C2007 Game 2: Veracruz v PUMAS...

Discussion in 'Pumas de UNAM' started by Disco Dale, Jan 25, 2007.

1. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    my trip to Veracruz this weekend has been put in difficulty as I have to work this Saturday, about which I am a little bit frustrated ... :mad: :mad: ....as you can imagine. I might still just be able to make the game, I will let you know..... especially as the wife is away, and the flesh-pots and strip clubs of Veracruz a beckon......

So the current thinking is that Nacho Scocco and Ariel Gonzalez both out, but Ailton in. I guess we will see Paco Palencia and CHupa Lopez starting, but as riverplate pointed out elsewhere, I have my wish of seeing the young Pedro Solis being called to the senior team - if those two are still out, I am sure he will get a few minutes.... good to see....

Heres a video from last season of Pumas Morelia, losing 3-4 at home. Gaston wears 44, Solis (40) sets up his goal, and Barrera (who came on v Tecos and Monarcas for the full team in Apertura 2006) scores a nice goal wearing 18.
    [​IMG]

Tight encounter, 2-1 for us :)eek: theres me sticking me neck out.)

2. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    Whoops, Pumas Morelos, of course....

3. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    Friday am:- Ailton now put at 80% chance of playing....

4. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Anything on Scocco?

5. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    Last thing I could find is that both Ariel Gonzalez and Scocco are certain to miss this game.... so I guess it will be the Paco & Chupa Show Part II - lets hope they have remembered how to finish.....

6. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    Got back from Veracruz in the wee small hours, so here are some quick first thoughts:-

Odd bench - Chupa didn't even make the bench, and was apparently furious. Good to see Solis having a good fair crack with his outing, but he did look like a man making a step up, a little out of his depth. Also looked slower than I had hoped. Paco looking more the real deal.

It seemed to me that just as we were much more in control of the game, they scored twice.... their best period early doors (incidently, thats not the same version of Victorino we had clumping around CU for 6 months...) OK Bernal, I ought to be generous, but what the f*ck.... didn't quite understand the last sub, and with Paco playing deep we looked like we had no one up front at times.....

I am, you can understand, a bit pissed off by it all.....

Crowd:- papers making a lot of it, but once again you could see a very mild situation being escalated by poor policing, the marines in particular clearly clueless about how to diffuse rather than ignite a potential problem. I have more to say on this, if anyone is interested (be warned - I will go on and on and on...

Will post more on the match, once my thoughts are in order.....

7. John Jagou

John Jagou BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 8, 2006
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    That Bernal play was unfortunate. It looked like he got caught deciding how to stop the shot, and made a mess of it. I cannot fault anyone for that last goal, it was a perfect cross to a guy who was in the right place....

Leandro really had trouble yesterday. His passes were not as crisp, his ball control was inconsistent. He should definitely forget it and move on, as we all should.