BVB Title Chances

Discussion in 'Germany' started by footyfan1, Oct 20, 2003.

1. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guys, just three weeks ago, I called this a "lost season" for Borussia Dortmund. However, if BVB can take this win against a decent Hannover club and translate it into the "killer instinct" we've been missing since the departure of Ottmar Hitzfeld, then anything is possible this season.

We are nowhere near our best and starting to find a way to win matches.

What happens when the likes of Evanilson, Frings and Amoroso return to the lineup??

Just wanted to see what some of you think.

Olaf Goldbecker, if you are out there, this is Keith Richardson. We met a couple of seasons ago in Leverkusen with Chris Courtney. Drop a line!!

Keith

2. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion

i think that might be olafgb and as it seems he frequently posts here.

jonam

3. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Olaf Goldbecker

Yes, Manoj, I'm sure that's him. Chris Courtney (My old football reporting partner) told me he frequently posts here. Olaf gave me his card when we met in Leverkusen and I lost it that next week.

4. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    back to the topic:

if we get 7 or 8 points out of the next 4 bundesliga matches (bochum(a), hsv(h), bayern(a), leverkusen(h)) that would be satisfying, i think. of course 12 points are our "aim" but we've to realize that it won't be easy to beat bayern away in munich and also leverkusen at home seems to be a tough task.

5. pathil

pathil New Member

Oct 20, 2003
    Waltrop
    it will be very difficult. okay, in the ruhr-stadium of bochum borussia is able to get 3 points, but munich or leverkusen are very good teams and with this injuries it became nearly impossible to defeat them. but never the less, i hope, that borussia stays in the classement where they are at the moment till the injured players will be back.

next week borussia is playing against mönchengladbach at the böckelberg in the second round of the dfb-pokal.

here a very interesting video of bvb-hannover from a schwatzgelb.de user!

http://www.rechnersysteme.de/bvb.avi

6. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BVB Matches To The Winterpause/Other Title Stuff

I think if we can beat Bochum (away) and HSV (home) while at least drawing with both BayScum (away) and Leverkusen (home), we will be in good shape.

However, I think at home, we can beat Leverkusen. Even with our injuries. We just have to play to win and not to draw!

We have to go to Rostock after we play Leverkusen and then come home to play sorry ass Hertha. If we can take those two matches, we should be OK before going to Gladbach and hosting Kaiserslautern before the winterpause (winter break).

Gladbach always give us a hard time at the Boekelberg stadium and if I'm not mistaken, Hertha beat us at home last season for the first time in recent memory.

We will need victories in these two matches if we are to harbor any title hopes once the season begins again on January 31, 2004.

We should also have Frings back at that time, possibly Evanilson too.

Let's just hope we can hang in there. I don't believe Stuttgart can keep up their pace. They are bound to suffer some injuries. It has just been an almost "too perfect" season and a half for them.

BayScum will eventually be back, but like 2002, maybe they will rebound too late.

The only change is, I don't know if Leverkusen will falter this season. They now have one piece that was always missing before. A trainer who knows what the mentality of a champion is.

If we are to beat out Leverkusen, I think we'll have to beat them ourselves.......

7. pathil

pathil New Member

Oct 20, 2003
    Waltrop
    one mistake, not hertha beat us last season. it was werder bremen! against berlin we played 2-2 at the first "spieltag".

8. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My Hertha Mistake

Thanks! I wasn't sure. That's why I typed "if I'm not mistaken".

Did we lose in Berlin?? I thought we lost to them one time last season.

And, I know why I got it wrong. Hertha beat Nuernberg in Nuernberg last season. I got that mixed up with Dortmund.

I did follow FCN last year too.

9. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    we lost the first match after the winterbreak 2-1 in berlin.

Statistic
    Goals: 1:0 Dardai (69.), 1:1 Koller (79,), 2:1 Marcellinho (90.)

Formation:

Hertha: Kiraly - Hartmann, Simunic, Rehmer, Friedrich - Dardai, Goor, Karwan - Marcellinho Alves, Luizao [71. Preetz]
    BVB: Lehmann (3) – Dede (3,5) [71. Amoroso], Metzelder (3,5), Wörns (4), Evanilson (4) – Frings (3,5) [79. Kehl], Heinrich (5), Reuter –(4), Rosicky (3,5) – Ewerthon (4), Koller (3,5)

Referee: Fandel (3)

complete match report:
    http://www.schwatzgelb.com/artikel.php3?welcher=444

jonam, http://www.schwatzgelb.com