BVB transfer rumours

Discussion in 'Germany' started by jonam, Oct 14, 2003.

1. Nico Limmat

Nico Limmat Member+

Oct 24, 1999
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    It looks like you guys might still have a chance of getting Phillip Degen immediately. Basel just signed Reto Zanni, a player for the exact same position. I guess a lot of it depends on how much financial compensation Dortmund is willing to offer and on how Christian Gross feels about losing Degen...

2. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    Michael Zorc said today in an interview that BVB is still interested in Mark van Bommel.

3. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The Double,
    Please sticky this thread.

Thanks.

4. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Keith's Response: Because Lars Ricken is like the baby calf who never wants to stray away from his mother's tit.

He doesn't have to prove anything in Dortmund. He doesn't have to work hard, he doesn't have to give his best and the fans still worship him because he's a "True Dortmunder".

Where else can he get paid 1.5 million Euros for just turning up for training and matches?

He doesn't do much else.......

Keith

5. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    According to German media reports BVB is interested in 24-year old winger Ebi Smolarek of Feyenoord Rotterdam. He has a contract till 2006 but BVB try to get him on a loan deal. At the moment he doesn't play and maybe wants to join our coach Bert van Marwijk who he knows very well from BvM's time in Rotterdam.

6. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion

Yeah, this thread could be stickified [tm]. ;-)

7. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    Striker Sahr Sensesie could be loaned out to Grasshoppers Zürich till the end of the season (I wonder how that is possible as the transfer period is over). As he doens't play very often, he could get match practise in Switzerland, good decision IMHO.

8. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    [​IMG]

There are rumours here in Germany that Borussia Dortmund is interested in 20year old leftback Lucien Aubey from Toulouse (France). As he is out of contract at the end of the season BVB could afford him.

9. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion

Senesie finally joined Grasshopper Club Zurich on a loan deal till summer.

-> http://www.schwatzgelb.com/aboutbvb/roster.htm

10. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Keith's Response: I saw someone post about this. Do we know if he's any better than Madouni?

11. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Keith's Response: I really like this move. Especially if we actually give him a real chance in the future.

12. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    At the moment there aren't any news but rumours. Though we seem to be interested in Gladbach's Thomas Broich (I really like him) if Rosicky leaves, there aren't any more serious news.

According to Zorc we are looking for a back-up goalie and a winger/striker. IMHO we should also sign another central defender or mutlipurpose defender.

13. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    - Evanilson's contract was terminated today. It would have run out by end of the season anyways.

- Today's "Sportschau" (Bundesliga highlight show) spread the news that BVB will present a new player during this week. Speculations vary from Mainz' Gerber to Eindhoven's van Bommel. ;-)

14. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I'm guessing Evanilson wasn't getting much playing time this year???

15. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion

Missed many matches due to injuries and was replaced by recovered Metzelder.

16. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Originally Posted by MetroChile
    I'm guessing Evanilson wasn't getting much playing time this year???

Evanilson hasn't done anything to justify his contract since 2001-2002. He's been stealing money from the club with his injuries and suckass performances when he has played. I used to have such high hopes for him.

Now, I can only say "Good Riddance!!!!"

17. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Here is the official link:
    http://www.borussia-dortmund.com/?%9F%2Ah%97%84%EC%5Eh%E6%83%9C

18. DanielHSV

DanielHSV New Member

Nov 29, 2004
    Hamburg, Germany
    If it's van Bommel I'll have a huge BVB logo tatooed on my butt ;)

19. DanielHSV

DanielHSV New Member

Nov 29, 2004
    Hamburg, Germany
    Don't know how reliable this source is, but accordings to them it's gonna be Buckley.

20. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion

Normally I would say MvB is too expensive for us....but DAMN, I would love to see your tatooed butt! :D

21. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion

Let me say it this way.....I guarentee you that that is a serious source. :)

22. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Originally Posted by DanielHSV
    Don't know how reliable this source (www.schwatzgelb.de) is, but accordings to them it's gonna be Buckley.

It sure is. I started a new thread with an article on the Buckley transfer. Awesome coup for BVB!! We're on our way to being a major player again!!

23. EastAsian

EastAsian Red Card

Apr 23, 2005
    actually I think the only way that can bring Dortmund back to their glory days is to have Ottmar Hitzfeld back since I think he is the best coach ever in german soccer since 1995. Actually , I don't know much about other german coach but when I first watch bvb played in 1996, he was the guy that led the team to win the Champions League in 1997 and then he did very very well this couple years with bayern munich. So I think Dortmund should save some money and bring him back.

Also, if possible bringing back Sammer as a coach is good too since I guess he is just as good as Ottmar Hitzfeld.

24. EastAsian

EastAsian Red Card

Apr 23, 2005
    Sammer actually could had brought BVB to at least the quarter-final of the champions league two years ago if not because of that super "retarded" last minute goal by the Real Madrid player . :D

25. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That super "retarded" last minute goal only happened because of a SUPER RETARDED substitution of Dede for Amoroso MADE BY SAMMER!!

I don't know why you think Sammer is a great trainer. He's actually a pretty bad trainer.

Sammer can motivate a team for a season or two, but when it comes time for him to actually coach, he's LOST!!

Sammer is the one who destroyed the players' morale at Borussia Dortmund and is more responsible than management's stupid mistakes for the near-demise of the club in my opinion.

And he's destroying Stuttgart before our eyes. Go on the Stuttgart thread and ask their fans. They will tell you.