BVB General Transfer Thread III [R]

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by footyfan1, Jul 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Kid reminds me a lot like pirlo sometimes . He has great potential but he needs to mature and learn not be laZy and selfish. I'm sure your coach can teach him a lot.

2. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Can you keep tab on Madrid, Bought Kroos, rumours wth Hames and Falcao

They might be having a garage sale soon. Isco wont be bad, what do you say about Khedira?

MatthausSammer repped this.
  3. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Real cant keep up with his demands , what makes u think we will be able to :)

4. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Is it really about Real not keeping up with demands or just shipping old furnitures out for new ones they saw at the store

chewz, Liquid1010 and MatthausSammer repped this.
  5. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Could be that, but im sure when looking after ur old furniture is costly then ur looking to ship it away for sure. Its not only his wages, if we would have the 25 mil that reals wants for him id rather have us spend it on some other players instead

6. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Why would we want Khedira? We just bought Ginter. We also have Sahin, Jojic, Kehl and Kirsch eligible for 2 spots. Isco, however, is another story. We'd love to have him but we'd hate to part with the amount of money Real wants....provided we had that much to spend.

7. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Definitely Madrid wont sell for how much they bought. I think for 25m Isco would be a good buy

8. Vlad S.

Vlad S. Member+

May 6, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    No need to buy Isco when Kagawa is shortlisted for ManU exit.

9. Dave46

Dave46 Member+

Nov 30, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
    Ginter, Ramos, I

Kagawa should have known that it will come to this.

10. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    There is a lot of opportunity in the market right now if BVB is willing to splash some cash.

Real is pulling their typical antics walking through a candy store like a 5yr old... "I want that, and that, and that...". RM's shopping spree along with LVG's overhaul of ManU, and Wenger finally looking like he is creaking open that rusty wallet..... there should be a lot of movement still to come.

I would love to get Kagawa back, but Isco scares me. He has absolutely no desire for the defensive side of the game.

This may be going off the board.... but what about Ox? I know he has a ton of injury problems.... but I like his size and speed. If he comes cheap, and he's seemingly surplus at Arsenal...... I would.

11. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #8661 Raumdeuter, Jul 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
    Nothing in Kagawa's body language suggests he wants to leave Man Utd or the EPL even if he is benched till eternity. Mata sat on the bench for just 3 months before wanting out.

Looks like he always wanted to play and live in England, If not Man Utd maybe just any club
    His BvB adventure was just a means to an end, Maybe the BvB fan are thinking he loves them more than he actually does.

This is like the 3rd transfer window with him drifting further into the bench and he doesnt even make any statement of intent to leave, almost everyone in Man Utd midfield/attack is ahead of him even Welbeck and Ashley ********ing Young

All these are speculations, I am just thinking BvB should move on from this love affair. Its been 2 full yrs since Kagawa was hot. A lot has happened since then. Even for his NT he is looking more and more ordinary.

I was one f the major advocate for Kagawa last summer and even winter transfer but it seems he doesnt even consider BvB as an option. The whole #FreeShinji campaign and he is still calm while Man Utd are stockpiling more and more players for his position

chewz, Zarastro, bvbSlash and 1 other person repped this.
  12. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Agreed on every front with two exceptions ; Klopp can find ways to motivate players to work for the team, and I hope, were Isco to come here, he would come with a mindset that would be receptive to that. And as for Ox, why would he come here? Promising British players get sizeable advantages of exposure and valuation on the market, both in wage and in transfer fees, that would not happen here.

13. swit0539

swit0539 Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I don't see us getting Isco. I think that's a bit far fetched.

14. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Why?

15. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    BvB is in a good position in Europe currently.

He cant move to Barca, So that leaves Chelsea-Willian/Hazard/Fabregas etc, Citeh- Silva/Nasri, Arsenal-Ozil/Cazorla, Manure-Mata/Rooney/Kagawa etc, Bayern-Gotze/Thiago/Muller, PSG, Monaco and Juve. How many of them really have a need for an AM without sending him back to the bench or part role

But in BvB he has a bunch of young players and a progressive coach to work with. Isco is young talented, needs top level playing time which he cant get at Madrid or most elite clubs, He should know he stands a little chance of getting into the NT if all he does is sit on the bench and play 10mins every 3 games

16. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Kagawa has no desire to leave ManU. He is not coming here. Also his play has declined tremendously based on his play for Japan. If at the peak of his career he's playing like this, I don't want him here.

Gotze wasn't a good defensive player either. In fact, I can't think of any coach who wants his no. 10 to be defensive in a 4-2-3-1. Even Boateng in Milan rarely tracked back and he played in a 4-3-1-2.

17. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This plus the fact that Madrid wasn't really his ideal destination as he grew up a Barca fan. He has no emotional attachments to Madrid and he'll likely be looked down upon at Barce if he went there in the near future. Also if James Rodriguez arrives, Isco might not even make the bench on a regular basis.

18. Spanky144

Spanky144 Member

Jun 30, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Wonder what the price tag of Isco would be now? I believe RM got him for 30 million euro, anywhere near that is way too rich for our club. I think?

Wonder what the financial situation is for BVB?

19. swit0539

swit0539 Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I just don't think that we can afford him (Isco) and if he does become available, then I reckon a big name club would snap him up. I would like him to play at Dortmund, so again, maybe sell Auba to make room. But really I'm more keen on using extra money to improve our wages for players like Reus and Hummels.

20. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This is a good point. I don't want to keep seeing a revolving door for our top players leaving... so I would rather us focus on ensuring we can keep Reus and Hummels. Unfortunately that is a double edged sword, since they (especially Reus) really want a title.

Still not an Isco fan though.

21. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What do you mean by financial situation? It's very difficult to assess that for 2014 because the year isn't complete. Our commercial partners and broadcast companies don't pay us in regular intervals; it's not something that would be revealed for public disclosure anyway. Semi annual financial reports are available 4 months after the reporting period so this report doesn't discuss our CL earnings and expenses. The semi annual report also doesn't have a breakdown of transfer budget vs. wage budget. Minute details are left out as the mgmt. doesn't have to disclose its financial strategy. What I can assertain is that we had a total transfer budget of just over 52M and about the same amount was spent in wages over the 6 month period. This tells me a bunch of different things: 1) we are increasing our wage budget steadily because our revenues are increasing so Reus and Hummels don't have to worry about being severely underpaid. 2) we will be spending around 50M in total transfers in the current window and unlike Spanish and especially Italian clubs we pay the whole amount so don't have to pay interest to the likes of Torino etc. 3) our management's major challenge is keeping our wage to revenue ratio under control. All clubs have this problem but the bigger clubs have more options to deal with this. In our case the options are aggressive revenue growth and/or reliance on our youth development and scouting network and personnel.

22. Leadcomic

Leadcomic Member

Apr 11, 2014
    Long Island
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    If only we had the Gotze money this season for Isco but w/e.

Also I feel like Kagawa is one of those old school WWII soldiers who would rather do a futile, suicide sword charge than surrender and admit defeat/making a mistake. Must be something in the Japanese mentality. Either way I'm still sure he can be "fixed". Of all the big teams in England, Man U's style suited him the least, they're such a static team with too much wing focus that is ugly to watch.

23. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We could sell Auba and invest that in a young no. 10. from eastern Europe or South America. I think that vision and passing is something players already have at a young age. Most other skills can be developed under Jurgen's tutelage.

24. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I think you guys should be happy about the dealing. You guys improved remarkably in depth. Immobile, Ramos, Ji, Ginter, etc along with permanent deals for Sahin and others.

But Lewa, Reus, Goetze, Kagawa had a magic which you guys lack IMO. You lack a few special players even though you have a large pool of good players. I am curious to see how Hoffman, Durm, Jojic develop. Jojic I have high expectations as CM and if Gundogan does not recovery then Jojic gets my CM vote ahead of a largely static Sahin.

Durm for obvious reasons, I hope will replace Schemzler. Hoffman is crucial as given Auba's limited technical ability and Kuba's lack of magic as well, he is a guy who can make the difference of the bench as a LW, RW, CAM wherever used.

I feel now that BVB have a solid squads, apart from obviously retaining Hummels, Reus the key should be significantly strengthening the attacking trio behind the ST. Immobile is a poacher who needs players to feed him.

On the short and middle term I see Hoffman stepping up or getting sold, Auba developing into a 2nd ST and Kuba getting eased off. All this I expect to happen in 2 seasons. And you guys would require elite technical players.Maybe not high value but high potential like Isco, De Bruyne.

De Bruyne was massive mistake by Dortmund. Zorc should have opened the purse strings and gone after him in the winter. I have also rated Perisic.

The key to Dortmund being a long term European force will be to add magical skilled creative positions with Reus and Miki in the Attacking Trio.

25. Dave46

Dave46 Member+

Nov 30, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
    I saw somewhere that Liverpool is after Isco.