California Recall Election Postponed

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Finnegan, Sep 15, 2003.

1. Finnegan

Finnegan Member

Sep 5, 2001
    Portland Oregon
    http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/09/15/recall.delay/index.html

Apparently the man concern is six countres with 44% of the state voters using punch card ballots that have been declared "unfit" by the Secretary of State.

They want to move the election to March primary.

You know I am pretty torn here. On one hand I think it is the right thing to make sure that the election systems are equal for everyone and clearly the vote being held in a Democratic primary will help out Davis and Bustamente.

On the other hand I was really hoping this circus would just go away quickly. We have real things to deal with in this country - an aging action star running for Governor in a bannana republic election is not one of them.

2. DevilDave

DevilDave Member

West Bromwich Albion/RBNY/PSG/Gamba Osaka/Sac Republic
    United States
    Sep 29, 2001
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    West Bromwich Albion FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh no! Another case of California thread inflation, as complained about by GringoTex several weeks ago... :D

Finnegan, you know I agree with 95% of what you say dude, but this topic has already been brought up on the main Gray Davis Recall thread.

BTW, as I have an absentee ballot from Sacramento County (one of the six mentioned in the ACLU suit) , I wonder if I should even bother sending my ballot back, "hanging chads" and all...

3. Finnegan

Finnegan Member

Sep 5, 2001
    Portland Oregon
    Mod's bump please to main Greay Davis Thread !

Sorry bout that - I guess I just did the exact thing I was complaining about by starting a whole new thread :)