BVB Winter Break Discussion

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by footyfan1, Dec 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guys, I've taken some messages from the "BVB v Bayern Muenchen" thread to start this one.

We are going into winter break discussions and I think it's best to let that BVB v Bayern thread go unless we are discussing that match.

Here's the first one........

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Looking at our schedule (see below), it's entirely possible to win four straight to open the second round.

Wolfsburg just fired their general manager and coach (Strunz & Fach). Maybe they'll bring back Willi Reimann!! LOL!!

Schalke are now without a real coach, though they will probably hire someone over the winter break. I wouldn't be surprised if they bring back Huub Stevens.

Duisburg just hired BVB "Fussballgott" Juergen Kohler as coach, but they won't win at the Westfalenstadion (Yes, I know the other name, but I refuse to use it)

and.......

1. FC Köln (Cologne) have just lost their general manager and fired their coach.

++++++++++++++++++++

18 VfL Wolfsburg 28.01.06 H
    19 FC Schalke 04 04.02.06 A
    20 MSV Duisburg Mi 08.02.06 H
    21 1. FC Köln Sa 11.02.06 A
    22 Werder Bremen 18.02.06 H
    23 Arminia Bielefeld 25.02.06 A
    24 1. FSV Mainz 05 04.03.06 H
    25 VfB Stuttgart 11.03.06 A
    26 1. FC Kaiserslautern 18.03.06 H
    27 Hamburger SV 25.03.06 A
    28 Borussia M'gladbach 01.04.06 A
    29 Bayer Leverkusen 08.04.06 H
    30 Hertha BSC 15.04.06 A
    31 1. FC Nürnberg 22.04.06 H
    32 Hannover 96 Mi 03.05.06 A
    33 Eintracht Frankfurt Sa 06.05.06 H
    34 Bayern München 13.05.06 A

2. gunner_21

gunner_21 New Member

Apr 15, 2002
    Cumberland, Maryland
    As you know I am a "new" supporter of BVB but looking back at the first half of the season I am pleased of the fact that we weren't really "out" of any of the games. Sure we may have played like sh!t and gave away cheap goals late in matches but with the rash of injuries I am pleased to be in the top half of the table. The break couldn't be coming at a better time with the run of 3 straight losses but looking at that schedule I believe it's possible to get 13 points from rounds 18-24. May be too optimistic but I believe we should beat Wolfsburg, Duisburg, Bielefeld and Mainz.

3. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

With all the injuries we've suffered and all the youngsters we've had to play, being in ninth place right now and still within striking distance of UEFA Cup places is freakin' amazing.

However, I think the Dede injury was just one too many. At least he should be back after the winterpause.

But with the injuries, we've found we have potential "all around" players in Kringe and Kruska, we've found we have our future captain in Kehl and we've found another possible future defensive lynchpin in Hunemeier.

We've got Matthew Amoah coming in and possibly Steven Pienaar, which I think would mean a sale of Tomas Rosicky, but this team should come together well without Rosicky.

And we'll probably have another "true" central striker coming in the summer. I think our future is bright.......

4. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The three losses can be blamed right on the injuries. "Jonam" and others on our BVB International Supporters e-mail list can tell you that I'm the last person to make excuses for our team, but as I just said in my last response, that Dede injury was just one too many. That's as Sport Director Michael Zorc said, and the others will tell you that I rarely agree with him, but this time I think he's spot on.

The Bielefeld match will be tough. They always give us fits at their place. We should be able to take the other three at home. Wolfsburg will be fired up to make things right in their season. They will have a new coach and come out ready to fight. They are not as bad as their record indicates.

I also think we are going to beat Scheisse 0-6!!!

I think our standing in the second half of the season will depend on health and whether certain players let their performances go to their heads or not.

We also need to finally see something positive from Buckley and Degen. If not, I know I'll be calling for them to both be one-year BVB players.........

5. gunner_21

gunner_21 New Member

Apr 15, 2002
    Cumberland, Maryland
    If I'm not mistaken Wolfsburg was one of the matches we should've been able to come away with a win? 2-2 on the opening day of the season. Buckley certainly has done NOTHING. Degen, well not too much either, and I know you're not happy at all with him. Yes the injury to Dede was a really big blow in an already porous defence. Hopefully (fingers crossed) there are NO more major injuries in the second half of the season. I think BVB has to be one of the surprises in the Bundesliga this season.

6. HeyaBVB

HeyaBVB New Member

May 4, 2005
    Kiel, Germany
    Hi Gunner

First of all Degen is a ********** and Buckley ... buckley is beyond that....

The last weeks showed how important Kehl and Dede are for us.
    but goals can happen, if you have strikers who can make 1 more goal then the others ... and that we don't have
    Never had since years ... even with Koller

7. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think so. As I remember, Wolfsburg truly outplayed us in large stretches of that match. I remember us only getting the draw thanks to Weidenfeller.

I'm completely unhappy with both of them. I'm a bit more disappointed with Buckley, but I think he still has a chance to come through. I think Degen's biggest problem is himself. He seems to be worried about how HE looks instead of putting the team's needs first.

The last player I can remember us having who was like that was my guy Amoroso. But at least Amoroso scored goals and won us matches. Degen has cost us matches this season.

It was the killer blow. It wouldn't have hurt so badly if Degen didn't suck more than a two-dollar whore, but oh well........

Right now, I think the biggest "surprise" has to be HSV. After them, Gladbach and then us. And I think we are only up there because of the injury problems. After the great second half of the season we had last season, people expected us to do some things this season. Especially after adding Degen and Buckley, both of whom haven't done jack s#it for us yet. Even if just Buckley wakes up in the second half of the season, we'll be better off.

I hope Matthew Amoah can help too.........