Campeonato Sudamericano Sub-20

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by Eber1990, Oct 19, 2010.

1. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea we're cooked.

2. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Well I can't stand Sandy and don't realy trust Quinteros. Sorry that just me, I think Baldi should of gotten the job. But in Sandy's defense most of these teams in the U-20 have been playing together for over 4 years. We Bolivians like always like to wait to the last minute, got our team together in October..:(

3. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Nooooooooo

4. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yep, thats another thing that was pointed out during the broadcast, how all these U20 teams have been together for a while, bolivia just rounds them up before the tournament.

Shows really.

5. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    NO.:cool:

6. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Hey Sandy is from my school so I'll defend him. If there is one coach I would want for the young players it's Sandy if only because he'll be giving them better advice than anyone else. The worst problem Bolivian players have is the awful life choices they make while young. "Pastor" Sandy is the one most likely to keep them in the straight and narrow.

If you can't tell from the games, the team has bought into his no nonsense, discipline and esfuerzo style. They're focused and always keep the games within length. They are getting their chances and there's a lot less mental lapses. If you haven't noticed since FOREVER, we've desperately needed this in Bolivia. At the very least we have one generation of youngsters that doesn't faint at the sight of verde-amarelo shirts.

However, what has sucked is the goal production. We need to win against Ecuador if we can do that then it was all worth it.

7. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    The strategy Sandy had in place was good. But the simple things looked soo hard for Bolivia. Considering that we were probably among the top 4 teams in the sub 17, to only become probably the worst team really sucks.

Clearly Sandy has a good plan, but he need experience in implementing. I'd prefer he does his "trial and error' with a team that doesn't represent the country. Dudes not ready, yet.

8. dsauna

dsauna Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    He would be a great ayudante, counselor, psychologist, but as a coach he sucks. Didn't put the right players in, didn't know how to read the game. I think Oscar Villegas did better with the U-17. At least we all agree he used the right players.

9. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LEts be fair..villegas had a great crop of players to choose from..sandy is playing with a bunch unknown guys at this point...

10. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Thing is, in a sub-17 it's amateurs against amateurs. In a sub-20 it's players from the Bolivian league against starters for top teams in Europe. Not to mention the one truly class player we have in that category is hurt. I think they did well so far.

11. Boliviasoccerboy91

Nov 5, 2009
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz

Guys! Sandy isnt a bad coach at all. I think he did quite well. We didnt get crushed but we could have done better. He needed to put Carinao in more though. I dont understand where was Samuel Galindo, Gilbert Alvarez, and the boy from Dynamo Kiev, he is alright though. I dont consider him all that. Alvarez was needed with rios would have been amazing. Galindo was injured but didnt hurt call him up to play this final game, cuz he recovered already.
    I hope we beat Ecuador and Rios aims again!

12. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    I don't care if the coach is providing the best Bolivian marching powder for our players to snort off the asses of high priced strippers. I want to win.

A couple of weeks with Pastor Sandy isn't going to do crap to shape these young men as players or human beings. His job is to win above all else.

I'm not blaming it all on Sandy by the way, FBF should take the brunt of the blame.

That being said, it's obvious Sandy is in over his head at this point. The switching to a four man backline in the middle of the third game sealed it for me. Not to mention his shoddy player evaluation.

Oh well, my expectations were pretty low for this group.

13. ansuarez9

ansuarez9 Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Arlington
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Where's Chumita?

14. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    anybody got a good online link?

15. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    theyre using carinao and Hoyos, Torrico in the middle.

...Sorry Fuego. im going to say that Hoyos is not doing his job very well at the moment; his passes are very inaccurate. that's why there's no presence in the midfield.
    my guess is that chuma will come on for hoyos in the 2nd half

16. dsauna

dsauna Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Gooooool ************!!!!

17. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Goal! Boliviano!!

desde cuando somos buenos en el aire???? :D

18. OscarTorrez

OscarTorrez New Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Club:
    DC United
    If you are waiting for Chuma, don't get your hopes up becuase he currently suspend for accumulations of yellow cards.

19. Pzygote

Pzygote Member

May 21, 2007
    Hope we can pull off a win! Sad about Chuma tho, didn't realize...team would be awesome with Chuma and Carinao

20. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    what happened to our pressure??? that's how they scored on us

ITS OVER, only because our only scorer is off the field

21. Pzygote

Pzygote Member

May 21, 2007
    Sort of used to it by now - there's always next time

22. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    We got outcoached, the diff from 1st half to 2nd half was clear, and that's all ont he coach.

23. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Damn! Missed the game, recap anyone?

24. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    OUTpowered, OUTplayed, EMbarrased, DOMinated, BEat.

that should do it for you.

OH and we lost 3-1.

25. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Basically what I expected.