C-League 2005

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by greenlion, Jan 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Well, Lang Fang is a Small city, lies between Beijing and Tianjin, A very beautiful town

2. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    hey greenlion, I think Shanghai Shenhua and Shandong Luneng drew the game, and I remember you said Shandong would most likely beat Shenhua, any chance of thoughts?

don't tell me you are going to say Zheng Zhi wasn't in the lineup. After all, it was Shandong's home game. ha ha ha

gooooooooooooo shenhua

3. Canadian_Supporter

Staff Member

Dec 20, 1999
    Prostějov, CR
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Is Tony Menezes still with Nanjing in the 2nd division? If anyone follows the second division... :)

4. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    I felt so frustrated after the draw. Shenhua could have took all three points. The missed chances and lax defending was appalling.

5. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Is it Nanjing Yoyo? According to sinosoc he's not there anymore.

6. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    So are there any Shenhua(r) fans in Shanghai on here? I intend on making the game against Liaoning on the 21st and am potentially (its very tempting!) going to remain/come to Shanghai for the derby match on the 27th...

Will the derby tickets be hard to come by? Further, has anyone been to a game in Tianjin? How easy is it to get tix there?

7. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I don't follw the Chinese league, I'm still trying to find a team. I feel a bit ashamed that I know more about Korean or Japanese soccer than Chinese soccer, but then again, their leagues are more interesting and less corrupt. Iono if Dalian is the team I should follow (I'm a Cantonese, and rooting for someone in the North should betray my beliefs).

But this guy from Bosnia...he plays for Beijing Hyundai, Branko Jelic?, looks impressive...14 goals. How well do the non-Chinese players fair, there are a fair amount of South Americans and Eastern Europeans. What happened to Ermin Siljak, I thought he was still playing with Dalian.

8. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002

9. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    To Know more about C-League especially CSL~ You May take a look at this thread:
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=129294

10. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Tony Menezes??

Man, he was a great player. I had watched him played for the Canadian national team. Man, what a solid defender. Good pace, always cool and calm, and never out of position. I thought it was a waste for him to play in Brazil. He could have easily done well in Europe.

11. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    I would never have imagined a small city that lies between two giant cities can be "a very beautiful town".

12. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Thanks for the info. It is hard covering C-League, basically, I cover too many foreign leagues myself to give a real bother about hte C-League. I'm just disappointed the Guangzhou has no team in the upper-echelon of Chinese football, they were kinda like Hertha in the mid-90s, big city with small team.

Oh yea, still don't know what happened to Siljak. He was a brilliant player for Dalian wasn't he?

13. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Hey~ Guangzhou Has good chances to win a place in 2006 CSL this season!they leveled qith Changchun in points after round 16~, still have 10 rounds to go~

1 Xiamen 16 13 2 1 33 11 22 41
    2 Changchun 16 10 4 2 42 15 27 34
    -----------------------------------
    3 Guangzhou 16 10 4 2 28 8 20 34

14. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Ha! Thats good news...which stadium do they play in, the new stadium or that old rickety stadium that I saw them play in 2 years ago when I was in China?

15. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Definitely come to the derby match. Hostilities between the rival fans are rampant, as seen during the Shanghai United match where fights occurred in the stands. I'm sure there will be tickets available from scalpers, but you should get the tickets beforehand if you want to know where you're seating.

16. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Now I'm tempted to make a trip just for this.

17. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Do it! Do it! hehe, are you in China now? If so, I'll pm you my cell number...

18. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Unfortunately I'm still stuck in the NYC. Poor me. :)

But I have this feeling we'll meet each other one of these days. Hopefully we'd be cheering for the same team.

Are you in China already? Got ticket for this game yet?

19. shinpath

shinpath Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Shanghai, PR China
    Club:
    --other--
    Checking out a game in Shanghai

I went out to Shanghai Stadium last Saturday to see a C-League match' Inter Shanghai vs. Dalian Shide. 5000 out of 80,000 seats filled, but a loud Inter supporters group tried to make up for it with noise and blue smoke. No beer. Repeat, no beer. With both teams rusty after a 2 week layoff for East Asia Championship Inter got an early fluke goal when a hand ball was called on a direct kick and they scored on the resulting PK. Dalian hardly looked like a 1st place team through most of the game, but in the 10 minutes that they did they forced Inter into stupid giveaways and scored the necessary two goals for a 2-1 comeback. Towards the end the Inter supporters threw PET bottles onto the pitch to show their displeasure, but as I had low expectations I was suitably entertained for 30 RMB. I still have to decide what Shanghai team to support. BTW I'm an American who lives in Japan with a Shanghai wife (who hates footie), so we come here a lot.

Well, at least Kuwait are not going to the WC...

20. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Re: Checking out a game in Shanghai

Ahh yes, sounds like a usual CSL fixture...The stadiums are just way too large for the size of crowd they attract, but they typically have decent crowds, except Inter which has no real fans of its own (just a dig at them)...

And what is a CSL game without the warm Coke or Pepsi (whoever's doing the sponsoring this year) and a bag of gua zi? Of the grounds I've been to, Hongkou has the best food options, but nothing beats the location of Gongti, with Sanlitun right down the street, no need for beer in the stadium...The worst ground in the country (that I've visited at least) has got to be Wu Li He, an absolute dump...

21. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Haha, unless its the China MNT, I doubt we could support the same team being that we're on opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to CSL and MLS...

I leave Saturday, no tickets yet, but being that its at Shanghai Stadium, I doubt its going to be a problem...

22. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003

Shanghai Stadium is too big to create a good atmosphere. Hongkou is much better. Support SHENHUA!

Remember to go for the derby on Saturday the 27th. From when to when are you staying in Shanghai?

23. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002

Just briefly in Shanghai, I get in on the 21st and maybe head off to Hangzhou to chill for a day or two and then back to Shanghai. I was going to leave after the derby on the 27th, but I just checked and Zobon has a game on the 28th, so maybe I'll stay the extra day, depends on where I end up staying (ie hotel costs)...

24. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000

Well, I can tell you that Shenzhen Stadium is not much better than Wu Li He. The so-called VIP seats were just seats in air-conditioned rooms. No TV, no service, no nothing. You can't even hear the crowd cheering and the atmosphere. The worst is the so-called consession stands. There is not much to buy (packaged buns and Coke are all they sell!! Not even bottled water for christ's sake...). The Coke is not only warm, but they must have added tons of water (perhaps water from the toilet near-by!!!). Absolutely atrocious "stadium"!!!!!

After this experience I'd rather watch CSL games in the comfort of my home...

25. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

Wow~ too bad! no strange they could only got no more than 2000 attendance~