California Victory Jerseys and Scarves

Discussion in 'California Victory' started by Bruiser650, May 16, 2007.

1. Paynal

Paynal New Member

Jan 29, 2007
    Camp Casey SK
    Wow! You do good work. I really like the way it looks with Sutro Tower on the reverse. Thanks man :D.

2. ALLLGooD

ALLLGooD New Member

Apr 20, 2007
    Rockville, MD
    But when you're wearing the scarf, the Victory logo isn't like the Alaves flag. Victory turned the flag so that it makes a "V" and points downward. If we keep the flag as is, it's going to point to the side.

Oh wait...or is it intentionally a shoutout to Alaves? I just noticed that the flag on the prelim scarf doesn't have our warrior dude on it.

3. ohhh_yeah

ohhh_yeah New Member

Oct 9, 2003
    Portland

if the "shoutout" is not liked the official logo could always be used...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. ALLLGooD

ALLLGooD New Member

Apr 20, 2007
    Rockville, MD
    That looks great! I can go either way with the Alaves or Victory logos. Or another idea is it to have one of each!

Do you think "California Victory" is going to be on both sides or put a slogan like I saw on the timbers scarves. Maybe "Beti Victory" or "Never surrender" or something like that.

Lastly, am I still tripping on the rotation of the logos? the victory logo would be rotated, the alaves one wouldn't?

If I haven't already said it, you can count me in for these.

5. ohhh_yeah

ohhh_yeah New Member

Oct 9, 2003
    Portland
    the words could be anything but i just picked this...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the question about the logos would be a great one for Yuri...

6. ohhh_yeah

ohhh_yeah New Member

Oct 9, 2003
    Portland
    if that version was picked then you would even have a simple chant:

1906 Oi Oi Oi
    repeat until your face turns blue...

7. amansbach

amansbach New Member

May 24, 2007
    i like the one with the california victory logo, where it says victory on both sides and then put in kezar on one side, has it been decided what the offical name of the supporters group is going to be?

8. doktordan

doktordan New Member

Jan 23, 2007
    Oakland, CA
    Turned the logos for you. I'm not a big fan of the font used, though. I think something a little less complicated would be better.

[​IMG]

9. Yuri Morales

Yuri Morales New Member

Oct 9, 2004
  10. Delle Alpi

Delle Alpi BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. billward

billward Member

Oct 22, 2002
    El Cerrito, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the stripes should be a lighter shade of blue, like the stripes on the kits. Also instead of running lengthwise I'd like to see the strips the other way.
    And the font should match the font on the crest.

12. ohhh_yeah

ohhh_yeah New Member

Oct 9, 2003
    Portland
  13. ALLLGooD

ALLLGooD New Member

Apr 20, 2007
    Rockville, MD
    The Fury does it again! Thanks for the good work, Yuri!

I agree with Ohhh Yeah about two different sides. But I haven't thought of anything other than "California" on one side "Victory" on the other. *shrug*

Another note to take into consideration is that if these are scarves to be sold to the public, they might not want "1906" on it. As for mine, keep it on there. And put me down for two! Now that I think about it, it would be cool to have that on one side of the 1906 specialty scarves.

Al

14. Delle Alpi

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree that the scarves available to the public should not say 1906 but we should have it on our scarves and it should be available to future members of the group. Also one side of the scarf could have San Francisco on it and the other side California.

15. supersport

supersport New Member

Oct 17, 2001
    San Francisco
    It has to have something SF on it. Remember next year if things go as planned the Quakes are gonna be the Nor Cal/BayArea team. This team (the Victory) need to embrace SF Locals and those close by. Maybe its just me, I but I think calling the team the SF Victory would have been better marketing then the California Victory. I would suggest the City skyline on one side, or using Suturo Tower on the ends on one side. No need for "1906" if its going on sale to the general public. Not only would I buy 2, but I would kick down some cash to help get them made.

16. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I havent read the whole thread but FWIW, I went with Sportscarf.com and was amazed by their increadible turnaround time. I think from the time they got the .jpg to the time I got my 100 scarves was less than 3 weeks. good price too and will definately go with them the next time.

Her is a shot of our design
    [​IMG]

For concern about adding "1906" to the scarves I ordered some knowing we were going to give some to the Front Office personnel and to various players. we had several people who don't sit in E10, but support what we are doing buy some as well and dont forget to get a couple extra for collectors and supporters who want to trade either.

17. ALLLGooD

ALLLGooD New Member

Apr 20, 2007
    Rockville, MD
    Yeah...whatever happened to Sutro. I still have the vectorized image if you need it, Yuri.

18. Yuri Morales

Yuri Morales New Member

Oct 9, 2004
    I do like the Tower. Does anyone have images of the Golden Gate Bridge or the SF Skyline that we might be able use?

19. 4redcards

4redcards New Member

May 2, 2007
    southern california
    :) yuri, I loved your sample scarves...they show a great look(ie., colors, symbols) for the Victory...hope they will be ready soon!!!!! Will we be able to order them "online" ? They are simple and to the point...not confused with towers and other stuff...(foreign to non-San Franciscians)smile!:eek:

20. billward

billward Member

Oct 22, 2002
    El Cerrito, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmm. An image just came to me. The Golden Gate bridge has vertical wires going from the catenary suspension wires to the bridge deck. Fill in every other space with light blue and the others with white...

21. Delle Alpi

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thats funny I was thinking something along the same lines but I was thinking have a silhouette of the bridge running the length of the scarf behind the lettering.Also I think this would look best if the stripes on the scarf were vertical running the length of the scarf.

22. billward

billward Member

Oct 22, 2002
    El Cerrito, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Something like this.
    [​IMG]

23. Delle Alpi

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like it Bill except my thought was to have the stripes run the width of the scarf and have the bridge and lettering over it. Just a thought :D

24. billward

billward Member

Oct 22, 2002
    El Cerrito, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I strongly disagree with your idea of running the stripes the length of the scarf. We should be able to hold the scarves above our heads in both hands, and have the stripes be veritcal, just like on the uniforms of the players.