BVB General Transfer Thread III [R]

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by footyfan1, Jul 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Any idea if today's rumors of our Kamil Glik talking with BVB are true? I'd love to see him in place of Hummels, would fit perfectly personality and skill wise.

2. bumbleBeeVB

bumbleBeeVB Member+

Aug 6, 2014
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's what I've been assuming. We will change our tactics to account for less creativity from the back. Probably actually be even sturdier defensively actually.

3. Vlad S.

Vlad S. Member+

May 6, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Why are there so many capitalized words within German sentences? Is there a grammatical rule to capitalize specific types of words?

4. adriandragonus

Aug 5, 2015
    indonesia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    i might exaggerate things a bit. probably more like " hey, why don't you train with us for, like, 5 years from now. we will fulfill any needs of yours about football"
    these days, when some team take a player from other team, it'll be called 'signing'. no matter how old the player on question is.

5. sanky

sanky Member

Dec 6, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    according to local newspaper in valencia, they are ready to accept 25-30m bid for mustafi

6. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yes the first letter of all nouns are capitalized. In English only proper nouns' first letters are capitalised.

Vlad S. repped this.
  7. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    He was instrumental for Germany's world cup win. By getting injured.
    I know he has done quite well in Valencia and he has his strenghts. Still not a signing that would make me feel confident for the defense.

kbvb, BVB Previ and bvbSlash repped this.
  8. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Agreed LOL. I just don't see why we are bothering with anybody other than Sule. If City get the ban hammer then we go after Laporte. :)

9. adriandragonus

Aug 5, 2015
    indonesia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia

10. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This is BS because Bayer don't want to sell. They want to go a little bit further in the CL. Also wtf can't we stop being linked to this guy.

11. adriandragonus

Aug 5, 2015
    indonesia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    yeah, i agree. just want to include some (quite reliable apparently) spanish paper's notion about hummels replacement. toprak for me is the most sensible and cheapest option we have. he has better defending skill from hummels but less ball-playing skill, plus tuchel has said that hummels replacement will be a totally different type of player of him. of course, i know that you want suele. but do you really trust a 20-years old player for UCL? i know that it's a risk worth taking, but as you said already, watzke probably doesn't has enough balls to take it.
    meh, there is still dragovic.

12. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    For me the player's potential is the most important thing. This means a younger player who will likely make a few mistakes and I am fine with that. Toprak has reached his ceiling and it's rather low and on top of that he is injury prone. It's not like we are getting a CL performer here. I am fine if we get a sturdy defender with no ball playing skills. But he should at least be excellent at that. Not average.

13. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So Hummels will suit up in his first competitive game against BVB in Dortmund in the super cup.

14. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Honestly, I'm not sure what will happen with him - I'm in two minds about how he will fare at Bayern.

Firstly, I have little doubt he felt pressured into this decision by his family - primarily Cathy. To me that means he still has a spot in his heart for Dortmund, and will likely always be seen that way by fans (especially Bayern fans).

On the positive side for Hummels, he is now playing alongside two of the top CB's/FB's in the world (Boateng and Alaba), both whom have the pace and athleticism to make up for Hummels lack thereof. Additionally, Bayern will likely still play a possession based system with not quite as high a line under Carlo when you compare that to Pep. This will allow Hummels to be actively involved in the transition play and utilize his excellent passing, but also won't expose his lack of pace and lateral quickness. From a line-up and tactical perspective, this seems like an excellent move for Hummels.

The other side of the equation however will be how well Hummels fits into Bayern's culture. He is used to being the outspoken alpha dog at BVB; someone who had no problem criticizing teammates on or off the field for their failings (especially in recent years). If he tries to do this at Bayern, I have little doubt the ego's in the room won't tolerate it. I'm just not sure Hummels will gel with the Bayern culture. Additionally, while some may see this as the prodigal son returning home, I believe that if he has a rough start to his time there, the fans will turn on him very quickly.

kbvb, Sir Niney and MatthausSammer repped this.
  15. Dave46

Dave46 Member+

Nov 30, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
    Not really interested what happens to him at Bayern. At best, Muller would tell him, "F off, BVB boy".

tallerr repped this.
  16. Dave46

Dave46 Member+

Nov 30, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
    Almost Flavus from footballing perspective:) Reus as Arminius during the Supercup.

Flavus insisted on "Roman greatness, the power of the Emperor ... the mercy always waiting for him who submitted himself. ..." His brother [Arminius] urged "the sacred call of their country; their ancestral liberty; the gods of their Germanic hearths; and their mother, who prayed, with [Arminius] himself, that [Flavus] would not choose the title of Renegade and Traitor to his kindred...to the whole of his race in fact, before that of their liberator."
    Flavus allegedly became so enraged by Arminius that he collected his weapons, mounted his horse and prepared to cross the river to fight his brother alone. The Roman general Stertinius stopped him. Arminius, all the while, taunted Flavus from the other bank, partly in the Germanic native tongue and "much in Latin, as Arminius had seen service in the Roman camp as a captain of native auxiliaries."

MatthausSammer repped this.
  17. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You missed one point. What if he under performs? Carlo's job won't be safe if they aren't leading the BL pack. And if need be he will bench Mats. How will Mats take going from being an automatic starter to warming Götze's old seat?

And if Fischer truly was responsible for the move then he's going to be pissed not just at Bayern but her and himself as well. Now imagine all this with us leading the BL race. Frankly this scenario doesn't look all that improbable.

18. Dave46

Dave46 Member+

Nov 30, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
    Guys, if we consider future bonuses for Dembele, he is the most expensive signing ever. 52 mil.

19. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm guessing if we ever have to match those bonuses, he will have been worth it.

Sir Niney and Dave46 repped this.
  20. Dave46

Dave46 Member+

Nov 30, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
    Or double that amount.

Rosebud repped this.
  21. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
  22. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Some of those numbers are better than Hummels.

23. adriandragonus

Aug 5, 2015
    indonesia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    #16023 adriandragonus, May 13, 2016
    Last edited: May 13, 2016
    because they believe that 2o years old player isn't capable yet to handles UCL? and he has no UCL exp,right? yes, i know that atletico started gimenez and chelsea played zouma, but somehow they're too afraid to take risk by playing young talent in high-level league. probably because of 14-15 season still haunt them. they afraid that any risky move will cost us the chance to challenge for BL.

24. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    More experienced defenders will reassure him, plus he seems pretty mature for a 20 year old.

25. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Which is odd, given that the 14-15 team was our oldest and most experienced team in the Klopp/Tuchel era.

bvbSlash repped this.