Calling all San Francisco Gooners

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by naggi, May 20, 2004.

1. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Too bad they don't explain who he is. I'm sure tons of people are going "Freddie Ljwhat?"

2. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    And I'm sure there are hundreds of 14 year-old girls who will say "Freddie plays soccer, too?"

3. naggi

naggi Member

Feb 15, 2002
    san francisco
    Well, the billboards were plastered all over town for a while, so they may be hoping to attract a different following...

4. IrishQuake

IrishQuake New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Alameda, CA, USA
  5. yankeeSOT

yankeeSOT New Member

Oct 5, 2003
    San Francisco
    thanks naggi. and the third pair is free!

6. mad theory

mad theory New Member

May 10, 2004
    London
    I think they know him as the CK guy...

7. CelticOnFire

CelticOnFire New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    London right now
    Is he signing anywhere else in the country?

8. bergkamp10

bergkamp10 New Member

Feb 10, 2003
    Toronto, Canada
    That is funny. Be sure to take a photo.

9. naggi

naggi Member

Feb 15, 2002
    san francisco
    There was quite a turnout. Quite a few gooners, but many more people who just knew him as the CK model. He was really nice and even signed my Dreamcast shirt and my daughter's O2 one, even though he was not supposed to sign "personal items," just that CK ad poster they were giving away. BTW, he could barely write with the cast on his right hand. It was difficult to take pictures (they were not "allowed"), but I think my wife managed to sneak some :)

10. arsenalgirl30016

Dec 10, 2003
    Flo Rida
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Naggi-
    Perhaps I should get your wife's opinion on this but is he as hot in real life as he is on the pitch? You may want to defer answering this to Mrs. Naggi.......

:)

PS-Forgive the shallowness of this post but if someone can post Clichy's gf's boob I think I can ask this! :)

11. Gunner Phan

Gunner Phan Member

Dec 12, 2003
    Gramercy, NYC
    So let me get this straight, you like arsenal and want to see boobs?!!! you must be the coolest girl!!!!:)

...the wind from beyond the mountains...
    gp

12. arsenalgirl30016

Dec 10, 2003
    Flo Rida
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok let me stop this before it goes any further-I was only stating that it was ok to go down the road to shallowness since someone had already shown Clichy' s gf's boobs!
    Jeeze people!
    But my husband enjoyed the boob picture.........

13. Gunner Phan

Gunner Phan Member

Dec 12, 2003
    Gramercy, NYC
    I was just playing, arsenalgirl...I hope I did not offend you (or your hubby for that matter). Just a light joke!

14. arsenalgirl30016

Dec 10, 2003
    Flo Rida
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought it was funny too-no offense taken but I could just see the next thread-Arsenalgirl-footie and boob fetishist (is that a word?).........film at 11.........

;)

15. naggi

naggi Member

Feb 15, 2002
    san francisco
    My wife's only opinion on the matter was that "it was hard to tell, but he has a nice smile." IMO, he's definitely a good-looking guy. Looks very healthy up close. Good skin, nice smile, etc. A couple of interesting "facts" supplied to us by the CK rep yesterday:

* Arsenal became the first team to go undefeated since 1988!
    * The panther/lizard tattoo featured prominently in the ad is actually on Freddie's back. It was photoshop'ed to be on his abdomen.

Apart from the interesting sociological implications about the manufacturing of body image and popular culture, it kind of makes you wonder what else was doctored :)