Cameron moving to forward at UM

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Sandon Mibut, Sep 2, 2002.

1. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    For those who don't know, U20 forward Knox Cameron played in the midfield last season as a freshman at Michigan.

In what can only make Thomas Rongen happy, Cameron will play up top for the Wolverines this year.

Check out this quote from UM coach Steve Burns after Cameron notched a pair Sunday.

"We found our true starting center forward today in Cameron. He had a pair goals from that position and we have to continue to put the ball on his feet because good things happen when he is involved."

Incidentally, Cameron's 2 goals weren't enough as the Wolverines fell to UC-Santa Barbara 5-3.

2. DigitalTron

DigitalTron New Member

Apr 4, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    This is indeed good news! IMHO, his finishing isn't up to par yet, so the more practice the better. He's still very raw, but his size and speed make him very intriguing. I was also wondering if he could become a Brian Maisoneuve type Dmid/Hmid. He has the skill set but he'd need to improve his defensive tactics and long passing.

If he could make the transition to a finisher--a difficult move--his athletic gifts could make him a highly sought-after commodity for MLS or even a European developmental side. At his age I would imagine MLS is the best bet.

I'd be curious to hear how people rate Knox, Jaqua and Testo in preseason and compare those thoughts at the end of the season.

-Tron

3. The Wanderer

The Wanderer New Member

Sep 3, 1999
    Let's hope that now he can learn how to finish better. It's all about composure. I was hoping that he would eventually be moved to dmid or center back since we're pretty loaded attack wise. If he can't cut it up top for Michigan then I suspect he'll end up somewhere further back in the pros.