Campeonato Ecuatoriano 2012

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by Ladic, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil
    Empezo ayer, el recien ascendido Macara dio la sorpresa ganando al Campeon D.Quito 1-0.

Cuales ven como los favoritos para este año?

2. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    We are going to win it.

3. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    We're winning it. :D But I must say I'll be surprised if we don't see Barcelona in the final. One thing Emelec and Deportivo Quito don't have that Barcelona and Liga do, is a strong defense. And I think that's where Liga and Barcelona have the upperhand.

I predict Liga, Barcelona, and Emelec/D.Quito make it to Copa Sudamericana. Unless D.Quito already makes it automatically for being the champ of 2011.

4. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil
    D.Quito is already in it for winning la segunda etapa 2011, but this year Ecuador has 4 spots, so maybe Barcelona, emelc and liga will join as well.

5. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    ohhh yeahh i totally forgot about that. the top 6 teams in Ecuador basically have a shot at participating in international tournaments next year whether it's Copa Libertadores or Copa Sudamericana. I know the champ participates in both, and the vice campeon gets to play Copa Sudamericana. I forget how everything else is going to work out but it's different from past years.

6. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    If the fans and the press can hold it together whn the losses come, Barcelona will have a shot, but in my mind Liga is the team to beat, my only doubt is will Mendez, Reasco, Vera, Urrutia and even Ambrossi make it through a full year of futbol all of these vital players are over 30 and Liga's physical training department has shown its flaws since they got to be by far the team that gets more injuries.

7. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Saw Cuenca vs. Independiente yesterday. Byron Cano scored one sick ass goal. Kid's gotta great strike he knows where he wants the ball to go, I'm gonna keep my eye on him this season. He wasted a year of his life riding the bench in D.Quito last season.

last goal of the game

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5ekNMVLWN8"]Deportivo Cuenca 3 Independiente 2 Segunda Fecha Campeonato Ecuatoriano 10 febrero 2012.flv - YouTube[/ame]

8. mac-0n3

mac-0n3 Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  9. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    he's 23.

He screwed up choosing to go to D.Quito last year after his season in 2010 with U. Catolica. Sucks no one else picked him up. Independiente or El nacional would have been perfect for him last season, good thing Cuenca took him for this year though.

10. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Dude, Enner Valencia is kicking @$$ and taking names, did you guys see him in Emelecs second half??? :O

11. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Mang I was so sure emelec were going to lose that one.

12. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jToS3sdk1o&feature=g-u-u&context=G28cae53FUAAAAAAAAAA"]Vinicio Angulo llamando la atencion en la prensa española. MZSOCCER - YouTube[/ame]

Spanish media likes Vinicio Angulo lol random. But the kids not bad. He just needed to get out Barcelona and get playing time. We'll see what he's about this season. it's too early to say he'll have a good/bad season.

13. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    that kid Alex Colon from Tecnico Universitario is hardcore on the field. im really liking the way hes playing in the campeonato. he held his own up front against us this weekend and tecnico had one man down. dudes explosive.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4CMhnKxFm8"]3ra Fecha: Olmedo 0 - 3 Técnico Universitario - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQakrHjrFcc"]Técnico Universitario 1 - Liga de Quito 1. Campeonato Ecuatoriano 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

hes good at positioning himself, works well with both feet, and can finish. Wonder how old he is? im pretty sure hes 22 or younger.

14. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    There are some big games that are going to be played today in the Ecua Primera A. Emelec is playing Dep. Quito, a rematch of last years finals. El Nacional and Barcelona, both teams have been shaky at times during the season. To me the team that has the most pressure to win today is Liga, especially after the comments Paz made earlier in the week. They'll be playing a short handed Independiente playing without three regular due to suspension: Ona, H. Leon, and Balbuena. Liga will also be missing some key guys-Araujo and Calderon, some Liga fans will be happy playing without the latter.

15. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    My dad says everytime we beat el Nacional in Quito we are champions. :cool:

16. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Zubeldia quit.:( 20 years without a championship, you heard it here first.

17. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    why exactly did he quit? I heard him and Noboa had an argument because of yesterdays game. Zubeldia was doing good things for Barcelona. He was the first coach in these last 15 years that actually managed to create a really competitive squad. IMO What that team needed was time. Just like Emelec needed it when they rebuilt the team in 09. But this Barcelona squad has lots of good players and the good thing is that lots of them are young too. Coaches like him know how to mix youth with experience really well. He allowed players like Gruezo, Ayovi, Roosevelt Oyola, Bryan De La Torre, and Cristian Cruz show case their talent in 8 months of being in Barcelona. I think Noboa is an idiot if its his fault that Zubeldia left. fans are pissed like f*ck.

also Mario Saralegui left El nacional today as well :eek: whats going on?

Anyway, one thing i can say is Both el nacional or Barcelona better make the move quick-Anyone ever heard of Sixto Vizuete? he's a perfect fit for either team. More for El nacional if you ask me, but it'd be awesome to see him coach a club team once and for all although im happy with him being in charge of the U-20 NT.

18. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Vizuete is a perfect fit for El Nacional. A lot of the sub 20 guys he coached are there. It'll be interesting to see how he fares in Primera.

19. Quilotoa

Quilotoa Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Brasilia, Brazil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Sixto was just named the new DT of El Nacional and wants Jefferson Hurtado on the squad

20. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Let's see what he can do...he has the players at his disposal to field a competitive and balanced team. Five bucks he starts Zura in his first game tho...

I hope to see guys like Narvaez and Quinones become an integral part of the squad. As for Hurtado, isn't a little too late. I believe the deadline passed a couple of weeks ago.

Edit: He wants Hurtado for the segunda etapa...he also wants Jaramillo.

http://teradeportes.com/sixto-vizuete-es-el-nuevo-tecnico-de-el-nacional-a

21. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Looks like the dirigentes at El Nacional saw the comments here and made the move quickly. Good for El Nacional. If there's someone who can revive it it's Vizuete. He's a fan of the team and if his wishes of getting Jaramillo and Jefferson Hurtado come true, then that team will be SICK. What El nacional needs is a keeper and Jaramillo would finally be able to play which is what he needs to be on the NT.

Too bad Jefferson Hurtado got injured during his time in Arg. Juniors. He was starting every game before that happened and had what it took to make it there. If he comes back to Ecuador he'll be taking steps back in his career but he'll be closer to the NT and being managed by a good coach who will give him the playing time necessary to get him back to where he was.

Jaramillo; J. Madrid, J. Narvaez, J. Hurtado, R. Lopez; Flavio Caicedo, Marvin Pita, Dennis Quinonez; J. Govea, J. Anangono, M. Caicedo

I'd love to see a Liga vs. El Nacional game with a line up like that.

22. lav92

lav92 Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    That line up with 2 years of experience under Vizuete could be scary! Most of the players already know what it's like to be part of Vizuete's team and I am actually really anxious to see how this process turns out.

23. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Independiente is having a really good campeonato. 1st place and 2 points ahead of Liga. Mario Pineida is having a good season and plays on the left side now. I always thought this kid would have no difficulty playing on either side of the field. He was playing as a left wing, but when Cristian Ramirez went to Tottenham for those 2 weeks, Pineida took over the Left Back position and has been doing really well. Other notable players are Daniel Samaniego, Vinicio Angulo, and Cristian Leonel Ramirez who are shining for Independiente this season. Cristian Ona is getting his minutes as a starter and improving as well which is a good sign compared to last year when he was benched all season.

anyway, just wanted to update people here on Independiente. Seems surprising to see a team filled with youth leading the campeonato this deep into the Primera Etapa. I think their hard work in their youth divisions is finally paying off 2-3 years later.

24. mac-0n3

mac-0n3 Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

whats happening with that ?

25. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    nothing. he basically got to train with tottenham and stayed there for 2 weeks to basically experience what playing for an EPL team is like. Tottenham and Independiente have that deal with eachother. Now he's back to Independiente and he's training normally again. Although i don't think he's played much. I hope he gets his starting spot back in Independiente.