Call of Duty: Black Ops

Discussion in 'Video and Computer Games' started by Dills, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Perv.

;)

2. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you supposed to lose your Cod points and have your kills and deaths restart when you prestige? Cause when I entered it today I went from 70000 COD points to 10000 and it looks my overall stats reset.

3. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hardline Pro is the shit.

4. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes it is, the ability to switch what you get in a care package is an awesome idea by Treyarch.

Found out you are supposed to lose all your funds when ya prestige. So, if you plan on prestiging remember to use up your money on stuff that carries over.

5. invisible_shadow

Jul 15, 2007
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Guess I'm pretty much the only one here that doesn't like this game.Gameplay seems rather slow and uninteresting.Too many times I'm finding myself getting many hit markers only to watch myself die instead.Overall disappointed.Didn't enjoy the game as much as I thought I would.

That being said,I prefer Modern 2 over Black Ops.

Here is my testing video of a few ballistic knife kills.Nothing extraordinary.Kick ass weapon.I wish Modern 2 had a feature like this.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNt1Dx-vCqE"]YouTube - Black Ops Ballistic Knife kills[/ame]

6. Tony Dellbird

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I don't know how people can prefer Modern Warfare 2. Hacking and Quick scoping have absolutely killed the game.

7. WhiteBlood

WhiteBlood BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait
    Hey guys, big fan of the game here although I must put up with a few problems which I hope you guys can help me solve.

Ok, I cant join ANY party, and my friends cant join mine. "Error- the game session is no longer available" or some sh!t like that. Also, when im in a game of zombies and my friends are in with me, I can hear one of them but not the other.

I know the whole NAT type bullsh!t, my NAT type is open and back on MW2 it used to be soooo easy to join partys and games.. Now, it's driving me crazy.

I've tryed the whole firewall/dns/dmz bullsh!t but none of it seems to work.

Anyone know how to fix this? Ty in advance, i'm a major fan of this game and the zombies aspect but this is turning into a game breaker for me.

8. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    They patched the PC version today and it does run much better now but after playing it for about an hour I just don't want to play it as much as BC2. It's not a bad game but I played MW2 loads over the last year and I don't fancy playing something exactly the same but with worse maps and janky hit boxers and spawns.

9. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

What system are you playing on?

10. WhiteBlood

WhiteBlood BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait
    PS3. Everyone says its a NAT problem, when I check my nat type through the network settings it says NAT2. Then in game it says OPEN.

11. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry can't help ya Whiteblood, from looking around it doesn't look like your alone with the problem and if anything the recent patch made connections issues only worse on the PS3.

I'm still really enjoying Blops but I have been thinking that COD's run as top FPS has about a year or more left and I think what will take it's place is gonna be Battlefield3.

12. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    the only annoying thing i find is when your shooting someone and they suddenly aim with a lesser weapon (im using an assault rifle, they use a small mg like the ak u or mac 10) after ive shot them a few times and kill me

and the connection issues

13. Tony Dellbird

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I find that more prevalent on MW2. CoD has a number of issues, that should be the least of your worries. How can getting stabbed once do more damage than getting 6 rounds put in you. It's never gonna be totally realistic.

14. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is a huge issue for me. I'm pouring hot lead into my "victim" and they turn to look at me and shoot with one burst and I become the "victim". Not sure if I'm missing a perk like the perk in MW2 that increased the damage, but it is entirely irritating. Makes me not want to play the game.

15. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In HQ I always respawn in the exact same place, which is generally miles away from the HQ depite the enemy having almost all of their team killed off and I'm sure we have people closer to the HQ. Really painful, especially if u don't have the marathon perk selected.

16. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Downloaded the new maps last night and was only really able to play Kowloon and thought it was decent map, it will be interesting to see how rounds on that map evolve since the high points are in the center of the map. I did play a round on the "Lake Placid" map but you can't really pass any sort of judgement on a map after one round. Gotta say though I wish a sepearte gametype was made just for the new maps and then integrated into the full game for this weekends double xp. Anyone else have some early opinions on them?

17. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i thought the maps were typical Treyarch maps ..... kind of a mess. The Arena map was pretty good, but maps like Kowloon, that Arctic research station and Berlin Wall were just big maps that are hard to find your way around. By that I mean, it's useless to talk with your teammates (I only played Hardcore TDM, i'm sure it's different with objective-based games) because you have no hope of telling them where you just got killed from. as we learn the maps it'll be easier to backtrack your steps to pick out campers, but right now people were camping hard on those maps. on kowloon it seemed like everybody just picked a window to snipe from.

NORML is right that they should have a seperate lobby for just the new maps like MW2 did. I played three games yesterday before I even had an option to play a new map, and then the first three new maps that came up were Kowloon every time. It was frustrating to say the least. I played 15 or so matches yesterday and i only saw Berlin Wall and the Arctic station come up as options once. There were more rounds with old maps than new ones ... people were pissy in the lobbies.

i played MW2 for a couple weeks prior to this and coming back to BO it's so jarring how poor the sound is in this game. Claymores and gernades sound like somebody is stiffling a fart, the silenced guns sound like somebody is gently tapping a pencil on a desk.

The game is fun and i'll definitely be taking part in the double XP weekend ... but if you're unsure on the new maps, I'll just say they're definitely Treyarch maps. I don't like Treyarch maps.

18. invisible_shadow

Jul 15, 2007
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Treyarch really did a piss poor job with sounds.Explosions sound like firecrackers and the guns...I won't even get into that.The atmosphere in Modern 2 seem more of an actual battlefield.

19. minorthreat

minorthreat Member

Jan 1, 2001
    NYC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I might check out the new maps this weekend. I haven't touched this game in months - my gaming time has been divided pretty evenly between Starcraft 2 and WOW: Cataclysm - but they might be worth a look.

20. Uppa 90

Uppa 90 Member

Jan 16, 2004
    K.C. MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the Hong Kong map is pretty good...

it's double XP weekend on Xbox...

a lot of high level prestiged players on, kinda making me feel like I am brand new...

21. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another double xp weekend for all starts today.

22. Uppa 90

Uppa 90 Member

Jan 16, 2004
    K.C. MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this game makes me soooooooo angry to when someone somehow repeatedly kills me with no scope across the map... I like knowing that the bastards who killed me over 20 times on CoD tonight and are on their 15th prestige have spent a full calender month getting that good on that game... and that they will be worthless come November when the new CoD comes out... they have spent 720 hours on a game - that then makes my feel wholesome and virtuous...

30 full days... just sitting there... playing a game...

23. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    tried the campaign on veteran yesterday, infuriatingly unfair

pretty awful anyway compared to the previous 2

25. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I tried it on Veteran, since I beat the three before BO on Veteran. I had to switch to a level lower because it was ridiculously hard. Treyarch just doesn't know how to make a good game.