C2007 Game 7 : PUMAS v Cruz Azul....

Discussion in 'Pumas de UNAM' started by Disco Dale, Feb 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    So Paco has said he would celebrate if he scores vs them...

... must mention somewhere here that Moreno played the 90 mins in the National under-20's team 2-0 v St Kitts & Nevis.. well done to him, only seen him briefly this season v Veracruz...

.....I think we decided elsewhere on 4-4-2, I was suggesting sticking Iniguez out on the left from the start if Ailton is still out (I think he is, but Gonzalez may start on the bench).. but I am thinking now maybe we could play 5-3-2, for this one:-

----------------------Bernal-----------------------

----------Pikolin------Veron------Moreno-----------
    --Castro----------------------------------Velarde--

----------------------Sancho----------------------
    ----------Pareja------------------Leandro----------

--------------Scocco----------Paco----------------

again, just thinking aloud really..... sure it will be 4-4-2 come sunday midday - last time we entertained Cruz Azul, jeeeezzz that was a bad day, 5-0 we lost, not overly confident about this time, but certain it won't be that bad.... It was a bad day from the start, we were shooting north first half, and that always unsettles me, not sure about the players, seem to remember the first goal going in after about 8 seconds, but will check the facts.... says min 2, that was also the game were Ailton got a second yellow for diving - one of the worst and stupidest decisions I had ever seen on a football pitch.... he stumbled on the ball, fell to his face (no defender very close), he leapt to his feet and ran after the ball, only to hear the whistle, and to my complete and utter astonishment, get called back and shown the card - awful... 18th minute, and we were 2-0 down and down to ten... you knew it was going to be a miserable afternoon - it, surely, can only be better.....

2. Americafan78

Americafan78 New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Los Angeles
    I was reading one of your blogs before...pretty kool....I think I read that u are from Britain...is that true???
    if so, what do you like about living in el DF???
    What are your opinions on Mexican soccer????
    just trying to see what people from other places think....
    I know as a Mexicano....I think our level is pretty good..and I sometimes go as far as saying that we are eye to eye with Brasil and Argentina and have already passed Colombia(club wise) in the continent.....Pachuca already brought home our first continental title
    unfortunately most of our central and south american brothers always find arguments to bring us down....and the MLS followers think they have a better league.....
    in all honesty, what do you think???
    thanks

3. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    Sorry, I'm a twat, clearly Moreno won't be playing... but looks like Gonzalez is fit, to be sub at least... something i am particularly looking forward to is my hero, Marco Antonio Pikolin Sideshow Bob Palacios completely owning Jared Borgetti in the air - should be a good fight...

Yes mate, I am a Brit, and I have banged on about that a lot, so I won't go over old ground too much, but I do live in DF, I love it, its nuts sometime, but I enjoy that ("you are only surprised here when you are not surprised") its like a very bad idea, putting a city up here, then filling it with millions and millions of people, its hard, its tough, but its 100% real, and I love it - about football, my first match here was Atlante 0 - Pumas 1, and deeply deeply boring.. but I think I agree that in America the Mexican league is undoubtedly top three, and you can build a very good case for it being above Brazil and Argentina. I do wish it was played faster here, and I wish the refs were a) better, and b) let more stuff go, it is, after all, a man's game, and I hate this slightest contact being called every time ("I came here to watch football, not hear some twat blow his whistle"), and I get frustrated, both watching and playing here, that players all too often try and do far too much themselves, holding the game up, rather than making quick passes - its a simple game, pass and move, pass and move ..... (have you seen the film Gol? "What have you learnt?", "I need to run faster, boss?", "No, that the ball can always move quicker than you", and he was a Mexican lad).. anyway enough on that, happy to answer any more questions, any time, cheers....

oh one more thing, if anyone genuinely believes MLS is a higher standard than the Mexican League, they must be on some seriously hard drugs....

4. foleyts

foleyts New Member

Oct 28, 2006
    NY from WA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree on the MLS. I never really watched the Mexican League until recently and just learned that it is a lot better to watch than MLS.

Does anyone know where I can find a long sleeve Pumas jersey. It sure is hard to find long sleeve Mexican League jerseys. Maybe because it isnt -20 degrees there :D There I go again about the weather.

5. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Would somebody care to tell me what the hell Bernal thought he was doing on that corner kick when Sabah scored? Valarde was left in the net to play keeper while Bernal jumped out into the mob and allowed himself to be knocked to the ground by Huiqui.

Brilliant!

6. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    I´m glad that I didn´t go to this game. Maybe Palencia should have worried more about scoring than celebrating.

7. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    It was a free kick from down by the corner flag - not the first time we have conceded from there - I do think it was a foul on Bernal, and I also think Velarde was on the post, but drifted off it, which he shouldn't do.

That said, we aint going to win if we don't poke it in, 1st half we dominated, but noone seemed to actually want to try and score - maybe their heads are not right at the moment? Thought scocco coming off was about 10 minutes too early, and Iñniguez absolutely awful, and with that change, putting him on right, Pareja on left, and Gonzalez in the centre, it was all over - as for not wanting to go, there was palpable frustration in the crowd - me mate threw his hat away in disgust at final whistle, so frustrating.....

....asi es la vida...

8. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...man, was i dissapointed on our team sunday...

...only took me the last 20 min of the first half to find out we were not gonna even tie this game...it just seem that it was too hot, cruz azul was all in the back, we were not having any variantes and keept at times trowing excessive crosses so i figured why watch the second half of this mess...i mean pumas was gonna end up tired...

...and that is all...:mad:

9. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    It just wasn't our day. Parejita couldnt keep his cool and kept getting beat by his marker. None of our forwards were on target and whether or not it was a foul on Bernal it doesn't matter. They still got the goal and we didnt. We can't concede, if we do, then we must learn to get back and push for the tie. Disappointing really:mad:

10. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    GOL!!!!!!

Leandro to Castro with a beautiful header. Three Monterrey guys were all over Paco's ass leaving Castro open. Thank you!

(Pumas playing with ten as Pareja was shown the door.)

11. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    Lovely Castro goal, he had a great game, nearly scored earlier with a carbon copy of his goal v Madrid - Pikolin also awesome, kept Zarate in a box, he had no answer for the camel-faced pumas hero.

Parejita's red card an absolute joke, if a ref can seriously believe that is a normal thing to do, I despair for the future of the game.

We controlled every area of the pitch, but still lack ambition in final third... what to do...

12. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Re: C2007 Game 8: PUMAS v that team from monterrey we beat in the final in 04

Sideshow Bob has been playing pretty well. Makes me forget that he used to be a complete joke back in the Espana era.

I wish Castro would have scored that Madridesque goal of his, but I guess it just proves that Jonathan Orozco is better than Iker Casillas :D I kid but it would have been nice

Ay Parejitas gonna miss the game against the cabras :mad:

and Mexicos older, uglier, and poorer version of Mark Cuban has already begun the shit talking

http://www.mediotiempo.com/noticia.php?id_noticia=34564

13. CRUZ AZUL CHICK

CRUZ AZUL CHICK New Member

May 8, 2007
    Pittsburg,TX
    RECENTLY CRUZ AZUL BEAT YOU 1 TO 0 IF I REMEMBER RIGHT SO YO LE DOY LAS PORRAS A CRUZ AZUL CAN'T GO WRONG THERE ARRIBA LA MAQUINA AZUL

14. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    You bump this old thread just for this post? Common newbie girl, that is the game we were talking about. Don't bump old threads especially if you won't add anything.

Also no caps lock.

Also I'm locking this thread.