Post-match: CA 2015, Rodada 2: Brasil x Colômbia, 6/17 [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Century's Best, Jun 15, 2015.

1. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    East Orange, New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    D. Luiz should be acting captain and put him in place of Fred!! Shit ban anyone name Fred for 4 years!!:x3:

2. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    The stuff Neymar pulled tonight was worst than Thiago crying. A bad game happens but the antics reached a whole new low for me. I don't think I ever seen a Selecao player act so stupid in my life time.

Trying tricks in the middle of the field, losing the ball and then just standing there complaining to the ref while Colombia is counter attacking and he did that more than once. The nonsense at the end of the game.

PapaDoc23 repped this.
  3. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    No one values Thiago Silva's abilities as a captain more than I do, but I felt bad for Neymar today. His actions were horrible for a captain, but he is so young and a player like him, who is constantly fouled, will obviously get into some volatile situations, which could lead to silly cards. That's not ideal for a captain.

The real mistake was Dunga stripping T Silva of his captain's armband and putting such a heavy weight on a young player.

XaviandXabi and MerlinRM repped this.
  4. PapaDoc23

PapaDoc23 Member

Apr 9, 2012
    Brooklyn,New York
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    During the second half it was the wings and full backs doing the work while Colombia stacked the box. Our lack of a true #9 was shown as a weakness. We played like Portugal...we could not finish and depended on our wingers to save us. Props to the Colombians tho I wont go their thread. They are probably calling Neymar and Brasil mierda,basura and stuff. Dont need to be more aggravated.

MerlinRM repped this.
  5. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I missed the game but just saw some highlights, frankly Neymar was lucky not to be sent off after the handball because he could've (should've) got a second yellow for pulling the ref back to "tirar satisfacao".

There needs to be a big shift in attitude otherwise even if we start winning we're just waiting to implode again like in 2010 and 2014 the only question will be when and how it will happen.

PapaDoc23 repped this.
  6. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Dunga should be blamed for the first half performance. The build up was slow and we were very passive. The 2nd half was much better and I can't complain about that performance. Firmino should never missed an open net.

PapaDoc23 repped this.
  7. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    After being annoyed, I've calmed down and realized that these are the same people who basically broke Neymar's back last summer and destroyed his ultimate dream. I'm not condoning him but he is young and emotional. Its just a clear sign we need another captain. This was unacceptable.

8. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    And what happens when you take the captaincy away from him? He's the leader of this team for better or worse. Like celito said Neymar fc.

9. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yeah, that game was horrific. There was bound to be some tension today, but it's too bad Neymar didn't control himself. As a neutral, it's hard to be too harsh on him, when I'm constantly seeing players bully him and get away with it. But in terms of him being a captain, that was Dunga's error. That being said, since he was captain, he should have done better to lead by example and not collapse under pressure.

10. Doc_Exec

Doc_Exec Member

Jul 7, 2004
    The real problem has been the refs not protecting Neymar. Neymar played poorly today by his standards. He tried to dribble unnecessarily instead of passing to players in wide open positions. However, he did not deserve the yellow or the red. The ref was completely wrong in both cases. Neymar lost it because he realized that he could not play against Venezuela through no fault of his own. His frustration would not set in if the referee did not commit the blunder of showing him the yellow. At the end of the match, he did not even touch the Colombian player and got viciously pushed by Bacca. Bacca deserved the red obviously but not Neymar. Shambolic refereeing has resulted in Neymar seeing two yellows and a red in this tourney and have jeopardized Brazil's chances. It was satisfying to see some creativity from Coutinho and D Costa, which was not there in the first half. Willian was off color today, which did not help matters.

11. PapaDoc23

PapaDoc23 Member

Apr 9, 2012
    Brooklyn,New York
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Exactly what i saw was just a bunch of emotional weak players 2day. Ok we lost move on. Stop acting and provoking the colombians because you risk a red card. Now Neymar is out for two games. Dunga better give them an earful tommrrow. Because it could happen again at the worst possible time. This was a grpup stage match and we are still acting like this. I can imagine a semifinal with Chile or Argentina and we are down 1-0.

12. samuel_clemens

Dec 20, 2005
    Los Angeles CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    can't remember the last time we were incompetent in every sector. Defensive blunder, midfield overrun in the first half, atrocious finishing. At least against Germany we shot on target and Neuer had to work for his money.

13. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He gets more time to mature into becoming a captain thats what will happen. Give it to Jefferson or Miranda. Someone with some age and wisdom to them until at least 2017. At 26-27, I bet Neymar will cringe at watching himself in this game. Its obvious watching him in La Liga and today that he still has some things he needs to grow out of.

He is the best player on the team no doubt but he isn't a leader at all.

14. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Only watched the 2nd half and probably won't bother to go back and watch the 1st. Not much you can do when you have a limited midfield and no true striker when a physically strong team like Colombia parks the bus after going up 1 x 0. Fuk ... Venezuela did it to Colombia successfully.

Having said that Firmino should have scored that open net goal. Tough miss but it happens.

I hear Neymar had a really bad first half. I do hate when he messes around too much specially in the midfield. Really silly for him to react at the end and get a red card. What is it with Dunga and not being able to control his players ? Although I've seen Neymar do something similar at Barca only he didn't get caught.

Coutinho seems to have come on well and should start IMO. Only other really skillful player we have on the team and he can shoot from outside too. Surprised Fred started. That's some serious BS. I also see Alves got some mixed reviews ... more like everyone saying he was OK and @Mengão86 bashing him :ROFLMAO:. Regardless of his overall performance, late in the game he gave an excellent pin point cross to Neymar who mishandled the ball.

Oh well ... on to Venezuela.

15. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It has happened quite a few times. And no phrase should ever start with "At least against Germany" ...

PapaDoc23 and MerlinRM repped this.
  16. Doc_Exec

Doc_Exec Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Watching him in La Liga means what exactly? You are condemning Neymar because the La Liga players nowadays are pussies who cannot accept flamboyant dribbles? Because they can't do them? Neymar was poor today but let's not get carried away.

17. el escorpion

el escorpion Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Worst than the refs on Brazil games on the last WC against Croatia, Chile, Mexico and Colombia?

pepinointer repped this.
  18. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Dunga have may have these guys playing with chip on theire shoulder but tonight Neymar was the only one acting like a hothead tonight. I can't blamed Dunga on that one at all.

19. samuel_clemens

Dec 20, 2005
    Los Angeles CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Neymar def had an axe to grind in this game. I looked to me like at least once he tried to get revenge on Zuniga hitting him with a knee from behind.

20. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It means he does these little things like his headbutt routine and other aggressive acts. Maybe we watched different games but he had terrible behavior tonight that everyone else in this thread but you saw.

21. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    He did what every ref has been doing in this tournament just letting things go. Messi is getting no calls, Cuadrado was not getting calls and obviously Neymar. The yellow in the first half to Neymar was BS but I can't really complain about the ref.

22. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Dunga is also not blaming Neymar. At least from the quotes I saw from his presser. He apparently said the ref didn't control the game well LOL.

23. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    I felt this game was tamed compared to the last two encounters. Hell, Fernandinho wasn't even hacking per usual.

24. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    At least Felipe Luis made a record. 111 touches in just one game.
    And Neymar's red card. I don't have anything to say

25. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Imagine if we see them in the knockout rounds. I think there is actual dislike on our side now. Before it was the Colombians who hated us but now it's mutual.