BVB transfer rumours

Discussion in 'Germany' started by jonam, Oct 14, 2003.

1. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    Tomorrow's Westfälische Rundschau (German source) reports of a BVB interest in Kaiserlautern's Miroslav Klose and Stuttgart's Kevin Kuranyi, both national players.

While Kuranyi is contracted till 2005, Klose has an buy-out option worth 5 Mio Euro.

source: http://news.schwatzgelb.com/

2. Basti

Basti New Member

May 9, 2002
    Buy Klose Buy Klose !!! :D

Save Kuranyi for us

3. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    Rangers join Everton, Dortmund in Andresen chase
    tribalfootball.com - October 30, 2003

Rangers are chasing Stabaek midfielder Martin Andresen.
    The Sun says Gers boss Alex McLeish is pondering a January bid for the ex-Wimbledon player, but faces competition from Everton and Borussia Dortmund.

Gers chief scout Ewan Chester has been tracking Andresen's progress this season in Norway.

+++++++++++++++++++++

jonam, http://www.schwatzgelb.com

4. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    Germans cast eyes over Sonkaya
    Friday, 07 November 2003

German sides Schalke and Borussia Dortmund are reportedly keeping tabs on Roda JC defender Fatih Sonkaya.
    The Turkish defender has a host of admirers, with Galatasaray and Fenerbahce both keeping tabs on his progress.

Ajax have also been monitoring his situation, and now Schalke and Borussia Dortmund have joined the list of interested clubs.

The two Bundesliga sides are expected to send representatives to take in Turkey Under-21s' clash with their German counterparts, in a bid to assess Sonkaya in competitive action.

Roda have so far failed to field any offers for their talented full back, but Sonkaya is aware of the speculation.

"When teams show interest in you, it makes you feel good," Sonkaya, who is contracted to Roda until 2005, told De Limburger.

Sonkaya, who holds both Dutch and Turkish passports as a result of his parents being Turkish and living in Holland, could be set to move on to a bigger stage after spending the whole of his professional career on the books of the Kerkrade-based club.

-------------------------

jonam

5. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    Over my dead fucking body. That's the only way we let a player like this go to Schalke before us.

6. Syncope

Syncope New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    That's the spirit; I like it.

7. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Over Dead Bodies

I wish our management had that type of spirit, but it's due to their stupid transfer dealings in the past (Mainly paying too much for players and releasing them for nothing!) that we don't seem to be able to stop Kuranyi from joining Scheisse 04 should he choose to.

8. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    another target of bvb should be arne friedrich of hertha bsc berlin.

bayern wants him but i think we should also go for arne as he is/was a bvb-fan since ever (born near to dortmund).

9. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Arne Friedrich

Dude, as you told me when I was suggesting we go for Lucio before the season. Where is the money going to come from?? You can't go after a player like Friedrich with nothing....

10. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    there is a big difference between a possible friedrich-package and a lucio-package.

friedrich:
    - 4-7 mio euro transfer fee (or for free as his contract expires in 2005)
    - salary 2-3,5 mio euro
    - signing bonus

-> an average of about 16,5 mio for 4 years in total (transfer in 2004)

lucio:
    - 15-25 mio euro transfer fee (contrcat till 2007 as far as i remember)
    - salary 4-5 mio euro
    - signing bonus

-> an average of about 38 mio for 4 years in total

but to make it clear: i'm absolutely sure that lucio is the FAR better defender!

jonam

http://www.schwatzgelb.com

---The Borussia Dortmund fanzine---

11. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Friedrich/Lucio Comparison

Manoj, I wasn't saying "Let's get Lucio instead of Friedrich". I only mentioned when we were discussing Lucio to remind you of how vehemently you and Sebi screamed about how BVB has no money.

12. JeffS

JeffS New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cameron Park, CA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's all fine and good to talk about potential Dortmund acquisitions, but where the hell are they going to get the money to do so? Didn't players and coaches just have to accept a 20% pay decrease?

Maybe they can sell cry-baby Amarosso for a decent sum :)

13. soccerfreak #1

soccerfreak #1 New Member

Oct 6, 2003
    Cologne
    Who cares about Amoroso.......

I hope he will be fined by FIFA or something, so we can keep his 3mio euros per year.

And I don´t think that Klose or maybe Kuranyi earn so much money like Amoroso, especially not Klose.
    I also hope that we can get rid of Reina and Herrlich, cause they are just wast of money.
    It´s incredible, we got 12/13 players missing and they still keep playing in the B-team.

Another option for next season would be to not buy a striker and focus on Emu when he comes back. He has the same potential as Lauth, Kuranyi and Hanke.
    It would be more important to look for a new defender, cause Reuter and Woerns are getting old.

There is also the rumour that Markus Babbel is a candidate for us after his loan-contract with Blackburn expires.

14. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Soccerfreak's Last Transfer Posting

To JeffS's comment about getting a decent sum for Amoroso. Man, right now, we'd get nothing for Amoroso. From what I understand, his career is in jeapordy.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

SF#1 Wrote: Who cares about Amoroso.......

Footyfan1 Says: Right on man!! I wish we weren't forced to even deal with him!! But because of the huge amount of money we have invested in this "Prima Donna", we must.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

SF#1 wrote: I hope he will be fined by FIFA or something, so we can keep his 3mio euros per year.

Footyfan1 Says: I don't believe he will get an "Ortega-style" fine unless he refuses to return for a lot longer. Amoroso may be a prima-donna b#%ch, but I don't think he's stupid......

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

SF#1 wrote: And I don´t think that Klose or maybe Kuranyi earn so much money like Amoroso, especially not Klose.

I also hope that we can get rid of Reina and Herrlich, cause they are just wast of money.
    It´s incredible, we got 12/13 players missing and they still keep playing in the B-team.

Footyfan1 Says: I think Kuranyi will command close to Amoroso money. Klose would not, but he'd get a decent amount.

You are right about getting rid of Reina and Herrlich. I've wanted to get rid of Reina for two seasons now. He's nothing more than a good 2. Liga striker.

On Herrlich. I believe Herrlich was also hurt right after the big injuries first hit. I know he was out for at least part of this "bad time" for us.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

SF#1 wrote: Another option for next season would be to not buy a striker and focus on Emu when he comes back. He has the same potential as Lauth, Kuranyi and Hanke.

FootyFan1 wrote: Not just Emu, but Senesie, Gambino and Conor Casey. Before you start on the "American" thing, just look at the 2. Liga goal-scoring charts. Casey has just one less goal than Emu before this matchday. But, we'll need to bring in one more Bundesliga-experienced striker and I think that should be Klose.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    SF#1 wrote: It would be more important to look for a new defender, cause Reuter and Woerns are getting old.

FootyFan1 wrote: I've been saying this on my list for over two seasons now. We need a tough, speedy defender.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

SF#1 wrote: There is also the rumour that Markus Babbel is a candidate for us after his loan-contract with Blackburn expires.

FootyFan1 wrote: Markus Babbel is NOT the answer to our problems. I saw him play again yesterday for Blackburn v. Man U.. Babbel isn't any better than Woerns. Hell, he isn't as good as Woerns!

If he weren't "off the market", the best solution would be Hinkel. Or challenge BayScum for Arne Friedrich.

We need someone young, fast and tough. Preferably cheap too. But anyone who meets that description, you guys will say "isn't good enough for BVB......"

Maybe we already have that player in M Metzelder or Markus Brzenska.

Their performances so far doesn't point to that though. But they will get better.

15. soccerfreak #1

Oct 6, 2003
    Cologne
    Markus Brzenska has a very decent season for the B-team so far.
    He answered his red card against Bayern with a goal this weekend that marked the 2:0 win for our B-team against Chemnitz.
    Maybe he will become someone in the future, but not as defender.

That Gambino has major potential became obvious this weekend with his two goals against Leverkusen, especially his first one.

The Krontiris vs. Casey competition goes absoltely to Emu. Not only that he scored one goal more than Conor. He is also far better rated tan Casey by the Kicker.
    Emu is rated with 3,27 and Conor with 3,85.
    Before this matchday.
    I expect the difference to improve after this weekend.

16. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brzenska, Gambino, Krontiris, Casey

SF#1: Markus Brzenska has a very decent season for the B-team so far.

He answered his red card against Bayern with a goal this weekend that marked the 2:0 win for our B-team against Chemnitz.

FootyFan1 Says: GOOD!! I was hoping that red card wouldn't get him down too much!!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

SF#1: Maybe he (Brzenska) will become someone in the future, but not as defender.

FootyFan#1 Says: Really?? Where else does he play?? The guys on my list seem to believe his future is as a defender......

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

That Gambino has major potential became obvious this weekend with his two goals against Leverkusen, especially his first one.

FootyFan1 Says: The guys on my list have always known about Gambino's potential. They were talking about him making the team better when he's ready as early as before last season.

Gambino played pretty well against HSV too.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    The Krontiris vs. Casey competition goes absoltely to Emu. Not only that he scored one goal more than Conor. He is also far better rated tan Casey by the Kicker.

Emu is rated with 3,27 and Conor with 3,85.
    Before this matchday.

I expect the difference to improve after this weekend.

FootyFan 1 Says: Who said there's a competition?? Remember how well they played TOGETHER for the amateur team??

And I feel Krontiris is the better of the two myself. I don't need "Kicker" to tell me this.

Why didn't ask that before making this into a "competition"??

I just felt that Casey can't be ignored in this case.

17. soccerfreak #1

Oct 6, 2003
    Cologne
    Re: Brzenska, Gambino, Krontiris, Casey

He switches betwenn defensive midfield and defender.More as midfielder, but with his height he is more an defender. Who knows, but he isn´t the first promising defender coming out of Dortmunds youth-system. Do you remember Florian Thorwart? He is now 21 and at Lübeck, where he made only two games this season. But hey, maybe Timo Achenbach will become someone. He has a very good season so far for Lübeck.
    Yes, he had also a good game against HSV. He also plays great for the B-team where he has 7goals in 11games. He realy made a huge step forward compared to last season and I´m very, very happy wth that. The big question now is, how he will improve this season and how he will deal with the attention he now gets.
    Yeah, they realy teared the Oberliga up two years ago until Conor went to Hannover.

I know that it isn´t supposed to be a competition, but it is Casey´s third! season on loan now and I think this year is his last chance to impress the people in Dortmund.

18. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    Seems that BVB is like many other clubs (Manu, Schlacke etc.) interested in Panathinaikos' right-back Giorgos Seitaridis.

Transfer fee would be around 3,5 Mio Euro.

19. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    According to kicker.de Borussia Dortmund has, along with Bayern, Leverkusen and the big guns from Europe, asked for Freddy Adu, the US wonder kid.

20. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Question about Dede

How do you guys rate him as a Left-back?
    Does he have German citizenship? Or any other EU nation?

I was wondering because I remember he wanted a call-up for Germany even though he is Brazilian.

21. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    German football lacks left-backs (and strikers). The best ones on this position are foreigners (Lizarazu, Dede...). So every now and then this topic comes up in German medias and reporters ask the players whether they would like to play for Germany. Some say yes some no but most of the time this isn't getting a serious topic.

Dede is by far the best integrated Brazilian in Dortmund. He speaks German very well (compared to the other Brazilians at BVB) and is some kind of helper and speaker for the Brazilian group.

Regarding the football skills I personally rate him as the best left-back in the Bundesliga. Very strong in defense and also capable of keeping the game fast when it is going the other way. And he is a real fighter on the pitch with the right attitude. When BVB missed so many injured players during the first half of this season he was the one that kept the whole thing alive. When he got injured the team was without leadership and crashed in Bundesliga down to sixth place.

jonam, http://www.schwatzgelb.com

Another topic: Maybe Juan Ramon Fernandez is on his way to River Plate Buenos Aires. The talk is about a loan deal with an buy-option for River.

22. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    Some changes in BVB's squad:

- Juan Ramon Fernandez (right-back, right midfielder) was loaned out to River Plate till 31.12.2004 (contract at BVB till 30.06.2007)

- Striker Guisppe Reina was loaned out to Hertha BSC Berlin till 30.06.2004. If Hertha avoids relegation Reina will stay in Berlin till 30.06.2005 (the date when his contract with BVB expires, so if they stay in 1. Bundesliga this is a permanent deal)

- BVB signed young Brazilian striker Anderson "Thiago" de Souza. Contract till 30.06.2005 with an option for BVB to extend. Thiago is a friend of Flavio Conceicao and joined the team in the trainings camp in Marbella already.

check: http://www.schwatzgelb.com/aboutbvb/roster.htm

jonam

23. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Given the financial situation, I would think that players like Dede and Rosicky are prone to be sold. Not so much for the cash their transfers would bring in but more so to help further reduce the wage bill.

24. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    I'm afraid your right.

25. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    BVB eye Kristiansen(jonam) As schwatzgelb.de got to know Borussia Dortmund seems to be interested in signing young Danish talent Jan Kristiansen. The midfielder has been on the scouting list since long. Finally it seems that BVB is preparing a 1,5 Mio Euro bid to bring Kristiansen to the Strobleallee...

Entire article now on schwatzgelb.com!