Post-match: CA 2015, Rodada 2: Brasil x Colômbia, 6/17 [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Century's Best, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Doc_Exec

Doc_Exec Member

Jul 7, 2004
    I don't remember any remarkable aggressive acts from Neymar in La Liga. He did today but because of being unfairly yellow carded second time in a row resulting in him having to miss the next game for no fault of his own. Then, he got no protection from the ref (as usual). It is not so far fetched that he would be frustrated especially since Brazil depends solely on him. The refs should at least protect players like Neymar. Otherwise football becomes a game like rugby.

2. el escorpion

el escorpion Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    i think the same, the hand of Neymar was involuntary

Mengão86 repped this.
  3. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    I remember Neymar blew snot on a player in La Liga.

4. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Let's not forget Pele, at 29, did this in a WC. :ROFLMAO:

5. Doc_Exec

Doc_Exec Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Happens. When you get constantly kicked and abused, you lose it sometimes. That's human nature. No need to take away captaincy etc. (from Neymar) because of something brought on by incompetent refereeing.

6. el escorpion

el escorpion Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The most incredible player of all time, it's like Freddie Mercury, he can do what he wants, only a genius deserve that!!!

7. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I like the Jefferson idea but the implications of taking away his captaincy are pretty steep. I doubt the lockeroom wants that.

8. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    East Orange, New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well one good thing is that we've won our last 2 Copas after losing games in the group stage(Paraguay and Mexico respectively) so all is not lost!!

It's time for Dunga to put Robinho in and if he can't step up in place of Neymar then it's time to thank him for 97 caps and move the hell on!!

9. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    "Temos que ver as imagens depois. Durante não deu para ver muita coisa. O juiz não teve equilíbrio necessário não soube controlar o jogo. Os jogadores ficaram intranquilos. Lastimável. Os jogadores foram prejudicados por isso, não soube controlar o jogo", disse o técnico da seleção brasileira.

Dunga :ROFLMAO:

Hint to Dunga, control the emotional states of your own players before blaming the ref.

Mengão86, Ombak and MerlinRM repped this.
  10. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  11. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    " Errei , joguei mal , assumo toda a responsabilidade pelo que aconteceu, não gosto de perder e me estreado com árbitros fracos . Fico ******** com árbitros que não apitam direito " - Neymar

MerlinRM repped this.
  12. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Even with the last sentence that's a more responsible statement than the one from Dunga above.

Why is everyone saying Neymar misses two games? Is a red card 2 automatic games? I thought it was just one (and it wouldn't be added on top of the yellow card suspension - it's always the next game).
    All of Dunga's reputation as a disciplinarian means nothing if he punts responsibility like this and doesn't teach players how to shoulder it themselves.

MerlinRM repped this.
  13. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I like the fact that he understood what he did wrong. He did something similar after Dorival got fired at Santos and admitted he was in the wrong.

I've yet to really see Neymar do anything captain like besides kissing each player at the tunnel before the start of a game. I just think he is too young to actually lead the other guys who are all older than him or the same age. Today when the players need someone to motivate them and keep them in check, Neymar was throwing tantrums and getting sent off.

I also don't know if the locker room will care to much about him being stripped of the captainship because of the fact that they're all the same age or older and probably don't even take him seriously they way they did with Thiago or would with Jefferson.

14. Gio-13

Gio-13 Member

Aug 26, 2007
    watching skywalkers
    Club:
    FC Shakhtar Donetsk
    I just humbly add to all that Fred-bashing jazz a single detail that he's not been playing at attacking part of the midfield for almost 2 years now :rolleyes: And when he last did he never seen as a first choice there for me, no way.

15. Lockeroom

Lockeroom Member

Apr 11, 2008
    FC Neymar without Neymar and with Fred. It was at the World Cup 2014 or would it be Déja vu.........;)

16. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Dunga needs to get into Neymar ear and tell him stop with that taking the ball back to midfield crap. Neymar plays for the whistle too much also. That play when Zapata puts a body on him and he literally walking with ball at his feet waiting for the ref was ridiculous.

17. Brasitusa

Brasitusa Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    May 14, 2014
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Neymar collected two cumulative yellow cards in two different games. That's one game suspension. Then he got thrown out with a direct red. That's another game suspension. This is why he has already collected two games. He is still to be tried at the disciplinary committee which might earn him even another game. Two games is the minimum he will be suspended for, according to tournament rules.

18. Brasitusa

Brasitusa Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    May 14, 2014
    Club:
    New York City FC
    #168 Brasitusa, Jun 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
    It wasn't even atrocious finishing: it was no finishing. You can't score goals if you don't shoot. Brazil very very rarely shot the ball towards the Colombian goal.

Also we kept insisting through the left side, with Dani Alves wide open on the right side and rarely getting the ball.

One has to suspect the coach in a situation like this. Any coach worth his mettle would have said three things to his players:

1. Neymar, cut the crap.
    2. Try the right side from time to time.
    3. Shoot, for God's sake! Shoot!

With these three simple advices, the outcome might have been different.

19. Kevin_405

Kevin_405 Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Even if it was on purpose there should have been a pk and yellow to zuniga for high kick on the play which happened before the call. I liked the no call ther e but then u cannot call a yellow on unintentional handball. The ref was biased against neymar that was evident from both gamesand I believe the ref was the same

Doc_Exec repped this.
  20. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He had two crosses. He also gave the ball away deep in our defensive half a couple times and also left an avenida open. He wasn't the worst tonight, but also wasn't the "best."

As far as the rest of your post, I agree about having a physical striker. Judas Costa would have been nice to hold up the ball, fight with the CBs and be a target in the area along with his work rate. Unfortunately, we don't have any that fits that mold and his skill level.

21. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Other thought: Colombia played relatively well in the first half, and without taking credit from them, we were extremely poor. IMO, James did not have a good game and they still won. We played a better game vs them in the WC than we did last night. Yet Felipão gets bashed for his tactics and Dunga goes scotfree...

Pandore and NotreDameFlamengo repped this.
  22. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Dunga is only a disciplinarian in regards to respecting him. As far as other things go, it has been proven the contrary.

23. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Some claim that the Spanish judicial system's opening of an investigation into corruption charges re: Neymar's transfer to Barcelona from Santos affected his play.

This may be true, but if the team as a whole played poorly (I didn't watch the game), then Dunga has a lot to get done before Venezuela.

As for discipline, Neymar should have known better. He's not the rash teenager who screamed at Dorival Jr. a few years ago. He has now won a Libertadores, a Confederations Cup, a Champions' League, and he has played in a World Cup. He was cool and calculating against Peru. That's the Neymar we need - if we're still around by the time he plays in this Copa again.

I never thought I'd see the day that we might face elimination in a cup competition against Venezuela, but we lost to a team that Venezuela defeated. Venezuela has realistic chances to defeat Peru and face us with 6 points - this is a game we not only cannot afford to lose, but must win. Reminds me a bit of the round of 16 vs. the United States in 1994.

24. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    To those who totally discarded Marcelo after the Germany game: are you satisfied with Filipe Luis? Is he really an upgrade? I haven't seen it yet thus far. He's been marginally better than Marcelo defensively. I've seen plenty of balls being played on his back. Going forward, he's clearly not better than Marcelo. He missed a great opportunity cutting inside vs Peru. He hasn't linked up with anyone on the left well. I can't remember a single good cross. The only positive I recall was that play for the second goal vs Mexico, in a friendly. Don't get me wrong; he's a solid player. I just don't see how he's better than Marcelo yet, even defensively it isn't that evident. I see why Mou kept him as a second choice LB. @nicephoras

25. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    I don't remember Marcelo being asked to be discarded. Most of the heat fell on David Luiz.

If anything, we still can't play 2 attack minded FB with this midfield.