Calf pain

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by StrikerCW, Apr 4, 2004.

1. StrikerCW

StrikerCW Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Perth, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In games and sometimes practice I get tightness in the muscle on the outside of my leg, its not on the shin, butthe muscle which s runs beside the shin and also on the outside lower part of my leg. The muscles get tight and create alot of pain and make it hard for me to do ANYTHING. Anyone experiance this or know what it is. I have tried many things for it including shin splint "cures" such as wrapping the muscle tightly to the bone and it just increases the pain emensly.. any suggestions?

thanks

2. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I don't play soccer, but have felt this recently when I play baskeball. A couple weeks ago I was working out on my legs frequently. As a matter of fact I was working out on my legs twice a week including playing basketball frequently( twice a week for about 2hr). MAN WAS I IN PAIN!! The only thing that makes the pain go away is taking some time off. I stop playing basketball and working out for about a week. I played on tuesday and I felt fine. NO PAIN!!! It not a serious problem, but you must allow your legs to recover in order to keep the pain away. This going to be a trail and error type deal but I have already played back to back games of basketball and have felt no pain. I will bring back my legs workout this week and see how I feel.

3. StrikerCW

StrikerCW Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Perth, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well my high school season ended at the beginning of Feb. and I just NOW this week started to play, and it is still bothering me (got me half way through the high school season then slacked off a small bit).

thanks

4. goyoureddevils

Dec 17, 2002
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Go get an xray, it could be a stress fracture at worst, or some pretty bad tendonitis at best.

Try taking an anti-inflamatory before you play or train, aspirin or ibuprophin if you are not allergic. Take it about an hour before an see if it helps. If it does is is probably just tendonitis and you need to see a therapist about rehabing it and strengthening it so it doesn't come back.

I'm no doctor, but please beleive me you need to go see one before this gets worse.

5. amanzo81

amanzo81 Member

Apr 30, 2003
    home
    Club:
    Club América
    Same thing happened to me. I wasn't able to do much running since i sprained my ankle. Then about a month or so ago i started some light jogging again. At about the 2nd mile, i start to get the pain on the outside portion of my calf, near the shin. It does sting pretty bad. i had to take this whole week off from running because of it.

I have question of my own as well, and i would rather not start another thread about it. Since i sprained my ankle, i've had a weird problem with blood pooling in my legs. Actually, i dont know if thats what it is, but it seems like it. when i do jog, and i dont have my legs up afterwards for a while, i get these little spots on my legs that look like bug bites. they dont itch though, and they arent bumps, so i know they arent really bites. They seem to appear whenever im on my feet all day. And its both legs, not just the one with the sprained ankle, on the inside lower portion of my calves. Ive asked a doctor about it, but since they dissapear in a couple of days, i havent been able to show him. Has this happened to anyone else? Any solutions for blood pooling?

Sorry if its getting off topic, i dont mean to hijack anyones thred.

6. StrikerCW

StrikerCW Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Perth, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thats ok, I dunno what to tell you though, but on either topic, keep the advice coming everyone if anyone has any.

thanks