C2007 Game 12: Atlante v UNAM

Discussion in 'Pumas de UNAM' started by Disco Dale, Mar 24, 2007.

1. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    Deeply disappointed, I cannot go...

Obviously Palencia, Castro and Veron on International duty, and Chupa and Bernal still out, Ailton set to play, but probably as sub.

Guess we will see:-
    --------------------------RoRo----------------
    --Espinosa----Moreno-----Pikolin------Velarde--
    --Pareja------Sancho-----Leandro----Chiapas-- (maybe Ailton)
    ----------Gonzalez--------------Scocco-------

Was hoping to see that duo up front, will be interesting to see how it looks.

Confident of a win here - we need it, if we want to ge tinto the liguilla

2. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    hope to come victorious tonite disco...will see the second half and hope the duo ailton-pareja come up big for us on the wings...obviously if ailton starts but i dont expect too much from him if he plays since he is returning from an injury...:cool:

hot in mexico, like 90 today and cant wait for semana santa to begin:)

3. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Palacios and Alex Diego out there instead of Moreno and Pikolin.

4. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA

hows the game going so far riverplate?...is our team under attack or attacking?...is ailton even in the bench?...does it look like is gonna be a draw or what?...:confused:

5. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    We should be ahead. Ariel Gonzalez had a goal taken from him by Daniel Alcántar. Alcántar got a foot on the ball right in front of the net and managed to clear it a second before Gonzalez would have put it in. A lot of the action has been in front of Atlante's' net. We have to finish.

6. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...thanks for the update dude...we sure have to finish our scoring chances...hope to have better luck on the second...

...heading up to see the second right now...

...i am out...:cool:

7. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Pareja puts Pumas on top right at the start of the second half with a header from a rebound off Vilar, who had just stopped Scocco.

8. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Pumas down to 10 men as Ariel Gonzalez is handed two quick yellows for being sluggish about leaving the field for a sub.

9. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Leandero blows a penalty by shooting wide!

10. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Atlante ties it on an Adalberto Robles header.

11. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    1-1 final. Two f***ing points blown tonight.

12. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    I thought it was a bright and enjoyable game, but once again we lose 2 points, by a combination of bad subs by Tuca and bad refereering...

Sancho had a great game overall, including a fine long shot first half well saved. Was very pleased with both Espinosa and Diego. Pareja did some good work, as did Scocco.

Gonzalez showed us, especially with the goal, buit also elswhere, what he gives us, but Paco doesn't.

Íñiguez for Alex Diego was weird. I was surprised to see Diego in covering Veron, but he was very good there. The change confused our shape a lot, and we lost our way for a long tme after.

At 1-0 and crusing, taking Scocco ang Gonzalez off may have seemed a good idea, but I wasn't 100% convinced about taking them both off. Delgadillo had had an excellent game overall, but, like many a Mexican ref, he got a bee in his bonnet. It was timewasting, RoRo had been booked for it not long after we had scored - that was not a good decision.

When the Gonzalez sub was declared, he got booked straight away for timewasting! he then walked off (not running, but no that slowly either - we were still well on top), he was given a second yellow. Not just bad refereeing, but stupid as well, as it led to longer delays.

When a clear goal-bound shot was handled in the area (no card at all!!) Our penalty taker had been taken off, and leandro skimmed the post.

Another couple of great oppotunities were wasted by Íñiguez, before Robles scored a well taken equaliser.

So, all in all, one stupid decision, and some stupid substitions lost us the win.

I am a little annoyed by it all.....

13. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Okay, a little video file here for those who may have missed some of the game...

First, Parejita's goal. Next, the controversial red carding of Ariel Gonzalez. Finally, at the end of the game, an angry Ricardo Ferretti charging out onto the field.

[youtube]lcsNi3NP0mA[/youtube]

14. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Didn't get to watch the game :mad: and like most of you i was expecting the 3 points.

My random comments on what I saw:

Liguilla aspirations? not if we keep playing like this. Its been a consistent problem for us, not being able to finish. And this has been going on since when? 04 after Kikin left? Sounds about right. And we have gone through a lot of strikers and none have really produced results: Marioni, Cardetti, Reinaldo, de Nigris, Victorino, etc. Scocco has looked good but hes not very consistent. Chupa is also decent but wont solve our problem. Paco hasn't really impressed either:mad:

14 second gol for Pareja, very nice

Ariel's double yellow is a reflection of how bad the reffing is in our league

I'm pretty sure Atlante doesnt have any internationals on their team, did that have any effect on us?

15. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    Tuca was coming on to stop his players getting into bother, Sancho particulalry could have got a red, if he hadn't dragged him away.

Glad its you saying that, not me... shocking and appalling, and just bad refereering, which is a shame, cos I thought the ref had been pretty good throughout... but once again we can see a bad decision clearly having an affect on the result...

although we should have bagged more, but we shouldn't be too harsh on Leandro, he doesn't take penalties, does he? I think all of Tuca's changes were ill-thought out, and each one made us look worse....

16. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    This will be the game we will look back on if we blow the season (which really looks likely).

17. John Jagou

John Jagou BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 8, 2006
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    I turned it on just in time to watch the last 5 minutes. So I willingly take the blame for everything that happened.

Pumas only needs 3 points from the last 5 games to avoid relegation, and I think it is safe to say 8-10 points will earn at least a repechaje birth.

18. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    Not sure this is the ONE which blew it - look at Necaxa, Queretaro as well before this - just throwing away "easy" win games....

19. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    They may have been easy but we lost the win here in the 92 minute after blowing a PK and a wide open goal. I stand by my statement.

20. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    ... put like that .... hard to argue with! - yeah, it was a great opportunity to get back to winning ways, and blew it.... i guess you are right ....

21. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Member

Jun 29, 2006
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Who shoots the PK's usually because I don't remember Leadro kicking the PK's before?

22. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Tuca being smart, nuff said.

Feel free to criticize. That call alone fucked us over as you already said, and unfortunately its been happening all over our league.

I gotta agree with Rafa. If Paco had been present he would have probably taken the PK. Was Scocco on the field?

23. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    I don't think we have seen a regular one for a while at Pumas, mainly because we have not had regular starting strikers for a while.

I feel sure that Scocco would have taken it, if he'd been on the pitch, but he'd been subbed (that was a mistake - I thought so at the time), he smashes them high and hard - failing Scocco, Chupa seems next in line - the problem was we didn't have a recognised penalty taker on the pitch - so credit Leandro for standing up to take it.

I think the last time Leandro took one was the one he missed v Boca in the final of the CopaSudamericana, December 2005.

But who should have taken it? those on pitch at time were:-
    RoRo, Velarde, Pikolin, Espinosa, Jehu, Sancho, Leandro, Pareja, Íñiguez, Barrera.
    So, what about the skipper stepping up?, or maybe Pareja - as I say, none of them are regular penalty takers? (unless Barrera does it for Pumas Morelos?) Do we know if there is a fixed rotation?

Anyway, the boy Leandro is not alone, of the 7 penalties awarded this season in the Azteca, 6 have not been converted....

24. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Although he hasn't taken any with UNAM, I would think Palencia would probably be the PK taker.

25. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    I'd rather see Scocco, to be honest. The way Paco is playing at the moment, he would probably hit a back-pass from a penalty.....