C2007 GAME 9: UNIVERSIDAD v CABRAS

Discussion in 'Pumas de UNAM' started by franco, Mar 5, 2007.

1. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...universidad against the cabrillas...promise to be a good game, as always...who is going to this one?...

...are the tickets on sale already?...i was thinking going to this one in the morning to then go to azteca at nite...

...domingo de futbol del bueno en la capirucha...hope the teams dont dissapoint...

...hope no injuries this time for us...is ailton ready?...:confused:

...nice to see our team get the 3 points from monterrey...:cool:

2. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    I´m not even going to fake that I will even try to go to this game. I´m going to a concert the day before and even then, Chivas games just have too many fans. I will wait until the Queretaro game and maybe go to the Azteca when Atlante host UNAM, since I went to see UAG on saturday and since I was thinking of going to every UAG game here, then I should at least see UNAM agaisnt Atlante.

But Sunday, I probably will be sleeping while the game is being played.

By the way, not having Parejita and how good Chivas is playing, has me worried. And Santos may have woken up in the descenso and with the group, Tigres keeps winning, Morelia is doing well and Cruz Azul is America´s bitch. Pretty worrisome.

3. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Jose Luis López has been suspended for two games.

4. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    sucksssssssssssssssssss:mad:

5. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA

...i think this will be a good open game, the way cabras play should be fun to watch...

...i too am worried about pareja being absent and agree with u about the whole descenso thing plus about how hard our team is compeating in the group with other teams...when is ailton back?...:mad:

6. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    ... no idea about Ailton... but he'll miss this one at least, Chupa is doubtful, and Bernal out.

... obviously bad to lose Pareja, especially t6o such a bad decision, but Espinosa is a lovely crosser of the ball, and has nearly always done fine for us stepping in...

...yes, Chivas are pretty good going foward, will be a good test of how just how good we are defensively. they didn't score against us at their place last term (well they did, but adjudged offside) ... a clean sheet Sunday would be awesome...

... i will be there, but mediotiempo said yesterday it is sold out already, and already people paying twice face value for tickets...

7. John Jagou

John Jagou BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 8, 2006
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    so how much is that? 200 pesos?

8. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    ...hmmm... yes about that... but "double" sounds more dramatic :D also if they are being sold that much more 3 days before the game, we might just see it rising on the day... thank goodness for me season ticket....

9. John Jagou

Feb 8, 2006
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    I long for the days when tickets were that cheap here in Austin. Now tickets ofr UT football average $60. My season tickets cost about $350 a piece. There was a time when they were $15 forever, and $1 or $5 got you in the endzone seats. And they call college sports "amateur."

Anyway...This could be the key game of the year, as it can set the tone for the remaining games. I am confident Universidad will do well, but goals will be needed. I smell a 2-1 win or a 2-2 tie.

10. John Jagou

Feb 8, 2006
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    ******gametime Psa******

For those watching in the US. The game will be on 1 hour later than usual because Mexico will not have switched to Daylight savings time.

11. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
  12. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    ...100th league game between Pumas and Chivas... Record staff and Fox Sports staff go for Chivas, ESPN staff and Soccermania staff go for a draw, Radio Formula staff, mediotiempo and Pasion W all go for Pumas...

...i'm not laying any bets either....

...what do you guys think about 5-3-2 - Moreno in at the back, Espinoza at right back, Castro def mid, with Leandro and Sancho in front of him? Esp and Velarde could push up as wing backs, as needed, and I think I would rather see Gonzalez and Scocco up front, but I guess we would need Pao's work in holding the ball up - just wish he could be more positive sometimes....

...mediotiempo seems to think 4-4-2, esp right wing, and Gonzalez in on the left in place of Chiapas.. and paco and nacho up front... we'll find out in about 23 hours, I suppose....

...anyone know if Bofo is back.... the main thing I think, against Chivas is organisation, they are such a fluid team, we just need to be aware at all times where everyone is...

....I think RoRo is a decent keeper, but last season he seemed to choke in the big game (v America), does he have a reputation for this? ....

....I really cannot stick my neck out with a prediction at all on this one... not even a result, let alone a scoreline...

13. PasionPorElTri

PasionPorElTri New Member

Jun 27, 2005
    Guadalajara, Mexico
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  14. PasionPorElTri

Jun 27, 2005
    Guadalajara, Mexico
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Mediotiempo always put Chivas games as a draw or lost but it rarely comes true... they also put a draw between Necaxa and Chivas and what do you know we won 4-2

15. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    0-0 at the half.

Lucked out a bit before the whistle with Santana shooting just over the net and Bravo hitting the crossbar with a header.

What was Parejita doing in the middle of the crowd at the stadium? It looked like he was risking being torn apart by a mob!

16. PasionPorElTri

Jun 27, 2005
    Guadalajara, Mexico
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

:::rofl::: Parejita owns!! .. haha he looked mad funny watching the game with LA REBEL lol

17. Piedraias

Piedraias Member+

Feb 27, 2005
    Califas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    pics?

18. PasionPorElTri

Jun 27, 2005
    Guadalajara, Mexico
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

don't have any... saw it on the highlights of the game from televisa... lol ...one of the leaders from La REBEL was protecting him... jejeje... but parejita looked happy/nervous lol.. if i find any pics or video i'll bring it

19. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    ...you remember Kikin did this a few years ago when he was suspended... will write on the game a bit later...

20. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    Parejita watched the first half from Pebetero, and second half from Palomar:-
    [​IMG]
    "Micky" out of Molotov was also there:-
    [​IMG]

21. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
  22. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Here's what was briefly shown of Parejita in the stands by Univision during the game...

[youtube]JqDoV3H3LRs[/youtube]

23. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    sucked yesterday we got lucky at the end of the first half and they got lucky at the end of the second as well...pretty balanced game overall...missed pareja on the derecha and ailton on the left...

24. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    well, I'm spot on once again!! Three (count 'em!) one-on-ones with Bravo, and he comes out on top each time....

.. really throughly enjoyed it Sunday, good bright game, and a draw the fair result...

... all across the park we had players playing well, just felt that both Leandro and Palencia playing too deep too often.... also Leandro didn't seem to be thinking as quick as you'd expect....

...scocco showed the sort of things whcih he has, which can turn matches, got to stick with him, and give him 90 mins each week...

....at the back so impressed with how they (esp Sideshow and Veron) read and covered pretty much everything....

...not sure how that chance from Palencia went wide second half, i could have sworn I saw the net bulge!

... anyway, 100th league game between the teams, and RoRo's 100th leagu game (and 31st birthday), and finishes the same as last game at their place - 0-0 with a Chivas goal ruled out for offside..

... so lots of good... but we got to start scoring....

25. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Unfortunately I only managed to watch the last 20 mins of the match. From what I saw it looked pretty intense and it looked like our defense was able to hold off one of the best, if not the best offensive forces in the league. We just have to be able to score for ourselves.

Same old story.

jeez he was about to get torn apart.