California Victory Jerseys and Scarves

Discussion in 'California Victory' started by Bruiser650, May 16, 2007.

1. Delle Alpi

Delle Alpi BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry Bill I wasn't clear thats what I meant, I just don't want the stripes to stop inside the silhouette of the bridge.

2. sko16

sko16 New Member

May 2, 2007
    Israel
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Okay, now that I understand what Delle is saying, I agree with him. I thought the same thing when I saw the bridge. The bridge should just be a black drawing and the stripes should run vertically all over the scarf, independent of the artwork.

3. ALLLGooD

ALLLGooD New Member

Apr 20, 2007
    Rockville, MD
    Ordering Jerseys

Since last night's admission that jerseys wouldn't be out until next year, I started looking for blue and white striped jerseys that we could potentially customize. I could take care of ordering them if there's enough interest. I came across two really good ones.

The first one is made by Jogo (the picture is blue and black, but they have blue and white available) and costs $27 which includes basic customization (pocket-sized logo on right or center chest, and number on the back), but would cost a little more to get a Victory logo on it. Just brainstorming, I was thinking of the Vics logo on the left pocket, then "06" as the number on the back. If we wanted to get fancy we could customize it to have the name "Nineteen" right above the "06."

The other one is the more expensive Adidas Aquilla jersey, which I researched could be as low as $30, without customization. It sort of looks like the Chivas USA jersey but with a curvy design to it. We could certainly get it customized, but it would up the cost.

I included links to the pictures of both. I think the first one would work out better because of the cheaper customization and quick turnaround (website says 1-10 days). The Adidas one looks like it's better quality though. I will probably order one or the other, so let me know if you want in.

Edit:
    They also have stock logos of knights that have a comic book feel that could included for free.

4. billward

billward Member

Oct 22, 2002
    El Cerrito, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Ordering Jerseys

Check with Brian Holmes of Cal Custom, they might give us a deal.
    How about 1906 in kid sized numbers?

5. JLoeza

JLoeza Guest

There is also this site, www.laligashop.com, which sells jerseys from La Liga, including Deportivo Alavés. They have the jersey the California Victory use, however, the Victory logo would not be on the jersey.

6. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm a bit biased on the adidas threads...

In the short term, I would figure the Alaves shirts. Otherwise, some custom adidas shirts. Figure we need to dress the part.

7. sko16

sko16 New Member

May 2, 2007
    Israel
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Finally! somebody found the jersey for sale. If you'll notice on this site, the Vics are just using last years Alavés shirts. They're for sale pretty cheap.

8. ALLLGooD

ALLLGooD New Member

Apr 20, 2007
    Rockville, MD
    Actually, they're using this season's jersey. I would be interested in getting the most current jersey, but when I did the conversion it's around $87 (including shipping). Yeah, it's a little above average price for a jersey, but is a "temporary" jersey worth that much?

I'm going to sleep on it.

(Dammit, I just checked...they have no mediums. wtf.)

9. yeroc25

yeroc25 New Member

May 25, 2007
    SF
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know if you order in bulk there is only one shipping charge. So depending on how many shirts are ordered the price could be around $45 per shirt.FYI

10. ALLLGooD

ALLLGooD New Member

Apr 20, 2007
    Rockville, MD
    The Alaves jersey would be sweet if we could get it at that price. I was thinking more of a 1906 jersey that we could customize. I was playing with photoshop to get a better picture of what those Jogo jerseys might look like. I switch the black stripes to white and made a black-and-white version of the Vics logo (I think they can only silkscreen b&w pics).
    [​IMG]

If the picture doesn't show up here's the link.
    [​IMG]

11. ALLLGooD

ALLLGooD New Member

Apr 20, 2007
    Rockville, MD
    I slightly revised the last jersey to include "1906" on the front. As designed it would cost around $40. Check it out, and tell me what you think. (sorry for not reducing the jpg size)

I'm so bored at work.

12. Delle Alpi

Delle Alpi BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very cool but do they come in size jumbo for me and Bruiser :D

13. BrendanOakland

BrendanOakland New Member

May 3, 2007
    I'll buy a jersey with the 1906 on it.

14. supersport

supersport New Member

Oct 17, 2001
    San Francisco
    So who is gonna make these jerseys? I would suggest as Billward did, Cal Custom.

15. FCSF

FCSF Member

Apr 27, 2006
    SF, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Has anybody thought of contacting Team 99 Soccer to see if they'll make an official replica? I figure it cant hurt as they are the official apparel partner.

16. supersport

supersport New Member

Oct 17, 2001
    San Francisco
    This is what is puzzling to me, why wouldn't this company create a jersey for sale that incorporates the teams colors and logo? They would certainly sell. I don't think it makes much difference to most fans if it is the exact official replica jersey, most of us would be happy if we could just wear the teams logo and colors. They could even sell it as an practice jersey, or supporters jersey. It just doesn't seem all that difficult or impossible to me. I think they should dump Team 99 ASAP, they don't seem to grasp what the fans want or how to make it happen, ethier way its bad business. I vote "1906" be given a budget, and put in charge of marketing, merchandise, and concessions. They couldn't do any worse then what we have now.

17. ALLLGooD

ALLLGooD New Member

Apr 20, 2007
    Rockville, MD
    I just emailed Brian Holmes at Cal Custom (I'll also try calling tomorrow). I looked at their website (which doesn't show much), but didn't see jerseys. I only saw printed silkscreened t-shirts. Does anyone know for a fact whether they do jerseys? Has anyone done business with them before?

The place that I've been looking at (www.totallysoccer.com) looks like it would be very fast, easy and cheap.

18. billward

billward Member

Oct 22, 2002
    El Cerrito, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brian Holmes is not a computer kind of guy. He has email. but you're much better off on the phone.

19. ALLLGooD

ALLLGooD New Member

Apr 20, 2007
    Rockville, MD
    I left a message last night and called Cal Custom today. The guy who answered said that Brian would call me back later. It's almost 5, now, and no call. *sigh*

20. billward

billward Member

Oct 22, 2002
    El Cerrito, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's Friday, and they're surely busy trying to crank out an order for some youth team or other event that needs them for this weekend. Try again in the early part of the week.

21. ALLLGooD

ALLLGooD New Member

Apr 20, 2007
    Rockville, MD
    I'm still waiting for Cal Custom to call back. But until then, I wanted to get a good idea of who would want to buy one.

And for those who do want one, I have some last design questions that I need feedback on. Hopefully I can order them this week so that we can have them by the Timbers match.

Please email me (via Big Soccer) your interest and I will send a group email to ask final questions. I don't think I can be on Big Soccer, as much this week. But I'll still have access to email.

22. tedwar

tedwar Member

Jun 24, 1999
    Richmond, CA-EastBay
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    AG

the email I sent to you thru BS bounced back. I'm interested.

thx

tony

23. ALLLGooD

ALLLGooD New Member

Apr 20, 2007
    Rockville, MD
    consider yourself counted

24. ALLLGooD

ALLLGooD New Member

Apr 20, 2007
    Rockville, MD
    I was just discussing with TedWar about the jerseys (we're 4 strong right now), and realized that the scarves fell through the cracks again. I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't forgotten.

Yuri, any word? What was the final design? Are the still coming in 3 weeks?

25. proud smurf

proud smurf Member

Jul 30, 2005
    Uranus
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So whats the word on the scarfs?

Are they in the works or they still in the to do list ?