Bayern. They can match up well with anyone in the world on their night, and I think an upset will happen. They draw in Madrid and win in Munich.

3. Basti

Basti New Member

May 9, 2002
    I don't think we've reached the turning point yet, 6-0 against Freiburg yes but how many makeshift players were in the squad? Seems we play better without our natural first 11.

Concerning Bayern-Madrid... it's going to be very tough and based on current form Bayern will lose.

Hopefully Deisler will be back by then :)

4. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bayern Munich and Real madrid are the two teams that I watch frequently this season. My take....

Everything will depend on whether Bayern Munich has turned the corner. I missed the game against Freiburg, but saw the game against Stuttgart. So far.... I do not think Bayern Munich can beat Real Madrid. Reasons???

Real Madrid is weak in defense and extremely strong in offense. To beat them, a team must be able to stop their offensive weapons. Mnay times this season, Real Madrid won only because of one or two good passes and scored. The opponent lost confidence after losing a goal and Real madrid took over the game!!! The key victory.... is to stop Real madrid from scoring. Bayern Munich's defense struggled this season. Up until the game against Struttgart, they made too many silly mistakes. At this given point, I doubt Bayern Munich can stop Real Madrid from scoring.

Last year, Juventus managed to eliminate them with tight defense. they stopped Real Madrid from getting into rhythm. This year, Real Madrid added Beckham and the team now can play a simple no non-sense game. The ball movement is moving faster from side-to-side and back-to-front than last year. Even if the opponent was able to stop them from getting into rhythm, Real Madrid can still penatrate with long and simple passes. They score many times this season with a simple pass from Beckham to Ronaldo.... Ronaldo can easily shake off the last defenders and scored.

Real Madrid's weakness is their central defense.
    Liked Bayern Munich, they also made many silly mistakes. For a team to beat them, they must capitalize RM's mistakes. Bayern Munich has struggled offensively....

it cannot afford to waste chances against Real Madrid. Even if Bayern Munich can score a goal, Real madrid can still answer back....

5. lond2345

lond2345 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    USA
    the real reason bayern can't beat madrid is because of Ronaldo. If you have seen his latest goals you will see how unstoppable he has become.

6. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Interesting Matchup

Real Madrid was assembled to be an offensive machine, but have u seen them constantly crushing La Liga opponents, not really! Bayern may have got their act together with advancing in the CL and crushing 1FCK 6-0!

Honestly, Real has too many weapons. Bayern may shut down a few players or annoy them, but someone else will beat them. If Real stops Makaay then Bayern's offense might disappear....Roy is just too vital for Bayern to advance without him contributing alot.

Hopefully, ESPN/ESPN2 or FSW will have their head's out of their arses and realize this is HUGE matchup and televise the matches!

7. Basti

Basti New Member

May 9, 2002
    just a little correction 1.FCK is Kaiserslautern, Bayern beat SC Freiburg 0-6 :D :D

8. serieAfan89

serieAfan89 New Member

Dec 29, 2003
    North Carolina
    I think Bayern has the defense to play with Real's forward line. If Ballack plays well, Bayern will probably score goals, and Ze Roberto is a good goal machine, as well as Elber.

I definitely think Bayern can beat Real, but it won't be a walk in the park. If their defense is up to par on match day then i'm confident in the midfield and forwards to score on Real.

9. miko

miko New Member

Jun 5, 2003
    Ireland
    But Bayern's defence has not been playing well consistently through the season so far. And they are going to have to play REALLY well if they want to keep out Madrid's forward line!