C-Bus Roadtrip Thread: 14 September

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by JacksonJazz#9, Jul 17, 2002.

1. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Road tripping 9-14-02?

Ive posted before but BS went down and lost any and all replys....

is there a group planning to road trip to C-bus for the final crew game?

what hotels have anyone stayed at that were decent? and importantly, what pubs were welcoming to soccer fans...

any and all info would be appreciated!!!!

2. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
    i dont know about pubs, but there is a liquor store just outside the stadium that sells 40's of old english for less thatn $2.00.

3. YanksFC

YanksFC Member

Feb 3, 2000
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Not only does the store sell 40's of Olde English -- you have to buy them from a clerk who stands behind bullet-proof glass.

4. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thanks for the input

seriously... have any barn burners traveled to CCS and stayed overnite? any particular hotel you all invade?

5. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: thanks for the input

Yeah, I stayed at the Candlewood in Gahanna (Columbus Airport). If you've been to a Candlewood, you know what to expect, which is the main reason that I use them.

There's a Day's Inn near the stadium too.

6. Got $60 a night for two nights at the Hyatt Capital Center through Priceline again. You can watch the second TV while sitting on the pot. Hey, Trey thought it was a hoot and if it works for a three year old . . .

7. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    stay at the Days Inn if you want to be within 1/2 mile of the stadium.

I always use priceline.com and select the Worthington area...that'll put you a few miles north of the stadium either off I-71 or off I-270, plenty of restaurants and such out there.

8. usa1950

usa1950 Member

Aug 18, 2000
    Indiana USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For the USA-Costa Rica Qualifier in Fall of 2000, I satyed north of the stadium about 10 minutes. There are 5+ hotels there, tons of restaurants, etc. I was with the wife and kids, so a decent hotel with a pool was a must. Sorry I don't remember the road, but it was an exit off I-71 North. It had a goofy name. "Something" Industrial Park Road or something like that, but it was far from industrious. A good place if you want to be away from the stadium, but not too far.

9. swittler

swittler Member

Jun 28, 2002
    Columbus
    just a suggestion: OSU has a home game that weekend so if you plan on staying the night you should start searching now.

10. heybeerman

heybeerman Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Chicago Burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Re: thanks for the input

In March, I used Priceline and got a huge room in a deserted hotel downtown. Paid about $60. I forget the hotel name.

11. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    what's the time difference on that game?

i figure that will hurt attendance at the crew game

12. Chris_Bailey

Chris_Bailey Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    You'd be surprised.

I think the only crossover fans we'd be missing would be some of the college students...

13. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    i figured there would be quite a few folk that would stay home to watch it on tv as well

14. Paul D

Paul D New Member

Aug 6, 2000
    lower wacker drive
    The Barn Burners will have a block of room reserved at the Days Inn by the stadium and at the Days Inn north of the stadium. Check the BB website for details: www.barnburners.com
    We will also be selling tickets at the group discount price. Last road trip, the Ultras & BBers sold more than 200 tickets for "our" section in C-bus.
    We usually get a great turnout for C-bus. So good, it is our home away from home. "you couldn't sell all your tickets, sell all your tickets, sell all your tickets..."

Cheers,

Paul

15. feuerfex

feuerfex Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Will the BB website have anything newer than last April on it in sufficient time for folks to respond?

16. feuerfex

feuerfex Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Well, anything new?

The BarnBurner site has no new info.

Anybody?

17. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    so pm and email 'em

18. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    We are making the C-bus trip as well. It's official now. My Cousins are starting college this year, one at Purdue the other at Miami of Ohio so I am tying campus visits into the trip (a good sell to the wife, almost as good as Sea World, San Antonio last week). Count us in for 4 and a half. If someone wants to give me ticket info I would be happy to buy from you.
    We were at that Costa Rica friendly two years ago also. We stayed at a Holiday in off of the highway. Was about 70 bucks but it had the nice indoor pool, games etc for the kids. Took about 15 minutes to drive to the stadium from there.

19. modernpiracy

modernpiracy New Member

Jun 8, 2002
    chicago
    i just wanted to say that the last c-bus game was really fun. i didn't sleep the night before and was totally whacked out. that and gallons of cheap beer. oh yeah and stopping to get fireworks. if i can top last time i'll be the happiest man in the world.

20. usa1950

usa1950 Member

Aug 18, 2000
    Indiana USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was a blast. The Gestapo was there as well!

I hope the Crew has another idiot in a suit there to pick up the streamers and toilet paper thrownontot he pitch. And glare up at us, shake a finger....... only to have a few dozen more streamers raining down on his gigantic melon!!!!

I'll be there, hopefully with YanksFC, and some idiot Crew fans from Indy who will be at the other end. We're actually friends with said idiot Crew fans.... But our soccer team is better than theirs, so we're superior in every other way as well.

21. dealsgonebad

dealsgonebad New Member

Apr 29, 2002
    Chicago
    I'm in baby! Shoot the heads up when the Barn Burners tickets become available.

22. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm goin' hoping to need a couple extra tix, so I'm not ready to commit to numbers yet

23. dustbin

dustbin Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Marengo, IL
    What's up with the BB Website?

I was looking for updates about this road trip on the BB website and the pages are from like two years ago! Anybody have any word on tickets?

24. WarrenWallace

WarrenWallace Member

Mar 12, 1999
    Beer and Cheese
    I'll go as long as I don't have to take my own car. I will however pitch in for someone else to drive.

Where do we find out about tix?

25. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    If my wife decides not to go (and thus my 2 year old daughter) I will have room for at least 2 or 3 if we put the middle seat in. Warning. I am stopping at Purdue on the way there and Miami of Ohio on the way back for at least an hour to visit my cousins.