Campeonato Sudamericano Sub-20

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by Eber1990, Oct 19, 2010.

1. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    This ref is a steaming pile of shit

2. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    I'd still entertain him for the def mid position only. Maybe just in LAPAZ. We'll see.

Ballivian can't be used for nothing else except defense. I'm ok with Toco and Ramos.

THe rest of the team can't cut it.

3. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    He is venezuelan, and remember venezuela during that era? LOL They were a joke.

Sadly thats us now. :(

4. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Dreadful. We were outhustled, out matched, out coached. I don't think we won ONE header. Our passing stinks (when we ARE passing and not booting the ball up field) Total joke, I lay all of this at Sandy's feet.

I need a drink :rolleyes:

5. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Savarese was a good MLS player. He used to cut up DC United on a pretty regular basis.

6. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Ballivian later committed a handball and the ref let that one slide,of course his didn't affect the game:mad:

One thing i did notice, Our players our mentally stronger.ESPN commentators are too retarded or bias to recognize that (im mad).Our players weren't stronger physically but just look at the resilience. I don't know if it was Sandy or who but our players go all 90 min. while the other team was flopping and time wasting. you can tell the ref quality when he hands out double yellows to our defenders for trying to play.

7. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yep. I love sandy for what he did, but another worthles legend that doesnt konw how to coach.....

WIth that said, I think Cardenas the keeper, played GREAT. He surely will be someone to watch for the future. His stops and ability to get some of those shots and crosses is a good thing. He will only get better.

Also with the way that we never held possession and ran all around the field chasing down the colombians really tires a player no matter how in shape they are. This is not the style bolivians can play. Americans, yes, Africans, yes. Bolivians that arent known as runners? No.

8. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Well, final is 2-1. Colombia.

Sandy wasn't ready for this, that's for sure. Soo pissed. The reff wasn't as biased as he normally is towards us. He did ok.

Can't wait for this thread to close. I had hoped for soo much after the sub 17 tourney. We played soo well and had soo much to look forward to. All the players that made my jaw drop for the sub 17 never touched the practice ground for this team.

Hopefully the federation can hire an experienced head next time around.

9. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Good old pathetic Bolivia is back Ya'll!

Rodrigo Borda is the top/best player we have in this U-20. He was also a starter in the U-17 from two years ago, and he's grown even more. He was the only standout in my eyes. He is a great leftback(or rightback). Don't see many players like him in Bolivia. He helps a lot offensively, he takes on players, is not afraid to amagar, encarar. He was the best in this team.

Chumita was just heart man, even the announcers were complimenting how much he ran and cooperated with the team. He never stopped fighting.

Rios, well he just isn't afraid to score, "la pierna no le tiembla delante de las redes".

Suares shouldn't have even started, he disspeared the entire match. And ********ing sandy never put in Carinao.(his best midfielder)

I blame sandy and his poor/dumb/retarded/stupid inability to make the obviously right choices.

I also need a drink.

10. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yeah he was good,Im just mad,i need a drink also. he sure wasn't an etch or moreno though.

11. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Oh HELL NO....but then again, who is? :D

12. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    YUUUp. Only if he had a better first half strategy...

13. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    With the crop of player we used, if we had played the traditional route, we would have been slaughtered by probably double digits. I'm surprised we only lost by one goal in all these games. THe talent was clearly absent.

I thought Sandy had the right defensive strategy, but clearly used the wrong players. All the players I drooled over for the sub 17 never made it to this team. I blame Sandy for that.

Our players are typically not fast. I just don't see how putting up more players in the mid is going to help. Just makes us weaker in our greatest weak point. The counter.

Anyways. Sandy wasn't ready. The federation should have never hired a rookie coach. Stupid.

14. Playaz4life

Playaz4life Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Santa Cruz
    Club:
    Oriente Petrolero
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    All I can say is...We have our pros NT to dream of, Quinteros knows what is best for us and thread closed!!!

Keep an eye on Oriente in Libertadores...!! Bolivia will be back on headlines!!

Cheers :)

15. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I hope!! This was pitiful! No offense beyond hoping Rios converted on one of those long clears that were bouncing.

How is that offense? How could a coach think we could do something with that?

IMO our best asset is our ability to play on the ground out of the back and clogging the midfield. We arent built to do that kick and run. Showed today how we scored on a set piece not on a play.

I dont konw what sandy was thinking.

16. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    The strategy didn't kill us; the player selection did.

17. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Let me add one more thing, there is still hope though.

If Brasil win this, 1-0 as the game stands, they will basically wipe out the whole group. With us tying them, and the -2 Goal against and for things going our way, if we beat ecuador, and hope Paraguay loses to colombia..... we very well could make it as #3 (on the goal against average). That would take ALOT of luck though on our part... and GANAS.

18. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    I prefer we just not advance. We don't have the players to make it very far in this tourney.

19. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    When the moon is in the seventh house and Jupiter aligns with Mars :D

20. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I heard that may happen on Friday. :D

21. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know Quniteros hired Sandy right?

22. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea... lol. But there is a slim chance! If we beat Ecuador by at least 2 goals, or even 1-0 might even put us through beause I am guessing here... but if we have a -1 goal difference and same does ecuador, its head to head right? We beat them 1-0 and as a result we go thorugh over them even though we are tied on points and goals for/against thing lol.

Slim chance... but we gotta win our last game... and hope Colombia beats paraguay. Forgot to add that part. :p

23. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Don't wanna jinx it (but us Bolivians are prejinxed to begin with so what's the point. hehe) but out of all the slim chances we had, this may be the most reachable one in a while.

24. pollo86supremo

Oct 7, 2010
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    LMAO i agree being of Bolivian decent ********s all of us hahaha!!!!! we have overcome a lot haha jk, but I was yet again quite pleased by the keeper cardenas!!!! I hope they groom this kid to be the Next #1 keeper for the Nats, i hella like how hes vocal!!! like a true keeper should be

25. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    No surprise there. Its how it works in life in general. You trust your friends to be your coworkers or put in a good word for them to find jobs.

No different at the professional level and coaching. Same thing wiht coaches and their 'preferidos' when it comes to player choices or bringing their players to other club teams when they move away and go to other clubs.

Funny thing is, I saw some pics of Platini and remember his 'guys' that he would call up for the NT? I saw him in pictures wiht them drinking and having a good time in santa cruz in pics through a firend that is 'in' with guys down there.
    Ehhhh I dont care. Really we dont deserve it, but yes, this is the closest we have to getting through, easiest too.

Anyways Ecuador will rip us to shreds IMO. Remember the hurting they put on us in Argentina?? They toyed with us and the game was 3-0.