Cagão Thread - (Troll Thread)

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by ---Z---, Dec 11, 2015.

1. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    SCP_16 repped this.
  2. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Mackey mouse league strikes again

3. The Zeta Variant

The Zeta Variant Red Card

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Aug 7, 2021
    How was benfica allowed to play this game ? Lol

4. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
  5. The Zeta Variant

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Aug 7, 2021
    Going from watching a sporting game and then watching Porto is like going into a time warp and watching modern Amorim tactics and then going back to 1990s 4-4-2 crap . I feel like I’m becoming dumber watching them play.

Porto still having a very good season so far . Seems to still work for them . Last season they looked
    Good and went on a cagou spree against Braga and boavista etc. I also think the players are scared of Conceicao.

6. Tonel

Tonel Member

Sporting
    Aug 22, 2021
    Conceicao's brand of football is 90% garra, 10% tactics. Sort of like watching South American nations like Colombia and Chile play.

Players go out there, lay it on the line, be a bulldog and work horse, crush someone's knees, and so on.

If Conceicao could clone Maniche and field him 11 times on the pitch then he probably would

7. The Zeta Variant

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Aug 7, 2021
    lmfao ya their best players are almost always South American . Luis Diaz is a beast.

suits them and their scum fanbase who claim to be different and superior to the rest of Portugal because they are from “o Norte”

8. The Zeta Variant

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Aug 7, 2021
    Like I said Luis Diaz is a beast

9. Tonel

Tonel Member

Sporting
    Aug 22, 2021
    Luis Diaz, Falcao, Jackson Martinez, James Rodriguez, etc

Porto is basically good whenever they have a Colombian running the show

The Zeta Variant repped this.
  10. The Zeta Variant

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Aug 7, 2021
    They have always been good at scouting. I think they do good with Colombia because most clubs focus on Argentina or Brazil (the obvious). They also found Taremi in Iran . Have to think outside the box.

their 2003/04 and 80s/90s teams were mostly
    Portuguese though.

Tonel repped this.
  11. Tonel

Tonel Member

Sporting
    Aug 22, 2021
    One of my old elementary school friends was a Porto fan and back then Benni McCarthy was one of their notable foreign players back then. Things really took off after that

I remember that a lot of credit for their scouting work before was due to Luis Goncalves, but he later left to become the chief scout at Shakhtar. Which is why they've had a strong Brazilian presence for a while now

I will say that Islam Slimani was an example where Sporting went outside of the box and struck gold for those years. And for all his flaws, Bas Dost knew how to poach and score those goals

12. The Zeta Variant

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Aug 7, 2021
    Sportings problem was always self-sabotage.

13. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Most undeserved balllon dor ever? Lewandowski should have received his second ballon dor today

14. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

yea I don't get it. Dude had a cakewalk to the Copa final, did jack shit in the final (aside from one of the most historic failure misses of all time) and finished third in La Liga. Got his ass kicked in CL too but they give him the Ballon D'Or? F*ckin laughable.

15. The Zeta Variant

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Aug 7, 2021
    To make matters worse, they made a random best striker award and gave it to lewandowski. It’s like in grade school
    When they hand out a participation ribbon.

16. Tonel

Tonel Member

Sporting
    Aug 22, 2021
    Even Simon Kjaer deserves the award more than Messi

17. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    They made Lewandowski look in a Zé Nabo.

18. Sumol

Sumol Member+

Portugal
    Oct 12, 2011
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    The Fake News media continues to crap on Ronaldo.

This is hysterical.

19. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    *look like a Zé Nabo

20. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Ronaldo well imbedded in Messi and Barca fans brains he has left RM years ago and they still bring him up taking the Mickey out of him coz of the award they still seem to think he is still in his 20s sad fvkers

The Zeta Variant repped this.
  21. Ultimategino

Ultimategino Member

FC Porto
    Portugal
    Jul 13, 2021
    Sao Miguel
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I thought the Wesley Sneijder snub was as bad as it could get good lord, The balon dor' lost all credibility today.

22. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    17/18 Ronaldo had 54 goals, 11 assists, won the CL, super cup Spain, super cup Europe

Ballon d'or goes to Modric cuz he made it to a WC final (and lost)

This whole thing is just for prestige, there's no logic behind it, the people who vote just vote on their favourites and move on.

23. The Zeta Variant

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Aug 7, 2021
    Ronaldo left Real Madrid so their propaganda machine backed
    Modric out of spite. Now Benzema is getting the push lmfao he’s not a ballon dor candidate la liga is shit now.

Ronaldo was also deserving of the 2012 award but was robbed. All of Ronaldo’s wins were undisputed except for arguably the 2013 award but his performance against Sweden sent shockwaves around the world.

24. The Zeta Variant

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Aug 7, 2021
    They even poked fun at Ronaldo during the ceremonies. When they announced his name instead of showing a normal photo of him in futebol uniform, they showed a modeling pic of him in his underwear . Everyone gets a laugh.

There are articles out there claiming Messi winning ballon dor for the 7th time laid to rest the debate with Ronaldo. No way . Ronaldo’s 5 awards hold more weight particularly with how he did it when he was hated. 4/5 of his awards were won after champions league wins/euro cup wins, top scorers etc basically when he completely killed it.

Hopefully Portugal somehow can survive the playoffs and Ronaldo can make a run for the WC to shut up the haters but Santos will ******** that up and we will lose to Turkey.

25. Sumol

Sumol Member+

Portugal
    Oct 12, 2011
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Ruben Amorim is on the shortlist for Man United manager for next season. It looks like unless Ralf Ragnnick has a remarkable turnaround, he will not stay on as manager next season. Agreement is only until the end of the season, and then advisor position for next season.