Can Anyone Help...soccer On Computer

Discussion in 'Business and Media' started by chris86co, Jul 6, 2005.

1. chris86co

chris86co New Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Gaeta & Boston
    If i have a fast internet connection & a good laptop computer....what are my options for watching.....Serie A, Champions League, and International matches...... does anyone know of any sites that I could pay to watch LIVE video feeds...here in BOSTON, MA there is barely anything good on TV when it comes to soccer....the ONE champions league match a week, as well as ONE serie A tape delay just isn't cutting for me.....can anyone offer me some help....

2. big_al335

big_al335 New Member

Jun 30, 2004
    Do you have Comcast Digital cable? I believe that in Boston you can pay an extra $5 a month to get their sports tier package with GOLtv and FSC.

3. rangers00

rangers00 Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Do you think there are only 2 channels on TV in America? ESPN2 and the local ethnic channel that give you 1 serie A tape delay?

Where is your

- Fox Soccer Channel (Premiership, Bundesliga, la Championnat, World Cup quals, FA Cup, etc.)?
    - GolTV (Serie A, la Liga, UEFA Cup, South American WCQ, league games all over Latin America)?
    - Fox Sports en Espanol (league games of Brazil/Argentina/Mexico, Copa Libertadores)?
    - Setanta Sports USA (Champions League, Nationwide league, SPL, Bundesliga, World Cup quals)?

These are all TV channels one can easily get in America. There is an outrageous number of soccer games on American TV that no one can humanly watch all of them...

4. chris86co

chris86co New Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Gaeta & Boston
    Yea I'm more so interested in watching Serie A and International matches....I would love to find it on the Internet because I am at school Sep-Dec & Feb-May...therefore I have no CABLE BOX....

5. rangers00

rangers00 Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Two words:

Bittorrent, Coolstreaming.

6. Blueasy

Blueasy New Member

Jun 12, 2004

Coolstreaming has been shutdown so go to pplive.com and download it in the top-right corner I think.

Or you can go to asiaplate.com and download pplive from there (they have instructions in English) or go to either livetv and watch the links they have there.

Your best bet for Serie A and Internationals is Chinese CCTV5 (up to 800k connection= almost TV quality). It should hold up well b/c I watched the entire Confederations Cup at work with minimal slowdowns or interuptions.

Now that I helped you maybe you can help me in the Press Pass thread a few spaces down.

7. PaulGascoigne

PaulGascoigne Member+

Feb 5, 2001
    Aotearoa/NZ
    Idiot. Which would be okay if you had a non-critical attitude, which apparently you do not. Most cable systems do not carry anywhere all of those channels.

8. rangers00

rangers00 Member

Jun 1, 2000
    And who's stopping you from getting DirecTV or Dish Network?

If you have to rely on your cable system, which you obviously have to, I suggest you follow baseball. You do NOT deserve to watch the beautiful European game here in this country.

This is exactly the rotten attitude that I bash here: if it's not on my cable system, then it's not on TV. Grow up. The TV mainstream here does not evolve around your interest. If you want to follow niche contents, which European soccer certainly is, then you have to take the extra step, or watch baseball.

9. PaulGascoigne

PaulGascoigne Member+

Feb 5, 2001
    Aotearoa/NZ
    For the last 2 years I lived in places that didn't allow you to put in satellites--i.e., high rise apartments. Don't be so smug and snobbish, dude. Not sure what your angle is. Saying people don't DESERVE to watch a sport? The thread is about internet availability of games in any case, so take the general commentary about which fans should be allowed to watch the game elsewhere. Capiche?

10. rangers00

rangers00 Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Well, you choose to live in a place that doesn't allow DBS, that's YOUR problem. Did someone put a gun in your head to force you to live in a highrise? or are you in a highrise jail?

Why not? you whiners are really something. You are not willing to take the extra step to get this niche content, and you want mainstream America to follow this niche content (to make it mainstream) just because you are not willing to take this extra step. Who has a problem here?

Yep. Watching European soccer on TV here is not your birthright. This is a country of American football, baseball and basketball. If you don't go the extra step to get these niche channels, why do you think you deserve to watch the Euro leagues?

11. kevruth

kevruth Member

May 30, 2001
    Perrysburg, Ohio, US
  12. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're a lunatic.

13. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    I guess if I were a better soccer fan, I'd rotate the Earth so that my apartment would have a south-facing window.

14. Blueasy

Blueasy New Member

Jun 12, 2004
    I haven't been able to access it but it would be useful to have ESPN Asia b/c that is the only channel that PPlive doesn't regularly carry.