Camisola Fórum: I Love Jerseys!

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by O_Glorioso, Feb 1, 2008.

1. O_Glorioso

O_Glorioso New Member

Dec 18, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Nike Portugal 2008/09 Home Kit

I know we've all been waiting and wondering what the home kit would look like and apparently, we've gotten our first taste. So what does everyone think?

[​IMG]

2. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Re: Nike Portugal 2008/09 Home Kit

This was already posted in the jersey thread

pretty lame jersey if this is it... I think it MIGHT be a fake but we will have to see what it looks like on the field.

I thought the jersey was supposed to be V neck (much like the away jersey) and have gold trim around the badge? this has some funny collar and green around the badge could of been photoshopped from the away jersey its the same crest and put on some red shirt why would red shirt be hangning off a custy coat hanger? I find it offensive someone is treating the national jersey in this way you have to hang it with pride if this is the real shirt.

if this IS the jersey then they have to go with the green shorts otherwise I think it would just look stupid much more stupid then the 2006 uniforms.

3. O_Glorioso

O_Glorioso New Member

Dec 18, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Oops sorry, I completely forgot :p

Well I don't think it's that bad, but I would have definitely preferred more use of gold.

4. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

^^^^^^
    Sorry to tell you the shorts are also red. Keep in mind that is a nicer collar when someone is wearing it, the color looks better then in this pic and the only knock is that Gold would of been better around the crest although the green goes well with the jersey and it's a closer resemblance to our flags colors then the 06 kits. Basically watching the team is gonna be the same as in the 06 kits from a far but a much brighter red which is good. Plus, actual Gold font as the 06 "Gold" was actually Mustard.

I am liking the jersey not the best ever but creams the 02 kit and the 2000 kit which I do like but the maroon was a bit too dark.

5. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

true I will not judge it until I see the players wearing it

the gold numbers will be nice.

I really dont like the maroon portugal colours... so understandably my fav shirt is 2004 WC and the older ones. although I think the best jersey was 2006 WC but if it was RED and not Maroon that jersey would have owned every other jersey.

i want to get a new red portugal jersey so I hope it is a nice jersey.

6. Streamline

Streamline New Member

Jan 28, 2008
    Ottawa

I definatly am going to have to agree with the majority here and have to keep my thoughts on how it look until I see the players actually wearing them. I already got the away jersey for christmas, so this one might just be next on my list. Damn I have too many Portugal jerseys, 5 and counting, not to mention the scarfs and sweaters.

The one NT jersey that I really liked but never got a chance of getting one was the one used in the U20's WC. The white one with the collar. Damn that was a sweet jersey, also would make a nice shirt just to wear around.

7. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

This is a gypsy.

8. Holy__Joe

Holy__Joe Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 31, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

I personally think Nike have been dropping the game on their kits of late, this years Manchester Kit is quite plain and dull to me (no matter how much some people like it) I think the last two Portugal kits have been similar (if this is the current one).

Personally I have prefered Adidas Designs of late, just more interesting general and just nicer kits.

Still know i'll end up buying this though :p

9. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Well, I think Nike's contract with Portugal runs out after euro 2008

anyone know if they signed a new deal or not?

so maybe this will be the last nike portugal kit, who knows last I heard Puma is interested in supplying Portugal's kits.

I hope Puma makes Portugal's next jersey... I know they will being back the green shorts:D

10. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

No way Nike let go of Portugal stock now, not with Ronaldo emerging as a beast....

11. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

I'm sure Puma will go all out for Portugal but Nike won't let go, what with Ronaldo turning into the main Poster boy for Nike Football and all.

12. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

yeah but with Nike, theyll always stick us in Brazil's shadow.

they usually make brazil's jerseys so bad ass and make ours not up to scratch.

thats why id rather us go to Puma but only if they gave us our own jerseys like italy has and not give us the usual style they give to Poland, etc and the african teams.

13. O_Glorioso

O_Glorioso New Member

Dec 18, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

I personally think the Euro 2004 jerseys were quite superb. I mean I didn't notice it until I saw it up close, but the jersey is detailed all around with our federation insignia. The 2006 WC jersey was one of the most comfortable jerseys I've ever wore. However, the transition into the Euro 2008 jersey doesn't seem so good. Nike made the away jersey too much like the WC jersey and if this is actually our home jersey, I'm not too pleased with it.

I do like Adidas job with France and Argentina. If they could duplicate something like that for us than I'm all in for it. However, I wasn't too thrilled with Mexico's jersey transition from Nike to Adidas and actually thought they were better off wearing Nike. I'm sure Nike will do all it can to renew it's deal with Portugal and unless Adidas throws themselves in, I doubt anyone else will grab us. Puma doesn't have the cash to compete with Nike.

14. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Well Ive heard before Puma wants to make Portugal's kit but like everyone said Nike will be tough to match.

Nike gave Portugal good 04 kits cuz we were the host. Problem is, I cant wear my red 04 Rui Costa 10 jersey since I got him to sign that badboy when he was in Toronto to play against Toronto FC.

Adiddas makes good gear, but the 3 stripes on the shoulder thing is boring. and our jersies will probably end up always looking like Spain's

15. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

More Pics!credit simon2020 who posted it in another thread:

[​IMG]
    Nice Color

[​IMG]
    ...Class

[​IMG]
    Very Nice.

16. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  17. santos6

santos6 New Member

Feb 25, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Looks pretty good now Green shorts would rock.

18. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Red shorts have been confirmed, sorry.

19. santos6

santos6 New Member

Feb 25, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Any shots of the shorts??? Green socks?

20. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    no and probably green trim on red for the socks

21. O_Glorioso

O_Glorioso New Member

Dec 18, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Definitely a better picture.

22. Streamline

Streamline New Member

Jan 28, 2008
    Ottawa

Im hoping to see these jerseys in action during tomorrws friendlies to get a better look of them. As far as Nike's contract ending, there is no way that Nike isn't going to renew, especially with Ronaldo quickly becoming the face of the franchise, as some have already stated.

23. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  24. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    wow that is stunning, Av that is an awesome photoshop

25. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Wow...Jersey is much nicer when worn. Good prediction GoodDead. Now comes the difficult part, should I put Ronaldo, Nani, or Quaresma on the back?