C-League 2005

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by greenlion, Jan 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shinpath

shinpath Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Shanghai, PR China
    Club:
    --other--
    I'll be at Shanghai Shenhua-Liaoning tomorrow,
    anybody else? What's a good section to sit in at Hongkou?

2. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Re: Checking out a game in Shanghai

Shinpath, are you going to be in town for the derby? Want to get together for that? I really wanted to go to the Shenhua-Liaoning game on Sunday, except my flight gets in around 9 pm, so can't make it...

Forza, the Coke thing is the same in Beijing (and I think everywhere else in the CSL), its absolutely terrible...They don't seem to have any ice makers and if they do, the fountain they use is warm and so they just melt quickly.

WuLiHe was a disaster though, the bathroom was a tiny space, with people squeezing in on both sides and NO LIGHT! The knowing ones just avoided the bathroom and did their thing in corners on the concourse...It was bad!

3. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Aim for the 50 yuan seats just left or right of the directors'/press box. The first rows of section 2 closest to the 50-yard line, I think. Good bang for the buck because you get a clear view of the entire pitch. The majority of hardcore Shenhua supporters should be on your left.

I wonder what they will do after the Shanghai Derby because against Beijing they stayed 30 minutes after the match screaming "Guo'an Sha Bi" at nobody. They also tried to wait out the Beijing team bus, but I don't know what happened. Hongkou might have a backdoor exit.

4. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002

Do they sell seats for the Shenhua supporters section? What ground does Zobon play at? Is there any added police element or measures they take to keep the 2 fans apart (ie like in Europe where they'll hold the away fans in the stadium for awhile after a game). Well, the derby is an "away" game for Shenhua so it will be interesting, I'll try to take as many pics as I can...

5. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I remember driving through Shanghai's stadium (the big, new one) and I always thought, much like Hertha's Olympiastadion (seats 78,000) why they would build such a stadium like that. I think we should blame the government, because all they want to do is to build everything BIG...every new building now in China is huge. The stadiums especially, not that many ppl are into C-League (or not enough)

6. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    I think you need to be a member of their fan club to get a seat there.

Zobon plays in Pudong at Yuanshen Sports Centre Stadium. I've never been there.

I don't think the Chinese sports authorities are that sophisticated yet. I've seen bottles being thrown at opposing fans during the match, but after the game people go home. I haven't seen actual fights on the street after matches.

Yeah, it's an awful soccer stadium. It's like a big boat. All the atmosphere and noise floats away into the night's sky.

7. shinpath

shinpath Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Shanghai, PR China
    Club:
    --other--

8. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    No, this is one time where that blame would be misplaced...Think about it, when the stadium was built, there was no "Inter Shanghai." The purpose of the stadium was meant as a large, multipurpose stadium to rival Gongti in Beijing. I can't remember if there was a specific event coming that caused Shanghai to build the stadium or not...Though I don't understand why Inter plays in that stadium instead of playing in the far more intimate Pudong stadium (which I can see from my window now and where I think they used to play)...

9. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    You know I should've thought of that...good point.

Oh btw, does the Guangzhou football side play in the new stadium or the old stadium...I still haven't found the answer to that question.

10. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003

I think if the EPL was played in China most of the fans would still stay inside. The sporting culture is only loyal to success. People often ask me why I like Manchester United, while remarking that they stopped liking them a few years ago. It's quite annoying.

11. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

I guess no one knows about Hertha then... :p ;)

12. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003

Not unless they sign a Chinese player. Do you know why they didn't get Zheng Zhi?

13. shenhua

shenhua New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Parramatta
    They built it for the 1997 National Games. I saw this thing go up in 95, 96 period.

14. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

1) Hertha didn't think he was good enough
    2) Not a striker...we have 2 attacking mfs in Marcelinho and Basteurk who are (sorry) light years ahead of him
    3) Best defense...don't need another defender (I think he's a defender/attacking mf correct?)

If Zheng Zhi was a striker, we would sign him in a heartbeat.

15. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000

Guys, see why I said all along that Zheng Zhi is just a mediocre player? :)

He's just a jack-of-all-trades, nothing-special type of player.

16. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003

He may be mediocre. But he's not the Phil Neville of China. He's not the national team's utility player. He's a lot more important to the team.

17. drdanny

drdanny New Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I don't live in Guangzhou, but I'll try to answer anyway. :)
    The only Guangzhou team I know is Rizhiquan, who play in (or played in last year when I visited) Yuexiushan Stadium, which is not the new one (Guangdong Stadium built 2001) nor is it the older large stadium (Tianhe built 1987).

It is not a very large stadium, and it seems quite old, as it is (was) falling apart in places last year.

I refer you to http://www.worldstadiums.com/asia/countries/china.shtml or http://www.fussballtempel.net/afc/CHN.html

18. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    that new stadium~ Olympic sports center I think, is very beautiful and the famouse 7-0 was happend there~

there is also another stadium in guangzhou- Peoples' Stadium~ in the middle of 1990's,another Jia-A club guangdong Hongyuan was playing there.

In fact Guangzhou have more than 10 stadiums I think, but these five stadiums are most famouse.

Soon they will built a new stadium in guangzhou, that's for 2010 Asian Games, the capacity will be 100,000! just like th National Stadium in Beijing which is now being built for 2008 Olympic games

19. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    WHY???? They already have the 70,000+ stadium? Honestly sometimes I don't know what the Chinese governmenet does, they build bigger and bigger, but sometimes good enough is good enough and that's that! At least they are building a new airport in Guangzhou, the airport there is by FARRRR the worst airport I've ever been (and I've also been to the Hangzhou and Krakow, Poland airports too!)

20. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

I'll agree...Neville is better but Zheng Zhi doesn't play for England.

But still, I don't understand why we didn't sign him. He would go on a free transfer (I think) and his wages would have been fairly low. I would love to have such a player on the bench at least or come in when someone was injured. And it happened when Basturk got injured, we started to suffer a bit.

21. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

and for Zheng Zhi~ he still have chances to win the ACL's MVP this season~ as he is now leading in the players Stat, and scoring the most goals

22. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    That is because~ the Olympic stadium was built for 2001 National Games~ as Guangzhou is going to hold 2010 Asian Games~ so that they decides to built a new stadium. but it's true~ I myself believes that is a Waste of money~ the Asian Games is just like a big Show of Chinese athletes~ we could easily win 2/3 of the golds~ that's meaningless for Guangzhou to hold such a stupid sports meeting, Say nothing of build a new stadium for it

23. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Well I like the improvements they are doing around Guangzhou...I remember they're putting a sub line to Panyu where my mom is from and where I probably would've been born if my mom hadn't moved to America. But gosh, another stadium? They've got so many problems (environment duh??) that they don't need to appease the masses anymore.

24. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire
    Whoa! totally missed this one...
    Closed, you can continue your discussions here