Calling all Crocketteers!! (IDEA SUBMISSION THREAD)

Discussion in 'Crocketteers' started by CagedMonky, Jun 18, 2009.

1. CagedMonky

CagedMonky Member

Jul 25, 2008
    San Antonio
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
  2. gerone

gerone New Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Seguin, TX
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I think the single most important thing that we can do to help ourselves see a local MLS club is to work closely in conjuction with SSC and start real soon an OFFICIAL FUND RAISER FOR SEASON TICKETS AT ABOUT $500-600 PER CONTRIBUTOR. This would be some type of past mayor Eddy Garza's run in its version #2 (2009)

When and if the waiting list grows to 5,000 season ticket holders, the MLS will have no choice but declare San Antonio a 50% chance of direct entry to the league.

......And if and when the number reaches 10,000, then that means that the city of San Antonio is 100% guaranteed to be accepted into the league with no one's opposition as a unanimous decision :)

WE CAN DO IT........SI SE PUEDE

3. CagedMonky

CagedMonky Member

Jul 25, 2008
    San Antonio
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    SSC? you meants SS&E right? I don't think they can accept money on a non-existant team cant they? 500-600 from who?? from little fans like and maybe u we can do like 10% of that... Do you mean have a fundraiser calling on major private contributors?

4. HailtotheKing

HailtotheKing Member+

San Antonio FC
    United States
    Dec 1, 2008
    TEXAS
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another simple idea, is using the net.

Like Google/Yahoo groups/etc. We've got the facebook/webpage/here set up but reaching out to as many of those "groups" as possible is an easy way (and free way) to advertise and maybe draw a few more people over here to the "central" area.

5. gerone

gerone New Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Seguin, TX
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Shit..........I am pissed off because I had come up with an elaborate 7-point complement to my last message a few minutes ago but as click to post the message......my PC crashed and all that was lost

I feel rage and frustration and will not try again as I have now come to believe that I will never see MLS soccer in SA before I lose my eyesight

THANK YOU MR. ********BERGER :mad:

6. CagedMonky

CagedMonky Member

Jul 25, 2008
    San Antonio
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Guys I wanted to apologize for my inactivity. I've been trying to finish a remod of my entire house.... down to a few things most notably getting close to finishing my kitchen and with the wife pregnant, there has been more time taken away for us to prepare and what not.

With that said, I don't want to give up on our effort. Our numbers are decent but the vast majority of people would prefer to stay on the sidelines. I am fine with that. Things will be different the minute we have a team to support. I've come to the realization that what we are doing is at least having a place where people can sign up to pledge they will support a team in the future. I don't know but maybe that the best I can hope for at this point with my limited schedule. Collect names.... people pledging to be a part of the supporters group and when we do have a team we will all sit in 1 section.

I am still in for when we think we can go to Houston and take a decent group but I don't want to rush into it if we cant take a good number of people.

Our website will suffer with lack of activity but we can rethink that to feature a time insensitive post talking about the group and cause. The site might be stagnant but at least people know we exist.

Thoughts?

7. Danilo-11

Danilo-11 Member

Dec 20, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    Here's another idea,
    What do you guys think about having the 1st soccer webpage in San Antonio where we would focus on MLS, USL, Mexican League and all the college and high school soccer news in the area. And we would have links to our blog and forum.