Cameron Harper at Celtic FC

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by TheFalseNine, Dec 12, 2018.

1. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Couple of goals:

1336028583551176705 is not a valid tweet id

2. charlie kennan

charlie kennan Red Card

Feb 23, 2020
    EXALIFTIN and Winoman repped this.
  3. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Ha. Came here to post the goals, but instead I will say it is a sad year not to have a Yank starting for the "Big Gers..." Timing.

4. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At the beginning of the season, despite the clear talent and finding himself on the 1st team bench a few times, I thought Harper’s chances were going to be limited. Celtic’s pursuit of a record 10th title was the priority and they made direct signings to secure that record title. Experience over youth this season. Well... those piss ants at Rangers are rolling and 13 points clear at the top of the table. Celtic sit 2nd. . I hate to admit it but we aren’t catching those bastards despite our one loss and two games in hand. It ain’t happening. Crashing out of the Europa League also has the faithful all kinds of pissed. With all that said, sooner than later Harper will get his 1st team debut. It will happen when Celtic raise the white flag on the title chase.

5. kruck

kruck Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen

The Celtic fans on reddit are pissed. The European performances are especially embarrassing. It seems like a total calamity from a team that couldn't be touched for years and years.

6. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It started with bringing back Neil Lennon. Very few were happy about that. It’s like that whole relationship thing.... you can’t date / marry the same person twice. There’s a reason you broke up the first time. The season emphasis was that record 10th title. Everyone knows it. Everyone wants it. But you can’t neglect the philosophy and everything you did to get those 9 straight titles because you’re obsessed with besting Rangers for 10 straight. They’ve totally neglected CL and Europa League and that’s f****** criminal in my mind. This has been a disaster from the opening whistle of the season. I think Lennon has to go.

7. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    dang i just peeped rangers run of form, no wonder gers fans are losing it

8. charlie kennan

charlie kennan Red Card

Feb 23, 2020
    m vann repped this.
  9. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It would be crazy if they don't permit him his debut tomorrow. Celtic have nothing to play for.

1336751037181464576 is not a valid tweet id

10. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Harper was not among the 24 players named to the Celtic squad list for the EL group stage. However, he was “B-listed” which means if someone is dropped he can be added. I suspect since Celtic have nothing to okay for, several youngsters have been added to the roster. We shall see.... if would be a good time to hand Harper a debut.

11. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought "Player List B" is equivalent to a regular roster spot, it's just unlimited for "homegrown" players.

12. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's Partick, not Patrick.

13. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It could be.... I’ll be honest I’m not 100% on the rule.

14. TxEx

TxEx Member+

Tottenham Hotspur, Crystal Palace, FC Dallas
    Aug 19, 2016
    DFW
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    B List is anyone who is U-21 who has spent at least 2 years with the club prior to the registration. There can be an unlimited number of B teamers and they can play in any game while they are a member of the B list.

Think of it as a place to stash U-21 players, regardless of nationality. He could play for Celtic in the game if they want him to.

15. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He appears to be on the bench. I hope they are down to a Timo Weah hat trick and bring him on.

16. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

17. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Celtic up 1-0 in the 22nd. A Frenchman scored against the French. Free header off a corner.

18. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Looks like they're going to sit on their final sub, unfortunately. But a 3-2 win.

19. charlie kennan

charlie kennan Red Card

Feb 23, 2020
    Sack Neil lennon imo

20. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The board gave Lennon the dreaded vote of confidence and we all know what that usually means. The supporters are pissed and have staged some protests in the last week. These next few fixtures: vs Kilmarnock, vs Ross Co, @ Hamilton, and vs Dundee United leading up the the Old Firm clash @ Irbox on Jan 2 will determine Lennon's job. He drops any points before Jan 2 and I think he's a dead man walking. Dermot desmond and Peter Lawwell, two big chiefs, could face the axe, too. I don't know if you can fire Lennon before the Old Firm clash and throw in a new guy or caretaker boss for that match. But...... if you're still 13-14 points behind Rangers - who gives a shit - the title is officially conceded. The title is pretty much Rangers now but you can't wave the white flag just yet. Either way, I think will see Harper a lot more after Christmas. It's setting up nicely for his integration into the squad. Sadly, it's at the expense of a poor season but it is what it is.

adam tash repped this.
  21. JimLahey

JimLahey Member

Sheffield Wednesday
    United States
    Dec 25, 2020
    Not with the first team during their winter training camp in Dubai. Look out for him being included in the u23 or MNT January camps

22. bshredder

bshredder BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nope.

He's likely leaving Celtic

23. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    wild. he seemed so close to breaking through and with such a strong connection to the club

24. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is great news. It's a black hole for our players. Little integration and low upside even if they are. The experiment has failed. It will until Celtic modernizes.

Any idea what he does next? There's no body of work at a senior level. He's also not the youngest anymore. Trials in Europe like Sousa? Coming back to California to start his career finally? Neither LA team seems an ideal fit for him though.

Eleven Bravo repped this.
  25. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can’t say much because I haven’t seen him play nor had a chance to collect reliable data on his performances, but for someone who was recently hyped as a ‘can’t miss’ prospect, it just seems odd that they never gave him a chance in a league that they are certain to dominate in.

Hope he signs somewhere where he can be a first team player.

thedukeofsoccer and adam tash repped this.