[California] DC United @ Earthquakes (June 4) - Who's going?

Discussion in 'Supporters Abroad' started by Knave, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    It's been difficult to get a big group together for the San Jose games.

Perhaps if we start planning for it early we can change that this year.

I should be there. Who else is planning to go?

2. Bird

Bird Member

Sep 16, 2000
    San Mateo, California
    I will be there (assuming no unexpected travel plans, etc.) in 130 on the East Side.

3. Lzrdsrule

Lzrdsrule New Member

Nov 7, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Suzanne and I were thinking about going out for this game, hopefully we can make it. :cool:

4. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    And I will look for you yet again. I mean, really, I can't miss you every year. (Can I?)

Actually, assuming it all works out and I'm there (90% certain I will be) you should come over to my tailgate before the game. I usually park over near Club Quake, and I can give you a cell number to help you track me down. I'll probably have at least one other DC United supporter with me (DCU said he'll probably come up from LA again this year), and in year's past the Nuge (living in SF last I heard) has usually stopped by.

Well, truth be told it's not much of a tailgate ... really just beer and whiskey. But it's a good time anyway.

Oh, fine, for me it's mostly about whiskey. :eek:

But you should come over and have a drink.

5. JayJay4Pres

JayJay4Pres New Member

May 10, 2003
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I may try to make that game, not sure though. I do plan on having my liscense/car by June, but I also am not assured of the day ooff, work almost every other saturday when it's busy. and we are supposed to be busy in the summer. I'll try.

6. Bird

Bird Member

Sep 16, 2000
    San Mateo, California
    Thanks for the offer. I tailgate before 90% of the Quakes games I make it out to (which is most of them) with some of the folks from my work and soccer team. Usually, we're just across the lot (east) from Club Quake in the shadow of the billboard. So, that would work out well.

7. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    ... bump ...

This is the same day as the USA vs Costa Rica WCQ. Here's the schedule:

4:30pm - 6:30pm USA vs Costa Rica
    7:30pm - 9:30pm San Jose VS DCU

We only have ONE HOUR between the games.

That means we have to find someplace in San Jose to watch the qualifier.

Or maybe (just maybe) the Quakes or a Quakes supporters group have plans already for this. In that case, I think we need to crash their party.

Either way, this is something to think about since it clearly needs to be resolved one way or another.

8. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    ... bump ...

Another day or two and I'm moving this to the main board. I think that should be standard practice as the date draws close on these games.

9. JayJay4Pres

JayJay4Pres New Member

May 10, 2003
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If anyone is driving up from SoCal and needs company, I'd be up for the drive.

Looks like I should have the day off, only possible problem is it's a non pay weekend, so money might be a little low, but I'll try and save.