California Victory vs Montreal, August 16th

Discussion in 'California Victory' started by Californiaspurs, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Californiaspurs

Californiaspurs New Member

Dec 22, 1999
    Santa Clara County
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Assuming they can muster up eleven players and pay for the other match night operating expenses, who else is hanging with the Vics until the bitter end?

It seems that all that is left of the sinking ship is the gradually slowing propeller, no longer connected to the engine, sticking up above the greedy waves. I notice they haven't updated their results page since unlucky July 13th.

And yet l will be there short of any bizarre divine intervention between now and then.

Someday we'll talk about it in better humor down the pub.

"Remember those last three home games of the Vics?"

"Yeah, 11 fans had to come on to represent the Victory for that last one."

"Aah thems were the days, them woz."

Sorry you gotta laugh if you don't want to primal scream :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh oh, oh to be a BAUSL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]

"we don't care what the other teams say
    wot the hell do we care
    coz we only know that there's gonna be a show
    and that Tottenham Hotspur will be there!"

2. Delle Alpi

Delle Alpi BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm with you I will be there to the end, and it looks like that is very near. I can't scream anymore its pointless, that is unless I see Piterman then I will scream believe me. That guys a wanker :D

3. Horror Show

Horror Show Member

Feb 23, 2004
    Fullerton, CA
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll definitely be there for the next 2 home matches. I'll be moving to San Jose in less than a fortnight, so it will be much harder for me to attend Vics matches should they hang around for another season, but I'll be damned if I miss the next two home matches. C'mon you Vics!

4. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will be there for the remainder... it's looking to be one and out but we're not going down without a fight--time to break out the flares and smoke effects! :D

5. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I too will try to make one or more of the next 3 home games. It aint over til it's over, even if it is, if you catch my meaning. :(

6. FCSF

FCSF Member

Apr 27, 2006
    SF, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Cant make this one as I'll be out of town but should be there all the others.

7. doktordan

doktordan New Member

Jan 23, 2007
    Oakland, CA
    Doubtful I'll be able to make it for this one, but I'l definitely be there on the 18th.

8. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will they seriously have a hard time fielding 11 players the next 3 home games? Or is this just idle speculation?

9. Alexi

Alexi Member

Feb 26, 1999
    San Francisco
  10. SL Benfiquista

Feb 11, 2006
    San Leandro, CA
    Just noticed they brought in Aaron Chandler, formerly of USF, who was in camp with the Columbus Crew. Didn't see any announcement on that one.

11. billward

billward Member

Oct 22, 2002
    El Cerrito, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Should we bring our cleats to the game? ;)

12. QuakePaola

QuakePaola New Member

Feb 3, 2005
    San Francisco
    Who's left in the team? I don't even get the e mail newsletters from the team anymore, so I guess that guy is gone too.

13. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haven't heard much of anything from the team lately. I'm starting to wonder if they're even going to be able to finish this season. Guess we'll find out tomorrow.

14. sko16

sko16 New Member

May 2, 2007
    Israel
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Watching Galaxy v. DCU in Superliga action right now. (You'll never beat) Mike Randolph is having a brilliant match and looks like he really belongs on the pitch.

By the way, match is in D.C. so no chance he'll be there tomorrow. Probably not much of a chance that he'd play even if it was in L.A. Tudela probably will though.

15. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought tonight's superliga game was at the HDC...

----
    I would think the team is going to play out the string and then take a wait and see approach. If they cancel out now it throws a wrench in the scheduling but then it's the homestretch of the season. I'm starting to wonder too if they're going to hang on--decided to rest up tonight so I could head into town and catch the two games tomorrow and Saturday respectively.

Heck if they're short on players let a few lucky fans get on the roster! ;)

16. Delle Alpi

Delle Alpi BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah the game was in LA. Good match Beckham looks like he is getting healthy, the final against Pachuca should be pretty good.

17. sko16

sko16 New Member

May 2, 2007
    Israel
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Whoops. guess the match was in LA. Still, prob no Randolph today. Maybe tudela.

18. Bruiser650

Bruiser650 New Member

Jun 30, 2005
    SanFranciscoBayArea
    Its funny how no matter how many times I tell you guys that at the very least the Vics will finish out the season, I still hear the same old BS.

As far as the website is concern, their webmaster was on vacation for the past week and a half.

And besides, what do you want to hear from them anyways? How life is great and I just won the Irish Lottery? C'mon... You know just as much as I do that they are bustin' their humps trying to secure a second season for OUR boys.

And since you are all soo concerned about the Vics, how about being part of the supporters movement to save the team from US Soccer obscurity.

Well...... I'm waiting.

Despite all the fleas, the dog ain't dead yet, fellas. Enough of the fatalistic crap. Support Your Boys.

19. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think people would just like to see something come out of the Vics camp. Anything actually. An acknowledgment that they're still alive and fielding a team. Or at least BS claims about buying 2008 season ticket packages. Something. Anything.

It's hard to support a club that seems to have no interest in supporting themselves at least publicly.

20. Alexi

Alexi Member

Feb 26, 1999
    San Francisco
  21. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. QuakePaola

QuakePaola New Member

Feb 3, 2005
    San Francisco

well that's the billion dollar question- innit.. is there any actual hump bustin' going on?? 'cause all the signs say they are just going to discreetly limp to the finish--then close up shop-- Is there any plan to even sell the team?

23. SSF Soccer

SSF Soccer Member

May 2, 2007
    South San Francisco
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First of all...even though it may seem that we are all just waiting for things to come to an end..there is a strong effort going on behind the scenes to find investors for the future. Not something that can be pasted all over the official team website, since it is tied into the USL as a whole, however, much can be said here in this forum when there is something solid to discuss. Can we talk about everything that is going on right now?...no, but can we acknowledge that we are working on it? YES. So do as Bruiser says....support the effort, get involved in the "fans owning part of the team" cause, and stay positive. When there is something good to report, you'll find it here. In the meantime, know that the few of us who are here, are on it!!....and we will give it everything we have. My only request of all of you is...be patient, support the effort, lets avoid the negative, and most importantly....come to the remaining 3 home matches.....Thank You,.... Mike

24. 4redcards

4redcards New Member

May 2, 2007
    southern california
    halftime 1-0 Montreal

25. 4redcards

4redcards New Member

May 2, 2007
    southern california
    final 2-0 Montreal