C(ass)ano - Buy or Sell?

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by bobarino, Oct 22, 2004.

1. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003

woah, tap the brake just a bit mate.. ZIDANE???? the guy is a cristy ronaldo who can actually put it in the net... he is a decent player but hardly bosses a midfield a la zidane.. he's a step above the guy who psv bought to replace him... i'm not impressed yet..

2. Shawshank

Shawshank New Member

Oct 25, 2004
    No, last thing Roma needs is another young good talent going. We can't just keep losing key players

3. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
    I don't know what has happened with Cassano. Post-Euro he has been in general a complete idiot. Walking out on practices, arguing with coaches, etc. I don't think anyone really knows what is at the root of the problem. Either way, he is not really needed at Roma and he is just an expensive liability.

I think there is the possibility that he will shape up. There is also the very likely chance that he will fall flat on his face at Roma or anywhere else. Either way I tend not to get on the Cassano hate bandwagon because I'm looking at the bigger picture. Love or Hate his attitude he was the only striker at Euro who was putting goals in. The national team needs his kind of talent in the front ranks. My wish is that he would settle the ******** down somewhere and shut up. As I said, he is a hothead and it's becoming seemingly questionable for that to happen.

Roma should be happy when they ditch Cassano anyway. Montella is in great form and with Totti, Cassano isn't even necessary. The money from selling Cassano will only help the club. Think of the midfield players you could get with that money. All in all, kick him in the ass send him on his way, and pick up someone better.

Not to mention the C(ass)ano bit is really immature and stupid. It's almost as bad as when I have to see those stupid anti-yankee hats around. I understand there is no love for Cassano here, but with childish behaviour your not achieving much.

4. bobarino

bobarino New Member

Feb 11, 2004
    U.S.A.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Thank you for your Milanista point of view. I consider myself properly scolded and reprimanded from such a superior member of the BigSoccer Oversight Committee. Give me a maturity break.:rolleyes:

5. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
    What, you think typing "C(ass)ano" at every possible chance is some stroke of comedic brilliance? I think everyone knows Cassano is a hothead and idiot. I get sick of seeing it and felt obligated to say something. If you have a problem with that, you can drop dead.

Also I think Roma is partially to blame for Cassano's attitude. Totti isn't exactly the behavioural role model. Not to mention look at how De Rossi is turning out. I hope he stays with your club as long as possible. :p

6. bobarino

bobarino New Member

Feb 11, 2004
    U.S.A.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Got to love New Yorkers. It's their way or the highway. LOL!!!!

Hell, I wan't even trying to be funny, but I do appreciate you providing us all with some comic relief.

7. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
    This isn't worth a troll war over so I'll leave this thread and this sub-forum permanently.

8. frostdude1

frostdude1 Member

Aug 2, 2004
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I love Cassano ... I remember used to telling my dad a couple of years ago when he was subsituted into the game "ooo here comes Cassano the happiest little boy on Earth" he was always smiling ;)

But then his head became bigger than his ass and now that I hear he causes alot of distraction in the team ... I want him to leave

and if he leaves now its better for us ... if that real madrid rumour is real then Roma should take that ... first he wont stay in Serie A and cant hurt Roma and second there are like a million Real forwards ready to leave any second for Roma :D

9. romanista13

romanista13 New Member

Nov 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    First of all, in my opinion Cassano and Totti are the two finest players on the Rome squad, there is no way i could see either of them leaving... Totti is not only one of the best players in Italy, but the entire world. Cassano does have some problems with attitude, and maybe a little ego, but he is too good to give away. Cassano would pose too much of a threat if on another serie A team like juventus or Milano, and i dont see him leaving his loyalty to Italy any time soon...