Calderon said in chinese media about Saudi football

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by greenlion, Jan 2, 2006.

1. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Calderon said in chinese media about Saudi football

after being sucked by KSA FA, Calderon told the media something about saudi football:

1. the Standard of saudi league is very low~ even it has super class teams like ittihad, but only three clubs are competitive.
    2. lack of victory desire is a big problem to Saudi players.
    3. faulty youth program, Saudi clubs don't have U-15 teams while in other countries kids started football training at 7 years old!

2. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Can't dissagree too much with what he said.

1. The league is dominated by 5 clubs, who take turns in being on form. The rest make the numbers. All the attention is on the big 4 (+ Shabab) and the rest are made to starve.

2. Mentality is a problem.

3. What youth programme? :rolleyes: :(

3. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Lol, so that reached China? Its the normal chit chat, any coach who gets sacks talks bad stuff about his old team, and while he still is coach he talks good stuff.

1. First of all, if you notice the Saudi Cup topics we have been talking about, you would see that Ittihad, Champions Of Asia etc couldn't reach the semis of the Saudi Cup, and that a Second Division club reached the Quaterfinals, after beating a Premier league club. How can that be uncompetitive? Ittihad hasn't won any Saudi local club tournaments since 2003, I'm not lowering them, they are a powerful club, but the Saudi club competition is tough.

2. I don't understand this one.

3. Most of the big 4 clubs have U-15 sure about that. Yusuf AlThunyan was playing with hus youth club Hilal since he was 11, and he turned to be one of the best saudi players.

So most of his talk was just trash, like AR. :D

4. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    What about Wahda and Qadysia, they are rapidly improving.

5. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    No he's not in China, the site doesn't mention where this interview took place~ maybe in Saudi :D

about competitive~ I think 4 big clubs is just enough for a league~ most asian and european leagues only has 4 or 5 regular champions competitors, I don't know the quality of other saudi clubs but I think the top four are competitive.

6. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Right now their is 4 clubs that can lose or win against each other any day. Shabab, hilal, ittihad, and ahli. Nasr, Wahda and Qadysia are inconsistent, and play good from time to time, on their best day, they can beat the top 4. Wahda nowadays is turning pretty solid.

7. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Qadesiya and Wohda are best of the rest, but there's still a big gulf between them and the big teams. They are not capable of sustaining a challenge. They have trouble winning against any of the big teams. They're good enough to do it occasionally (along with Ta'ei and Ittifaq) but it is always a surprise. 9 out of 10 they lose.

As for youth teams, there's an U18 (shabab) and U16 (nashe'in) league. That's it. And it's not like they're given much attention. They are very much an afterthaught as far as the clubs are concerned. Every once in a while they talk about "the foundations", but it's just talk.

8. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    First of all where's the link :rolleyes: ?????????????

9. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
  10. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
  11. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
  12. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    what a translation :rolleyes: After reading the title only, i said leave it.....................
    "Lao Ma in former days the teammate low-spirited said goodbye to Shutt just before leaving the spot has the west Asia soccer world two big chronic diseases"

what the heck does that mean :D

13. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I think Shutt means Saudi. :D