Post-match: CA 100: Brasil x Equador, 4/6/2016 [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Mengão86, Jun 2, 2016.

1. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    We'll win and forget about this snoozefest and Dunga will continue on with the likes of Elias and RA in the starting lineup instead of Lima. That is until the next game we struggle in.

2. Brasitusa

Brasitusa Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    May 14, 2014
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Disappointing...
    Oh well, we do not have the A squad anyway.
    Not that our A squad is doing much better in the WCQ...

3. StrokingMonkeys

Oct 4, 2009
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Positive thinking: Ecuador beat Argentina without Messi. Ecuador tied Brasil without Neymar.

Positive thinking... Positive thinking... Positive thinking... Positive thinking...

4. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Dunga and his boy Allisson bailed out. Looks like a legit goal was ruled out.

MerlinRM repped this.
  5. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    I don't think Renato Augusto passed forward once. It was sideways or backwards on top of that he was mostly invisible as usual and Elias played his usual game of ruining attacks with bad passing or bad touches and they get handed start after start. It really infuriating.

Dunga faith in Elias, RA and Allision will be the nail in his coffin. It really infuriating to watch.

old_carioca_in_nyc repped this.
  6. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I thought Brazil in the first half was really good; I know there wasn't a lot of clearcut chances, and Ecuador created some dangerous situations, but I thought that Brazil flashed some nice things. Casemiro seemed comfortable and able to stabilize the midfield, Jonas I actually liked in his movement and ability to hold up the ball, and I liked the way both FBs supported the attack. Augusto and Elias were pretty weak though, especially in the second half; Lima needs to start. In the second half things kind of got stuck in a quagmire of predictable play out wide, which of course cycles back to weak performances by Augusto and Elias. Overall, its a solid-enough outing against an Ecuador team that is pretty tough and is 2nd in qualifying. There's room for improvement, but I saw reason to be hopeful about Brazil's tournament moving forward.

EDIT: Although, I forgot Alisson and his massive blunder. Alisson is a pretty poor GK; I'm not sure why he's still there. That makes me less optimistic, thinking about that, actually.

7. JoãozinhoFutebol

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Outside of the blunder, how did Alisson play?

8. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Had a couple nice anticipatory come-outs to collect balls from Ecuador attacks, but struggled corralling a kind of half-cross half-shot that could've made its way into the net if he was even a little more shaky. Also seemed to get lost and struggle in traffic in the air a bit.

JoãozinhoFutebol repped this.
  9. JoãozinhoFutebol

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    How was he with the ball?

10. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    You midfield couldn't pass. Other than that, and Alisson's OG, not so bad, I guess. But seriously, some of the passing from Elias, Renato Augusto and Casemiro was downright awful. Coutinho tried things........80% of which were awful. Willian was probably your best player (I may well be biased), but he needs to take players on more since relying on the midfield in this squad is not a good idea.

11. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Wasn't particularly zoned in on that portion; I'd say anonymous.

12. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    I thought Casemiro did well at his role which was shield the back four. His passing was poor though, he should keep it simple from now on.

Ecuador really didn't cause us trouble as we snuff out most of their counters easily and contain them for the most part. Gil surprisingly was solid and out of Dunga boys was the most reliable one.

13. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Sound's like your exaggerating quite a bit. The midfield passed just fine specially in the first half.

14. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Not a bad performance considering the circumstances. I think Ecuador started the game pressing high expecting us to struggle passing the ball but I think the team broke the press quite nicely. What was missing was obviously the final ball. We became more predictable in the 2nd half and Ecuador more defensive which made things tougher.

Willian was good again and I thought Coutinho did well too switching the point of attack quickly. Filipe Luis had his best game for the NT although he gave 1 or 2 bad balls away.

Oh yeah ... and that ball did not cross the line. Allison is lucky.

15. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    East Orange, New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Plus Alisson has the confidence of goalkeeping coach Taffarel!! Doesnt seem he's learning much!! And also we have Rogerio Ceni on as one of Dunga's assistants!!

16. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I would have traded our point yesterday for Alisson's benching in favor of Diego Alves. Now I doubt it happens. And Jefferson's "blunder" was far less worse and we saw what happened to him afterwards.

17. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The Roma fan in you is inquiring :p

18. JoãozinhoFutebol

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yes haha I didn't watch the game sadly/thankfully.

19. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Although I'm not a fan of his game at the moment, he has some potential. I think Roma should sign a veteran to easy him in a bit like Inter did with JC. What you want to avoid is treating him like Napoli did with Rafael.

JoãozinhoFutebol repped this.
  20. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It's explained then. He was just paying homage to Taffarel.

Lockeroom and omajac repped this.
  21. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'd love to see Alves take the starting spot.

22. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Along the wings, but passing through the center was bad.

23. JoãozinhoFutebol

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    This has been Brazil's downfall since 06. And management ignores it every year.

Lockeroom repped this.
  24. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    It has been more of a problematic issue from 2012 and after IMO.

Dunga probably think he solved this issue by adding RA. We are not using as many long balls as we used too but now everything come from the wing and once the opposition catch on to what we are doing, they double up or sometimes triple the coverage out wide and Dunga is stump.

25. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Considering the plague of injuries this past week, and Dunga's inability to practice with the same consistent line up for two straight days, Brasil was Ok.
    Ecuador is in first place in the qualifiers, is very well coached, and extremely tough to break their defense. So a decent result especially seeing Ecuador looking pleased with the result the last 10 minutes.
    I couldn't understand subbing Wilian, our best player.
    Would have liked to see Ganso as I believe his play making could have broken the defense.
    Still can't understand why Barca wouldn't release Neymar, fuked up.
    Still can't understand Marcelo's exclusion, the starting left back of the world champions.
    Alison??? Don't get it. We lucked out on that one.
    Haiti will be an easy win, and we will beat Peru; hopefully lots of goals to qualify first from the group.
    PRA FRENTE BRASIL !!!!