BVB transfer rumours

Discussion in 'Germany' started by jonam, Oct 14, 2003.

1. jri

jri Red Card

Sep 28, 2000
    boca
    Jonam- I'm going to go on a limb, and state I believe Casey will be a very solid D1 forward somewhere, if not the Bundesliga. It seems at every stage, no one really rates him all that high (even in the US)..there is always discussion of some other...but I am impressed how Casey has gone over to Germany, worked his way up the 'food chain'...unlike some other Yanks that get tired of waiting for that 'chance'. That shows me something in his character- he will not give up, and I think he will keep improving and adding to his game, and along the way, become a heady, savvy player.

It appears that Dortmund is not that excited about him, but I do think he will produce for someone else then. At every level, he's met the challenge in front of him. There is really only one level left to conquer (D1), and I believe he'll do that too. Again, he may not be swiftest or most athletic, but he is what we in the US call a 'gamer'.

I'd like to see him do it (make leap) at Dortmund though. I think you guys will eventually regret letting him leave (if it happens)

2. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    Seems that Amoroso has no future at BVB. Likely that his contract (till20059 will be cancelled.

+++++++++++++++++

BVB want to terminate Amoroso´s contract
    [30.03.] Borussia Dortmund have made Marcio Amoroso an offer for cancelling his professional contract with the club. In the course of the Bundesliga match against Hannover 96 general manager Michael Meier has told the authorized representative of Amoroso that the club wants to terminate the contract with immediate effect.

source: bvb09.de

+++++++++++++++++

For more news check schwatzgelb.com - newssystem.

3. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    Dortmund join van Bommel hunt

Holland international Mark van Bommel's list of admirers keeps on growing with German club Borussia Dortmund the latest to register their interest....

source: sky sports

+++++++++++++++

My opinion on this: Just rumours. BVB need money and won't spend that much. Only if Rosicky AND Frings leave there might be money and need for a central midfielder. But I don't believe that at all.

4. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    German online mag sport1.de knows of an Inter interest in BVB striker Henrique Ewerthon (German infos).

5. jri

jri Red Card

Sep 28, 2000
    boca
    Any other hints on Casey's future? I saw the article with President (?) of BvB- seemed to indicate that some younger players will get a chance, and he seemed pretty coy about possible transfers when the names Koller and Rosicky were mentioned, leading me to believe they are in play (sale).

Of course, there was no mention of Casey in the article, so I have no clue if he is considered an option in any way...

6. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    I have a hard time seeing Dortmund spending much on players right now, especially when it comes to wages. Given their financial situation and the need for the German federation to license them, I would expect that any purchases would be dependent on selling players. The nice thing is that with money being tight, they're likely to sell a few players and turn to their youth rather than spending the fees on buying players.

I'm not familiar with who Dortmund has in their youth ranks beside Conor Casey. Could there be a couple other young players that we could see a lot next year?

7. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    We have some youngsters loaned out: Krontiris (striker), Casey (striker), Achenbach (left-back, left midfielder)

Achenbach is loaned out till 2005. Either Krontiris or Casey could be brought back to Strobelallee, Dortmund.

Plus there are already some promising talents on BVB's roster: Gambino (established forward), Senesie (striker) and Sascha Rammel (right-back)

Btw, today some German magazines speculate about BVB being interested in Giovanne Elber (31) of Lyon!

8. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

Hadn't Klose already agreed a deal with Werder Bremen?

9. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    I don't think that deal was ever finalised.

10. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    Have a look at the date. That was October 2003. Klose signed this spring with Werder Bremen. A 4-year contract, IIRC.

11. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    Will Mark van Bommel be Borussia’s first new draft?
    The information that are reaching our redaction from the Netherlands are clear: Borussia Dortmund want to sign Mark van Bommel. The Dutch national player is on the top of Bert van Marwijk wish list...

now on http://www.schwatzgelb.com

12. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    Funny, my other love, Tottenham, is/was interested in Van Bommel as well. He's better suited for the Bundesliga, IMO. Suits Dortmund well.

13. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    Van Bommel is prepared to stay at PSV for antoher season. Let's wait and see whether BVB will make another attempt to sign him this summer.

Rumour: New coach Bert van Marwijk was quoted that he could imagine having Feyenoord's Shinji Ono at BVB

14. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
  15. Schaumann

Schaumann New Member

Jul 11, 2004
    St. Louis, MO USA
    "Real Madrid presidential candidate Lorenzo Sanz said on Tuesday that he had reached agreements to sign Czech Republic internationals Milan Baros and Tomas Rosicky as well as Portugal midfielder Maniche."

That was the case if Sanz got elected. He got slaughtered in the election a week and a half ago.

16. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    Slaughtered isn't the word. It was more then that.

17. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
  18. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    He also turned down the chance to go to Porto...

19. Schaumann

Schaumann New Member

Jul 11, 2004
    St. Louis, MO USA
    I hope you're right. I'm a big Koller fan (myself being 6'7") but I'd really like to see youth cultivated up top this year. How about La Tallec on loan? As long as we're talking about my ideal club, let's go after the assiduous Tobias Willi.

It just seems that w/o Torsten we lack that set-ball/crossing brilliance, so suited for Jeden.

Sorry for the disjointed post, just trying to see half-full.

I look forward to seeing Salvatore and Ewerthon grow.

20. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hang in there big guy! I think we'll be all right!!

I think we'll actually be better off without both Sammer and Frings.

I really feel BvM (My name for Bert van Marwijk) is the better trainer for our team and not having Frings around will allow Rosicky to blossom again.

See my new thread.

HEJA BVB!!

Keith
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

[Schaumann]I hope you're right. I'm a big Koller fan (myself being 6'7") but I'd really like to see youth cultivated up top this year. How about La Tallec on loan? As long as we're talking about my ideal club, let's go after the assiduous Tobias Willi.

It just seems that w/o Torsten we lack that set-ball/crossing brilliance, so suited for Jeden.

Sorry for the disjointed post, just trying to see half-full.

I look forward to seeing Salvatore and Ewerthon grow.[/QUOTE]

21. Schaumann

Schaumann New Member

Jul 11, 2004
    St. Louis, MO USA
    Smicer injury could see his compatriat join him at Anfield

Story by Al Campbell 3 August 2004

Vladimir Smicer's injury could re-open the door for his Czech team-mate Tomas Rosicky to join the Reds.

With Smicer out injured for six months Rafael Benitez has conceded that he will have to go into the transfer market to sign a replacement and Rosicky could fit the bill.

Rosicky himself is keen on a move as he would like to play club football with Milan Baros who he has described as a "perfect team-mate".

During Euro 2004 Rosicky said: "I am sure we [him and Baros] would combine well together if we play for the same club in the future."

22. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [Schaumann]Smicer injury could see his compatriat join him at Anfield

Keith's Response: Don't see it happening brother! BVB's season starts on Saturday and they really believe they can make a Champions League run. They can't do that without Rosicky at this moment.

The only way I can see Liverpool prying Rosicky away is if they offer Dortmund between 20 and 30 million Euros for him. And then that would still leave Dortmund without a true playmaker besides an already washed-up Lars Ricken.

Keith

23. Schaumann

Schaumann New Member

Jul 11, 2004
    St. Louis, MO USA
    Yeah my good bloke is a Liverpool fan and he sends me this English soap opera stuff all the time. I look forward to a 'license to roam' Little Mozart!

24. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Rosicky stated at the end of last week that he had been convinced by Van Marwjik to stay with Dortmund for at least this season...So I doubt Raffa would swoop for Rosicky...although it would be very nice. Any1 else hear of who Liverpool might sign to replace Smicer for at least these 6 months?