Calling out Matt Crocker

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by HScoach13, Jul 5, 2024.

1. superdave

superdave BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. No, there are players coming up behind. You’re “literally” wrong. You can read about those players in, well, all kinds of places in this forum.
    2. Where do you get this cockamamie idea the Pulisic is forcing anything?

Where do your ideas come from? Is there some website that you could point us to so we can read that news too?

PhilipVU94 repped this.
  2. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    a player that can't get on the pitch with their club shouldn't be telling the national team who they coach is because they actually play.

3. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    lol who? who is pushing these guys out? because they are nowhere near the team at this point.

4. RossD

RossD Member+

Aug 17, 2013
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Ah, players on the team shouldn't have any input on who the coach should be but rando fans online should. Got it.

gomichigan24 and gogorath repped this.
  5. gomichigan24

gomichigan24 Member+

Jul 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’m not sure why USMNT Twitter doesn’t at the very least have at least a board seat at USSF.

Elninho, Boysinblue, PhilipVU94 and 2 others repped this.
  6. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    No leaks. No news. I have a sense of Deja vu.

7. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    With respect to the world, Premier League clubs dominate the world in revenue. A look at Fulham's and Forrest's transfer history makes this clear.

gomichigan24 and RossD repped this.
  8. RossD

RossD Member+

Aug 17, 2013
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    What? So are you saying Pulisic said something like, "Gee golly Mr. Crocker I really like Greg. he gives me lollypops and makes me smile." And then Crocker said, "Sounds good enough to me, Greg is rehired."?
    And your comparison to a plumber and CFO is nonsensical because the plumber never interacts, or rarely interacts, with the CFO. A HUGE part of the coach's job is getting the players to buy in to their system, gain their confidence and trust, and getting the player to put aside their individual needs for the teams. That is a interpersonal relationship. The player needs to WANT to play for the coach. Getting players to want to do that is harder if you force a coach on them they don't want. Why do that if there is no great difference between your choices? That would just be dumb.
    Also, national team coaches don't have as much time as club coaches to convince the players or gain their confidence. They don't have a month of preseason to do that.

PhilipVU94 repped this.
  9. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    well the guys at forrest don't play and ream was just benched at fulham both clubs want the guys gone.

10. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    the fact that there has even been a leak on a planned meeting tells you all you need to know...nothing has changed since crocker and the board stood up for greg against the two first year guys.

I only wish that they would explain their decision beyond just saying he is staying atleast though 2026.

11. PeregrineT

PeregrineT Member

Everton FC
    United States
    Jun 18, 2019
    lol, the players arent the VP of accounting. They have no management experience at all. Should NFL players decide who their GM hires to be their head coach? Why isnt it done that way.

And I literally said to gather the input. You are disagreeing with me by saying "And you were correct".

12. PeregrineT

PeregrineT Member

Everton FC
    United States
    Jun 18, 2019
    What? So you make up some imagined silly scenario and think thats half an excuse for your bad argument?

What in the world does it matter if players like a coach BEFORE hes hired if he wont be a good coach? What in the world does it matter if players prefer another coach, and then the one you hire(because hes real good) is a great coach and leader and so the players like him? And what in the WORLD qualifies players to decide who is best able to manage a program to worldwide success?

This isnt a charity, its a competitive sport. You've completely ignored that player happiness is not the end goal. The players were QUITE happy with Gregg, and how did that turn out? If a player cannot play well with a great coach, just because hes upset that a year ago he prefered this other guy, then hes literally never going to be a great player.

13. PeregrineT

PeregrineT Member

Everton FC
    United States
    Jun 18, 2019
    Thats fun, but Im not saying that anyone is saying the players should choose the coach...if you had read what you responded to I felt you would have noticed that.

14. gogorath

gogorath Member+

None
    United States
    May 12, 2019
    They are the VP of Accounting in that they report to the CFO.

15. Boysinblue

Boysinblue Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Narrator(Ron Howard voice): and within hours it was announced that Gregg Berhalter was in fact not staying until 2026

russ, jaykoz3, gomichigan24 and 4 others repped this.
  16. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    im so disappointed it would've been more fun if he stayed but the cherundolo backlash will be entertaining.

17. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

Jan 10, 2001
    New Jersey
    So…I am troubled by Gregg’s statement after being let go. Not the taking full responsibility….thats great. The part where he says “our approach and process was always focused on the 2026 WC.” That sounds an awful lot like CA results was an afterthought in Gregg’s mind…and not a tournament where failure had consequences. So one of two things has happened: either Crocker was unclear with Gregg about the importance of this tournament….if so…shame on him. Or Crocker had the same attitude as Gregg…if so…******** Crocker.

This is the Copa ********ing America you condescending English twat.

russ, TOAzer and Mantis Toboggan M.D. repped this.
  18. dna77054

dna77054 Member+

Jun 28, 2003
    houston
    Well to be fair, the concept of winning a continental championship is completely unknown to the English.

19. gomichigan24

gomichigan24 Member+

Jul 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Can’t believe Matt Crocker isn’t spending every waking moment on the coaching search.

jaykoz3, RossD and Boysinblue repped this.
  20. Maximum Optimal

Maximum Optimal Member+

Jul 10, 2001
    Maybe he's looking for a coach at the women's practice. Just sayin'

gomichigan24 repped this.
  21. PeregrineT

PeregrineT Member

Everton FC
    United States
    Jun 18, 2019
    lol no they dont. Companies have an actual VP of accounting that reports to the CFO and that is trained in accounting.

22. gogorath

gogorath Member+

None
    United States
    May 12, 2019
    That's my point. For some reason, you think the players are the plumber, which makes no sense.

"Players are like a person trained in a completely other discipline than their coach, like say, oh, plumbing, and they are also like a plumber in that they never interact with their coach at all."

Good analogy.

23. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    JJ Redick says players are no longer plumbers, but used to be

gogorath repped this.