BVB transfer rumours

Discussion in 'Germany' started by jonam, Oct 14, 2003.

1. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    We've got information that Mark van Bommel is on his way to Dortmund. Word is that he should play Champions League qualification for Eindhoven (11.08./25.08.) and afterwards move to Westfalenstadion. Fee could be something like 3,5 Mio Euro. Transfer period is till 31.08..

2. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    Good news. He's fit for the Bundesliga.

3. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [jonam]We've got information that Mark van Bommel is on his way to Dortmund. Word is that he should play Champions League qualification for Eindhoven (11.08./25.08.) and afterwards move to Westfalenstadion. Fee could be something like 3,5 Mio Euro. Transfer period is till 31.08..[/QUOTE]

Keith's Response: "Jonam" ;-), will that change now that Arsenal seem to be ready to sell Viera to Real?

I'm sure Arsenal would offer PSV 5M for MvB........

4. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    Depends on whether Wenger wants van Bommel or not. If he wants him, there is no chance of getting him, I guess.

Btw, there are rumours that BVB is interested in Bayern's Sammy Kuffour as Bayern want to get rid of him (contract expires in 2005).

5. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I'd be sad to see Sammy go...after all, he's been with Bayern since 1993.

6. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BayernWake-I'd be sad to see Sammy go...after all, he's been with Bayern since 1993.

Keith's Response: You have nothing to worry about from BVB. At least not this season. We can't afford Bayern's price for Kuffour.

The acquisitions of Demechilis and Lucio have made Kuffour expendable. It's just business.

Keith

7. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    Arsenal are going after Javier Mascherano (One of my favorite players at River Plate, btw) I don't think Wenger will go after Van Bommel.

8. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    Whites Linked To German Ace
    United are reportedly chasing one of the Bundesliga's top stars on loan in a bid to boost their Coca Cola Championship campaign.

German weekly SportBild claims Borussia Dortmund's David Odonkor has been targeted by Kevin Blackwell with his advisor said to have already held talks with Leeds and is now busy in discussing the matter with his client.....

source: http://www.leedsunited.com/article.asp?article=220531&blnFeedback=0&Title=Whites+Linked+To+German+Ace&navlid=newsroom

9. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    When will BVB (finally) find Evanilson’s successor?
    (Sebi) Since former skipper Stefan Reuter moved from right-back to defensive midfield BVB is looking for a successor. During Michael Skibbe’s reign even Lars Ricken played on this (unfamiliar) position. Then, with high expectations, much money was spent to bring in Brazilian player Evanilson. But since being at Strobelallee he lacks constancy and shows too many defensive deficits. Now a young Swiss, Philipp Degen, should be the solution for a long-term problem...

http://www.schwatzgelb.com/redirect.php3?target=artikel.php3?welcher=1392

10. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    Seems that also Juventus is interested in Philipp Degen.

Btw, 2nd league Cologne is interested in BVB's Lars Ricken (remember? the player that scored the 3-1 in 1997's CL final)

11. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    --Lars Ricken is BVB through and through. Would be sad to see him go.

12. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    Sad but true. IIRC he is with Borussia since 1990 and the only player that is really from Dortmund. :-(

On the other hand he still has a massive contract despite having next to no playing time.

13. Coon

Coon Member

Jan 19, 2003
    Texas, USA
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    will we get degen?

14. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    Don't know, but I hope so. Have him seen play just one time (U-21 match Switzerland-Germany). According to newspapers and friends of mine he is very talented.

Tonight he will start with Basle at Schlacke (live on free-TV). Will keep an eye on him.

15. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    I heard about his contract. Would be nice to see his wages off the books, but still. Sad to see him go.

What was that comment he was quoted as saying?

"If I was in a plane full of Schalke supporters, I'd want the plane to go down." Something like that, right?

16. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    *lol*

Yes, that was Ricken's statement some years ago. I am astonished that you have heard of it, even many German BVB supporters don't know it?!?

Btw, today's (actually tomorrow's) newspaper report that BVB is close to signing Philipp Degen of FC Basle (right-back). Good news!

17. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    Goalie Warmuz is thinking of leaving BVB as he is now sitting on the bench:

Guillaume Warmuz is thinking about leaving Borussia Dortmund. Warmuz has found himself sitting on the bench as Roman Weindenfeller has been playing in goal for the German side. The 34-year-old says that he was surprised to lose his place and warned that he would have to think about leaving if he was not playing enough....

Source: http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=235917&cpid=22&CLID=157&lid=&title=Warmuz+eyes+Dortmund+exit

18. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Ha, I remember that quote by Ricken, I still love it!

19. balla

balla Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Melbourne,Australia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    could there be a chance Rosicky might come to Bayern in January or the summer???

i think ballack will be sold and Rosicky could be seen as his replacement

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    I highly doubt it, remember Rosicky was already on his way to Bayern a few years ago but then Dortmund sneaky as they are outbid at the last moment.

21. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    No, highly unlikely. First of all Hoeneß takes some things personal, especially when a players decides for another club instead of Bayern. But this is not the main problem. Bayern/Hoeneß want to form Germany's team for WC2006. Kahn, Lahm, Görlitz, Deisler, Frings, maybe Arne Friedrich and of course the skipper Ballack. So they surely won't sell him before 2006 and of course not this winter.

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez

Correct, the arrogance of Bayern trickles down from the top.

23. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Keith's Response: Dead wrong. Bayern were not serious about signing Rosicky. They only wanted to drive up the price Dortmund paid for him. When Bayern want to make sure a player doesn't wind up in Dortmund they make sure they sign them.

See the examples of Paulo Sergio, Pablo Thiam and Claudio Pizarro.

Bayern signed all three of them simply to keep them out of Dortmund.

The only player I can remember Dortmund ever "beating" Bayern out for is Sebastian Kehl.

Keith

24. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Keith's Response: I feel if Ballack were going to be sold, it would have been this past summer. Bayern's problem is that they want more than Ballack is actually worth. And I don't think they'll buy anyone if they sell Ballack. Much less Rosicky. They are determined to make their investment in Deisler pay off. Bayern needs another big-named midfielder like they need a hole in the head. I think Uli Hoeness knows this.

Keith

25. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Keith's Response: IMHO, Lars Ricken never made more of his career because he stayed in Dortmund.

He never challenged himself.

He just stayed in his comfortable surroundings where he knew he'd be accepted no matter what.

You guys can "celebrate" him.

To me, it's a sad story of wasted potential.

Keith