Bye, bye Joaquin

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Butterfingers, Dec 20, 2004.

1. Butterfingers

Butterfingers New Member

Sep 15, 2004
    Canada
    http://www.marca.com/edicion/noticia/0,2458,574114,00.html

It's a shame, really. Joaquin wants to come to Real and yet Perez continually pisses away the chance to sign him. He's already a talented RW and would be a much better asset on the right side than Becks, whose limited dribbling ability is really starting to become a liability. As a replacement/understudy until Figo retires/leaves, he would be perfect.

What is wrong with Perez??

2. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Right now, I wouldn't be too píssed that we wouldn't go after Joaquin, because the price that Chelsea are paying for him is too much for him in today's market, and it wouldn't make much sense for the club to equal or go over that amount.

I'm píssed that we didn't get him sooner though.

If the player can also have a choice in the transfer then we should at least give it a try even with a lower price, because I doubt that Joaquin would choose Chelsea over Madrid. But then Betis would probably not go for that anyway.

3. Lockjaw

Lockjaw BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How can RM make a bid when the Robinho/Mascherano/mystery guest issue is up in the air? Or more likely Perez knows & that is why we are not hearing more about Joaquin.

4. Bigpapa42

Bigpapa42 Member

Dec 15, 2004
    The Wastes of Canada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Well, if Chelsea really is offering up the money thats is being rumored - 40 million Euros - then how could Betis say no? Would Real have offered that big?

5. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Agreed. It is senseless to bid over him for 40 million euros. Joaquin is not 40 million Euros. Despite my criticism of Beckham, he can be a replacement for Figo and I am convinced that Robinho is on his way!!!!

6. Zizou

Zizou New Member

Jan 24, 2004
    Too bad to miss a pure talent like this boy. True we can't pay something like 40mill on him, but why don't we at least fight!

We can try to get a pre-contract then sign him for the next season no less than 20-25 mill. This is good for the two parts (Madrid/Betis). We can make sure the boy will dress the white shirt next season, and Betis will benefit for having him for the rest of the season. He deserve this amount of money, meaby more. Well, sure more. No single damn doubt about his abilities and skills, he is the best to replace Figo.

Couple hours ago I was watching Betis-Atletico game. Damn it! I almost cried after his great peformance in thy game especially the first half.

Almost sure that I won't forgive u Perez for letting him silp outta your hands :(

7. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    While I will say its hard to compete with our finances, you lost Joaquin (if, as is looking more and more likely, he comes to Chelsea) because you dithered. He's been saying he wants to play for Madrid for years, and a pre-contract or a sizeable fee you chose to spend on a certain other right winger could have been arranged easily. You just assumed he'd fall into your lap whenever you wanted him, not unlike Xabi and Carvalho. Well, the early bird (admittedly a rich one) does get the worm. We did the same thing with Robben when SAF was too stingy to pay PSV 3M more, even as Robben's father was saying that he'd come to Chelsea "over my dead body".
    Really, I'm surprised you guys never went for him earlier. He could have been your new Gento. Ah well.
    I'm under no illusions as to why players come to Chelsea now - money and the chance to win. But hey - we all have to start somewhere. DiStefano didn't exactly choose Real for its long history as Spanish quasi-underachievers, did he now? ;)

8. hawk_claw

hawk_claw New Member

Aug 14, 2003
    Wisconsin
    i agree joaquin is a great player....but Beckham hasnt played on the right fer madrid long enough for all ofus to say he can't replace Figo........im sure thrs a reason perez wont buy him....hopefully thr is a brilliant little person stuck in his thick head some where

9. Zizou

Zizou New Member

Jan 24, 2004
  10. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Or maybe we were waiting for Figo to come closer to leaving the club, because it wouldn't make much sense to spend big (which would have been needed even then, just not this big) on a player who would mostly be warming the bench at the time.

It wasn't just Robben's father who said he wouldn't want to go to Chelsea instead of Manchester United. ;)