C2007 Game 4 : Toluca v PUMAS....

Discussion in 'Pumas de UNAM' started by Disco Dale, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    A bogey team for us, they have had by far the best of it in recent times....

Bernal is down to "doubtful", but seems Ailton and Gonzalez still both definitely out... great to see Scocco looking so fit last week, I would want to start with him, and Palencia, probably, maybe with Scocco alongside, Palencia would not keep dropping too deep.

I think Velarde back at left back, and Chiapas in for Ailton, he played better each game so far, lets hope he continues....

Last time we had a bright and enjoyable nil all draw at home... I honestly see another draw on Sunday, and, to be honest, I think I would be happy with that....

2. John Jagou

John Jagou BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 8, 2006
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    A draw in Toluca will be a good result. Ties on the road, win at home, get to the goal of 24+ points.

3. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...what up people...

...i have been in vacation in mexico for a month and two weeks already...yet, i have only seen one pumas game this season and i went to see it live...did not see you disco at the atlas game...

...hope to go to toluca tomorrow, hope to find tickets...

...for what i saw in the first game, we are a bit similar than last season...need some finishers up front...seems like palencia is getting better?...nice to see chiapas back in the line up...

...hope to get a positive result tomorrow...:cool:

4. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    ...no I looked out for your friend at the Atlas game - don't forget we have Santos at CU wednesday night 8.30 ... maybe see you there...

...Bernal, Ailton and Gonzalez definitely out... but I think Palencia is slowly getting back into it, and Scocco's return last week could not really have been much better.. so thats all good news.....

...I can't make Toluca, am very annoyed by it, but there it is.... anyway, I still think I would be more or less happy with 5 points from the three games this week.... talking of which, I don't think I can make Pachuca next Saturday either... ggrrr.....

5. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Beautiful boot by Paco on a pass from Israel Castro.

Pumas 1-0.

6. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    ...half time...
    ...yes, lovely goal... and now with them down to 10 we should be able to expect to win this....

..however, we do need to keep our cool, this ref will card anything....
    ....we also need to take more control in the middle, and hold onto the ball .....

...maybe see scocco off at half time.....

7. foleyts

foleyts New Member

Oct 28, 2006
    NY from WA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was an awesome goal. Hopefully we can get at least one more.

8. DCDireWolf

DCDireWolf Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Toluca has dominated possession and got hosed on that second yellow caution. The PUMAS goal was a good one, but the refs handed this game to them.

9. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    I wouldn't say that... he's given very poor decisions both ways... I am not at all convinced that this won't be the only red card we see today....

10. bc pangie

bc pangie New Member

Feb 4, 2007
    There almost has to be another red card with the calls he's making. That was a pretty nice goal. Pumas should be able to hold on to the three points, and probably knock in another goal, but we'll see...

11. DCDireWolf

DCDireWolf Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I stand corrected, what a beautiful header on the corner kick.

12. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Pumas regain the lead thanks to Ariel López, 2-1.

13. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Great moves by Vicente Sánchez to tie it up, 2-2.

14. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    ....2-2 ft...
    ...reasonably happy with the result, but very disappointed with the performance.... once again simply unable to make the extra man count...

...unable to hold onto the ball...unable to control the game....in 2nd half we didnt seem to play until last 5....

...too many players shaken too easily off the ball....too often the pass made too late... and too often the pass failing to find its man....

...both goals very annoying....1st was a very badly defended corner... second Velarde lost the ball weakly... and left pareja to try and defend it.... in a way it is good we kept pushing forward... but i was worried we would lose it.....

...still, I would have taken a point there away...

15. Viva RoCkism!

Viva RoCkism! Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Mexico City
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Man that lanky Goalkeeper blows

16. lil_chico

lil_chico New Member

Oct 6, 2006
    MATAMOROS
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    the palencia goal, intentional or not? (beautiful by the way,)

17. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    does it matter?

Unfortunately though I wasnt able to watch the game. Apparently it was a very good one at that. Saw the highlights and it looked good. What I'm wonder though is if Toluca started bunkering after Viades got sent off

18. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    I would have to say he was attempting to control it, but got it all wrong.... but there are worse ways of being wrong.....

19. John Jagou

John Jagou BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 8, 2006
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Sometimes when I am playing golf, I hit an awful shot that ends up 2 feet from the pin. I don't complain, I remember...it's not the action, it's the result.

20. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Normally a great result but today it was a bad one. And everyone just saying how UNAM had the game and let it go, up 1 guy and playing better and just let them have the ball. That header by Da Silva was pathetic. Just sorrounded by UNAM players and he heads it in alone.

Well whatever at least we been playing better and the big big big game is coming up on wednesday against Santos. Hopefully we play this game like the final that it is as it is key for the decenso. This may be the biggest game all season and I hope the team is ready for it. Unfortunately once again, I can´t make it to the stadium for this one. Whatever, if they win, is all worth it.

21. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    Yeah, damnit I cannot go to the Santos match either, but have high jopes of making Pachuca..

For those of you who did not see it, I think it is still not on youtube, so here is how Record have documented Palencias goal, along with the front page headline - "Paco, your goal was.... FANTASTIC":-

[​IMG][​IMG]

22. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...all i have to say is that we let 2 xtra points go...sucks...our defense was not all good this time...:mad:

23. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Is this a home match? Either way though, we have to win. Especially against one of the teams were fighting to get away from the relegation zone. However, like I said before, and I'll say it again: Santos wont amount to shit. At least for now. Theyre still going through that transitional phase and can't seem to get it right despite all that star power. Hopefully we can take advantage and snatch the 3 points.

24. M Lo

M Lo Member

Sep 11, 2006
    Sydney
  25. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    Thanks very much for the goal, its a shame, Colima24 seems to have stopped posting, he used to stick up the highlights from every game in the league, which must have been a big job, to be fair...

Yes, Santos at home Wednesday night 8.30. Can't make it..... very annoyed....