Calling all Americans, where are you staying in Germany 2006?

Discussion in 'MLS: Clubs' started by upperninety, Apr 7, 2004.

1. upperninety

upperninety New Member

Apr 24, 2003
    Myself and around ten other people are planning on going to Germany for the 2006 World Cup. Ideally it would be nice to have a huge USA contingent there and I just wanted to know if anyone had any definite or even tenantive plans at the moment. It would be great if we could organize and be able to get all Americans to stay in the same vicinity and possibly the same hotel. We Americans need to stick together so respond with your thoughts and let me know what your plans are.

2. Anthony

Anthony Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    Aug 20, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My wife's parents are from Germany, so we are staying mostly with her relatives.

3. christopher d

christopher d New Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Weehawken, NJ
    Yup. What he said. Friends and relatives, none of whom follow the sport. I have places to stay everywhere but in the Ruhrgebiet.

Bigger question is: how to make sure the tickets are in the USA section.

4. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Until there's a clue as to what cities the US will be playing in, I don't think you'll get many answers. I'm sure the main crowd of US fans will follow the US team around. We won't know that until December, 2005. And of course it all depends on us actually qualifying for the World Cup.

5. soccerfan

soccerfan BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am planing in making the trip with a friend of mine who has family near Stuttgart

6. irishFS1921

irishFS1921 New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    probably swindle some military TLF at rammstien

7. vivaelbolivar

vivaelbolivar New Member

Aug 21, 2003
    RFK & EL MADRIGAL
    im staying right here

8. McGinty

McGinty Member

SKC/STL
    Aug 29, 2001
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I have a friend in Hamburg. I'll probably stay there. Hopefully, the US plays in the north of Germany so travel will be easy, and I won't have to deal with Bavarian accents.

9. Blong

Blong Member+

Oct 29, 2002
    Midwest, the real one.
    Have the cities all been chosen? If so, what are they? My sister is moving to Kaiserslautern, and I am hoping to visit her during the WC.

10. Ender

Ender Member

Sep 5, 2003
    Radnor
    If things go well she will be tall, blond and called something like "Hilde" other than that I am up for planning a cool side trip if someone wants to plan that. say on a few days between games!

11. Razov_Fan

Razov_Fan New Member

Nov 2, 2003
    Chicago
    I'm thinking on staying with spome relatives in Poland and then just traveling to Germany. Like someone said before, it all depends on where the US or Poland will be playing.

12. scsurge22

scsurge22 New Member

Jan 23, 2004
    Austin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Parents in the military so Im planning on staying on the base in Rammstein. I'll probably just catch trains from there and travel to the stadiums.

13. jmsullivan

jmsullivan Member

Sep 14, 2000
    Fairhaven Ma.
    I'll be in Dortmund with 2 sons. Both in thier early 30's. So they will be parent sitting while I'm frothinging and drooling. :cool:

14. Crew14

Crew14 Member

Apr 11, 2000
    Brunswick
    A possibility if you have a large group like that is hostels. From what I've seen so far they're alot cheaper than hotels and you'd fit a large number in.

15. ami-berliner

ami-berliner Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Berlin
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My wife and I are going over as a belated second honeymoon. We have friends in Berlin, Stuttgart, and Leipzig. As to where the US will end up, who knows, but I as well hope nowhere to the south; if you think Bayerish is bad, try Swaebish. If the US ends up in Berlin, then I have a friend that is probably going to let us use his apartment for the duration, and get the hell out of Dodge. He hates Fussball, and anything associated with it; but other than that he's a good guy. If the US ends up in any of the other two cities I mentioned, then I will contact my friends and see what they have to say.

16. ACGreen

ACGreen Member

May 12, 2004
    São Paulo, Brasil
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe Casey could put Sam's Army up in Mainz.

17. TTweLLMan

TTweLLMan New Member

Jun 3, 2002
    Middleboro MA
    I'm staying in boston MA.

18. Brian in Boston

Brian in Boston Member+

Jun 17, 2004
    MA & CA, USA
    My wife and I will be staying with her sister and brother-in-law and our nephews in Munich.

19. Anthony

Anthony Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    Aug 20, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, there will be some old US army bases that are unused, maybe people could stay there.

20. MrSangster

MrSangster Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Duxbury,MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Option#1) Birthplace =Weisbaden - however, no relatives there :(
    Option#2) Munich - friend from high school
    Option#3) Friends in Luxembourg
    Option#4) Friends in France

It's good to keep your options open.....

21. ttujosh

ttujosh Member

Mar 9, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    Hostels are a joke in Germany, much like the rest of Europe. its easiest to find a hotel on the internet for as much as the hostels and u get your own room and usually a shower. this is what me and a friend did last summer. I think all american players who ply their trade in Germany should give shelter those of us who travel for the cup. Not just those in the Bundesliga either, all leagues. that gives a good number of places all over, ya? haha

22. chowhog99

chowhog99 Member

Sep 26, 2002
    Pass the Tissues
    Going Going Going to Germany but no set plans to stay anyplace specific. Just wherever I can get some decent tix and then life will put me in course.

Most likely will be in Southern part of Germany so we can take the train to Switzerland and then scoot on down to Venice/Florence. I like Italians more than Germans but I still have to go where the soccer action is.

I would avoid hostels unless you are 20-something and want to party all night. Since we have kids in tow, that will not happen.

I would say that no need to find Americans to hang with, because we will be all over the place!! I met lots of Americans (along with lot of Latin Americans) while in France. And still more Americans taking trains to follow Tour deFrance and still another contingent trying to get out of France altogether to get to Pamplona for Running of the Bulls. Such fun fun times. Americans were everywhere.

Never fear, you will have great adventures if you don't try to plan it to the last detail. I can hardly wait

23. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    Staying with relatives. I will be up north, so the hope is that the US will be playing their games in that vicinity, but I plan on doing lots of traveling to see as many games as I can.

24. ElRoss425

ElRoss425 Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Moving to Ramstein on Sunday and will be there for 2 years, perfect timing for the WC as long as I don't get deployed during that time. What are the chances they have games in Kaiserslautern?

25. irishFS1921

irishFS1921 New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    the only crappy thing about being in ramstein is you're REALLY far from munich and alot of the northern soccer pitches.