BVB Wins First Test Match Of 2005/2006 Season

Discussion in 'Germany' started by footyfan1, Jul 3, 2005.

1. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nothing to brag about here. Our guys ran all over a team of "local all-stars" from the Goeppingen area by a score of 14-1. The local all-star team's lone goal was an own goal by Christian Woerns.

BVB led 6-0 at halftime, with Buckley scoring the first goal just 13 seconds into the match!

Buckley and Smolarek scored three goals apiece. Ewerthon, Caliskan and Gambino scored two goals each with Brzenska and Akguen scoring one goal each.

Of the new players, Degen and Buckley started the match for BVB. Degen and Buckley both played 65 minutes. Young defensive hope Sascha Rammel replaced Degen and young striker hopeful Mehmet Akguen replaced Buckley.

Dutch goalkeeper Dennis Gentenaar played the entire second half.

There's much more, but I don't have time to translate.

I usually think nothing of these matches. I usually get pissed off when I see fans "bragging" about scores like this.

This doesn't excite me. But I do take one thing away from this.

Last season, BVB were winning these matches, but scoring maybe six or seven goals when they should have been doing what they did in this match.

Perhaps they might be learning some killer-instinct? I'm only hoping. I guess we won't know until they play some good competition.

The story is in German......

http://www.borussia-dortmund.de/?%9F%2Ak%97%84%EC%5En%E3%81%9D

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

2. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BvM Unsatisfied With 14 Goals

Story taken from Kicker.de

BVB celebrated a shooting-fest in a 14-1 test match victory against the Gottinger Regional All-Star team in Göttingen. However, trainer Bert van Marwijk criticized the team for wasted chances.

The “Dortmunder Borussen” on Sunday showed themselves to be in a huge goal-scoring mood. However, despite the number of goals scored, BvM criticized the team for their chance utilization. (Or, can I assume, lack thereof?) “For us, that was good training in a cozy atmosphere. Only we should have scored a few more goals”, said an unsatisfied BvM. Smolarek and Buckley scored three goals apiece. Christian Wörns gifted the Göttinger All-Stars with an own goal.

3. gunner_21

gunner_21 New Member

Apr 15, 2002
    Cumberland, Maryland
    Unsatisfied with 14 goals? :confused:

4. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Meaning they should have had many more. They were only playing a bunch of amateurs thrown together.

One of BVB's offensive problems for a LONG TIME is that they waste too many goal-scoring chances.

Too many think the team isn't creating chances. They are. The strikers just haven't been finishing them for the most part.

5. gunner_21

gunner_21 New Member

Apr 15, 2002
    Cumberland, Maryland
    14 goals for a first run out, even though the quality of opposition seemingly lacked to no end, is quite a total. BVM's concern is finishing and while I can understand the concern this was the first match correct? Or I suppose I am to assume that finishing has been a problem in recent past? i.e. 04/05......

6. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Finishing has been a problem at BVB for most of the past four years. The only time we've had a true "cold finisher" during that time was Amoroso's first season.

Other than that, our strikers have been largely inconsistent.

Even the season before last when Ewerthon and Koller both had 16 goals, if they'd made just a third of the "100% Goal Chances" they blew that season, they both would have had 25 goals or more.

Wasted chances can easily be partially blamed for our not qualifying directly for the UEFA Cup this past season and not finishing higher in other seasons.

7. XIIGermanIIX

XIIGermanIIX New Member

Jun 5, 2005
    TEXAS
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well you know 14 goals still makes you feel good, the first game is always against some scrub team that needs to get the crap beat out of them anyway :)

8. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I don't feel good if BvM isn't satisfied with it..........

9. XIIGermanIIX

XIIGermanIIX New Member

Jun 5, 2005
    TEXAS
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    LOL i guess :)

10. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    Hi,

BVB next test match is; Turkish Giant Galatasaray.

i gues its gonna be very good match :)

any comment please :cool:

11. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    wil

Will be a nice match I guess. Many turks around in that region so it might even be an away game for Borussia Dortmund. Anyway, will bring in some cash into our empty pockets. ;-)