Bwin LIGA - Jornada 10: SC Braga Vs SL Benfica 2006-11-19 [R]

Discussion in 'SL Benfica' started by TO DEVILS, Nov 5, 2006.

1. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    [​IMG]VS. [​IMG]

Date: 2006-11-19
    City:Braga
    Stadium:Municipal de Braga

Last Matches Between These Teams:

SL Sp. Braga 3-2 Benfica Liga betandwin.com 2005/2006
    SL Sp. Braga 0-0 Benfica SuperLiga 2004/2005
    PE Sp. Braga 1-1 Benfica Pré-Época 2004/05
    SL Sp. Braga 0-3 Benfica SuperLiga 2003/2004
    SL Sp. Braga 1-3 Benfica SuperLiga 2002/2003
    SL Sp. Braga 0-1 Benfica Liga Portuguesa 2001/02
    SL Sp. Braga 3-1 Benfica Liga Portuguesa 2000/01
    SL Sp. Braga 3-2 Benfica Liga Portuguesa 1999/00
    SL Sp. Braga 2-1 Benfica Liga Portuguesa 1998/99
    SL Sp. Braga 1-1 Benfica Liga Portuguesa 1997/98​

2. Zezinho

Zezinho New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Mississauga, ON
    ;) Of course Benfica will meet the good Braga team. ;)

3. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
  4. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    Was there a sumarissimo when Quaresma kicked Liedson a couple weeks ago (not that rat face didn't deserve it, but you know)?

5. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    What team does Quaresma play for? Enough said....

6. Ricardo76

Ricardo76 New Member

Sep 18, 2004
    Lisboa
  7. Zezinho

Zezinho New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Mississauga, ON
    Hmm, I wonder who'll miss the game on Dec 3rd.:rolleyes:

8. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    BWin.com should have the odds on these kind of things. :D

9. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    My usual confidence vs SLB at home has taken a huge hit what with all the injuries and the coaching turmoil.

Hopefully we can catch a break and perhaps JVP will actually play...and actually score :eek:

10. bdon

bdon New Member

Aug 16, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    i just had five of those in to devils name :D *so full*

11. ferreirajl

ferreirajl New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Wtf... what other team has been screwed by sumarissimos more than Porto? :eek:

12. Brian De Sousa

Brian De Sousa Red Card

Aug 10, 2004
    New Bedford, MA
    It looks like Luisao may miss this match with a knee injury. It could be bad news with the way Anderson was playing at the beginning of the season. But, we'll see how he does as I think he's more than capable of coming off the bench than what Benfica had in the past (Amoreirinha, Argel).

Luisão é dúvida para Braga

13. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  14. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    Marcel was quoted saying that the new coach isn't counting on him, and he was interested in switching clubs to Gremio of Brazil. The club suspended him for that reason, nothing to do with Benfica.

15. Brian De Sousa

Brian De Sousa Red Card

Aug 10, 2004
    New Bedford, MA
    Damn right. He's a Benfica loaned player. Make him sit on the bench like how they do everytime FC Anderson faces a team who's got one of their loaned out players.

16. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Don't hate the players, hate the game

Braga 3
    Benfica 1

17. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    And I missed it :mad:

18. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    Great game by Braga, considering much of the coaching turmoil, and missing almost half of the starters.
    That first half was impressive a constant pressure, and Benfica never deserved to even tie the game. Two costly mistakes by both keepers, maybe Paulo Santos is looking to exchange teams. :eek:
    The way RR celebrated that lucky tap in, was purely unsportsmanship, and definetely deserved a yellow for the constant cursing.

Braga reacted well, and quickly went ahead in the lead, on a great run with a better finish by Maciel.

Benfica tried to bring in another mid, but that only gave them some ball control in the 1st, and 2 third of the field. They never did much in the final third.

Cessinha was a constant headache for Nelson, and just dominated him all game long. Luis Felipe also with a superb game, never gave Simaozinho much space, and attacked very well. JVP ran miles, and miles, and dominated the mid. Great to see a old man still strut his stuff.

19. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

a couple of things here:

Benfica had 1 shot on goal in the 1st 30 minutes! :eek:

Paulo Santos proved once again he's very shaky and not worthy of a NT call-up

RRocha should have a little more respect fo the team and fans who supported him before going to Benfica

Maciel should have gotten a red-card in the 1st half.

20. kronic160

kronic160 Member

Apr 21, 2005
    Mars
    and why again should quim get the start? benfica's 3rd choice a year is showing us why...

21. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    IMO here the problem seems to come from the top.

First LFV, and this constant pledge of being the greatest ever with the highest number of socios, and he forgets that he needs to build a team first.

Second FS, and his methology of coaching really confuses me.
    Your loosing you have Kikin, and Mantorras on the bench, and you don't use either. :confused:

Third Players, no thrive, and some just really just looking for a better pay day.

22. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Damn I missed the game but saw the highights, Quim looked like a fool in that first goal.

Where are all the Benfiquista's to critique their teams performance?

and then some criticize others for not posting when their teams lose :rolleyes: it's ok 160,000 are paying into the club directly to get hammered by Braga....again.

23. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    Benfica played like crap (particulary in the first half), Braga played better and deserved the win.

A couple notes; Ricardo Rocha has had an ongoing fued with Braga fans since he moved to Benfica, not sure what happened there, but that was why we saw him celebrate the way he did (not saying it was right, and if the league wants to fine him I have no problem with it, but I'm sure the fans, or possibly a Braga claque, aren't innocent either). Also, Kikin wasn't on the bench, he was in the stands, so he wasn't an option.

24. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    What's the deal with FS and Fonseca? I would have thought that Kikin would be one of his first choices at least off the bench. From what he showed in Germany this past summer, he was in form for the Mexican NT but he just hasn't seemed to catch on with Benfica, or at the very least with FS...

25. Ricardo76

Ricardo76 New Member

Sep 18, 2004
    Lisboa
    Benfica made a lousy game, and we have to blame on the players. Its getting obvious that games before/after international games, we loose. No matter if it is Koeman, FS, English, ..... One of the easiest games for Braga!

Quim was bad;
    Nelson was bad;
    Miguelito was ordinary, Luis Filipe and Maciel had an easy game;
    Rocha was rude and that 3rd goal ....;
    Anderson was good;
    Kat, seemed to have 5klg on each boot, even so, he made the effort on the last 15 minutes on the 1st half to change the events;
    Petit hiding from the ball for the 1st half, just running around João Pinto; better second half;
    Simão useless on the center; started to run in the second half (on the left)
    Gomes is still good looking (so I hear) - he was taking care of his hair on the 3rd goal;
    Micolli, he tried.
    Paulo Jorge = willing Carlitos?

in summary,
    thank you Nuno Assis, I bet your dear collegues will run a lot next Teusday while you would last 1 hour tops!