Caen

Discussion in 'France: Clubs' started by cmblfc, Jun 23, 2007.

1. danny_mac3

danny_mac3 New Member

May 19, 2005
    France & USA
    Some observations from last night (as related to me via cell phone running commentary):

1. Gouffran is quality, and was dangerous throughout, interchanging on both wings.

2. Jemaa was the most dangerous player on the pitch.

3. Plante was solid, as usual.

4. Caen had trouble linking with the forwards through midfield, and Proment had an uncharacteristically bad game. Nivet was all right though.

5. Seube and Hengbart, God bless them, were good as usual. Solid players, who I really like (and they are damn good at paintball).

6. Mazure looked lethargic, and his eventual sub scored the winner.

The crowd was rocking and what a way to open the season. Allez Malherbe!

2. Douai

Douai New Member

Jun 16, 2006
    États-Unis
    Nice win for Caen to start their season.

3. from the plaines

from the plaines New Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Des Plaines
    Does anyone know where you can pick up one of there jerseys? I was going on the web page and the store doesnt look like they are selling them. I dont know if there is a site that sells a alot of L1 jerseys, but a lot of the stores and sitesover here just does EPL and some LL and SA.

4. Douai

Douai New Member

Jun 16, 2006
    États-Unis
    This website that ships to the U.S. has last season's home jersey:
    http://www.subsidesports.com/uk/store/product_list.jsp?id=72057594037931410

5. cmblfc

cmblfc Member

Jan 6, 2005
    New Britain, CT
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For some reason, the website announced they were coming out and showed pictures of the day they presented them, but they never actually put them in the shop.

As much as I like their team, I dont like how the website is, it is ver hard to navigate.

6. from the plaines

from the plaines New Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Des Plaines
  7. danny_mac3

danny_mac3 New Member

May 19, 2005
    France & USA
    Huge win against PSG last week has us 6 point clear of relegation. The goal was comical (like PSG's season) but we'll take it.

Unfortunately I still hear Gouffran is headed there in January.

Big match against Lyon tonight at home. We are 10th in the table. A draw would be wonderful in my opinion, and we have had some excellent results lately so it might be possible.....

ALLEZ MALHERBE

8. N. Platini

N. Platini Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Londres
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Hey .. :eek:

I think you guys chances of staying up is going to be home form .

9. Inara

Inara Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I honestly think Caen could sneak by with a 1-0 win. They gave us hell during the Coupe de la Ligue and was the second most attacking team we played all season after Barca. They had some great results against Bordeaux and PSG at the Parc, so they should have the confidence. Lyon on the other hand has an eye on the Rangers match.

10. danny_mac3

danny_mac3 New Member

May 19, 2005
    France & USA
    You called it my friend. Wow, I sincerely hope Gouffran stays. He was a terror.

And I LOVE that the substitutions int he second half were attacking!!!! Grandin, Jemaa, we did not close up and play defense. We attacked and won it that way.

So happy right now. 1-0 against the best team in France. My brother is hoarse from screaming, the Stade was wonderful tonight.

Allez Malherbe!!!!

11. danny_mac3

danny_mac3 New Member

May 19, 2005
    France & USA
    Was at the last game against Strasbourg last Saturday night. What a game. Cane was on the ropes for much of the first half until a half chance came, and Eluchans headed the ball in beautifully.

The second half saw Caen switch to a 4-4-2 from a 4-5-1. Gomis came off and Compan came on. The results were immediately apparent, as Gouffran was free to play off someone up top and he excelled. However, man of the match was Eluchans, never stopped hustling or running for loose balls. Florentin was also good as was Nivet.

And my goodness Plante had two incredible saves. I talked to him after the game and complimented him. He just smiled and mumbled thank you. I have watched him for the past three years, and he has got to be one of the best keepers in Ligue 1. Very underrated, but his angles and reflexes are really incredible.

After the game, the players made a lap and waved to fans, and the annnouncer ran to Gouffran with a mic and asked if he had any words to say. "joyeux noel," he said, and smiled. The fans laughed, then the other players put him on their shoulders and carried him the length of the field. Afterward, they surrounded him and gave him hugs. It certainly looks like his last game here. It is sad, but from what I understand, he will makes 5x more with PSG. And I hear he is gone (however a mutual friend says he has not made his mind up for certain, so we will see). But if he does leave Grandin is waiting. I said at the beginning of the season he would be special, and I still think he will. He is silky smooth on the ball and has real talent.

All in all a great match and I have much to be happy about.

Allez Malherbe!!!!!