BVB v Bayern München [R]

Discussion in 'Germany' started by footyfan1, Dec 15, 2005.

1. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess we were trying to avoid this one.

There's also news in English at www.borussia-dortmund.com

Click on the Union Jack. Known to some of you as "The British Flag"! ;)

2. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: BVB v Bayern Muenchen

We've always had the potential, but we had two things going against us. One, the players made our game a "slave" to a unique central striker, (Koller) which often hindered us. Two, Sammer so destroyed any confidence those players had in themselves and each other, it took them awhile to rebuild that trust and confidence and finally realize they finally have a trainer who can truly teach them and truly gives them their best chance to win with his tactical knowledge.

Now, how long have I been telling you guys that?! LOL!! ;)

He's starting to come around. As I said for so long on the German national team thread, he just needs time and patience.

And he's turned into the true leader on the team too.

Rosicky is suspended for this match and may not be a BVB player after the winter break. But, not if Atletico Madrid don't come up with 15M Euros.

Well, I'm "Mr. Cautious". Some guys peak young and never get better. However, BvM has done a magnificent job with Odonkor. Under Sammer, Odonkor was on the verge of being released. This is the difference between a trainer who can't teach his players how to play the game and a trainer who can actually teach his players what they need to do to get better.

We normally do well against you guys at home, but with our injury situation and our defense being in shambles because of that, you guys should win even without Ballack and Deisler.

But our kids will come to fight. I don't have any doubt about that.....

3. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto

BVB 1: Bayern Munchen 2

This season is beginning to look ugly. Injuries are really beginning to take their toll.

4. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You have to look at more than the result. The score doesn't always tell the entire story.

Even the Bayern fans on this site are saying we played very well and were more unlucky than beaten.

This "loss" showed me that our future is bright. Look past the result.

5. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Reaction from Magath

You have to take your hat off to Bert van Marweijk and what he's achieved here. The way he's shaped this young team is sensational. I think this team is a sure bet for the future. We'll be hearing a lot from this group of players in the next few seasons."

6. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    BVB wore some sweet kits today:

[​IMG]

7. Bayerntone

Bayerntone Member

Nov 7, 2005
    HK
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    You have one of the most talented young team in the league.

Congratulations!

8. Syncope

Syncope New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    I really look forward to this team developing. I hope that in a few years Germany will be able to field not just one team (Bayern) with realistic hopes for European trophies. HSV and and Werder are coming along nicely, and there is not doubt that this BVB crew will be challenging for titles again. The league is getting better again.

9. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    if only it wouldn't hurt so much to lose now...

10. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    I like how they are designed, I just don't like the way E On looks as a sponsor.

Tough game, but it was expected. BVB next year should be challenging for alot of things, and the result doesn't tell the whole story.

I still need a Desperados shirt. It's been a while since I've said that.

11. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
  12. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    yeah we were very unlucky. first of all Kringe's shot hitting the post and than Hargreaves clearing the ball of line, and bayern just took their chances. but well, we played till the end and scored at least one goal. we entered the winter break with 3 lost games in a row, let's hope that we can start with 3 or more wins in a row after this break

13. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    whats the scheduele look like?

14. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

See below. Dates are subject to change as the order of matches (Saturday/Sunday) have not been set yet:

18 VfL Wolfsburg 28.01.06 H -:-
    19 FC Schalke 04 04.02.06 A -:-
    20 MSV Duisburg Mi 08.02.06 H -:-
    21 1. FC Köln Sa 11.02.06 A -:-
    22 Werder Bremen 18.02.06 H -:-
    23 Arminia Bielefeld 25.02.06 A -:-
    24 1. FSV Mainz 05 04.03.06 H -:-
    25 VfB Stuttgart 11.03.06 A -:-
    26 1. FC Kaiserslautern 18.03.06 H -:-
    27 Hamburger SV 25.03.06 A -:-
    28 Borussia M'gladbach 01.04.06 A -:-
    29 Bayer Leverkusen 08.04.06 H -:-
    30 Hertha BSC 15.04.06 A -:-
    31 1. FC Nürnberg 22.04.06 H -:-
    32 Hannover 96 Mi 03.05.06 A -:-
    33 Eintracht Frankfurt Sa 06.05.06 H -:-
    34 Bayern München 13.05.06 A -:-

I think playing Bayern on the final day will hurt.......

15. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That's the hope.

Time to take stock and emerge from a break a rejuvenated team. Being in the top half of the table isn't a bad thing considering all the injuries as well.

16. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Looking at our schedule, it's entirely possible to win four straight to open the second round.

Wolfsburg just fired their general manager and coach (Strunz & Fach). Maybe they'll bring back Willi Reimann!! LOL!! :D

Schalke are now without a real coach, though they will probably hire someone over the winter break. I wouldn't be surprised if they bring back Huub Stevens.

Duisburg just hired BVB "Fussballgott" Juergen Kohler as coach, but they won't win at the Westfalenstadion (Yes, I know the other name, but I refuse to use it)

and.......

1. FC Koln (Cologne) have just lost their general manager and fired their coach.

17. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I think that says it all........

Thanks DF!!! :)

18. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

With all the injuries we've suffered and all the youngsters we've had to play, being in ninth place right now and still within striking distance of UEFA Cup places is freakin' amazing.

However, I think the Dede injury was just one too many. At least he should be back after the winterpause.

But with the injuries, we've found we have potential "all around" players in Kringe and Kruska, we've found we have our future captain in Kehl and we've found another possible future defensive lynchpin in Hunemeier.

We've got Matthew Amoah coming in and possibly Steven Pienaar, which I think would mean a sale of Tomas Rosicky, but this team should come together well without Rosicky.

And we'll probably have another "true" central striker coming in the summer. I think our future is bright....... :D