BVB General Transfer Thread III [R]

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by footyfan1, Jul 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Running really, really, really fast and shooting. What else does he do?

2. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    LOL. Fair enough, bro, fair enough... :)

3. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Are you actually going just agree with him? Running really fast and shooting are 2 tricks not 1. Also he shoots with tremendous accuracy, not to mention the right amount of weight. He's had to adjust his game over the last 3 years as he's moved from left back to right wing. His movement is also intelligent. I can see him combining extremely well with a top class #10.

4. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  5. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Bale is more valuable than Reus even if you exclude Real's inflated transfer fee and his age. Bale didn't garner such ridiculous amount of attention and valuation because of his speed. It was his ability to dictate games consistently by scoring decisive and spectacular goals.

6. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You want to get involved in that debate? Go ahead. Not me. All I'll say is that was funny, and I laughed.

7. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I would pick Reus ahead of Bale. Bale depends a lot on speed which would work when playing only on the counter, when teams sit deep and wait for you the running thing is useless.

Reus is also at his best counter attacking but he has more tricks to navigate tight defences.

Dead balls and finishing they both look at par or I give Reus a slight edge

Bales game depends so much on physical abilities that a wrong injury might be the end

8. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bale is a phenomenal player, and although chris made a good funny it did ignore Bale's ability to run off of the ball and feed CR7, but Marco is still an even greater and more versatile/well-rounded player and if he had come up in the EPL with a british passport he to could be sold for just under a 100M

chewz repped this.
  9. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Exactly.

10. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  11. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I wonder how much of the Brazilian league you watched to arrive at this conclusion.

12. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #8562 Cris 09, Jul 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2014
    I was joking...he obviously offers more than just running really fast and shooting...which is one trick - not two. You see, it's not the running really fast or the shooting that makes it a trick...we can all do this, I assume you can as well. How could those two actions, acted independently from each other, even be considered tricks? It's how he combines the 2 to make it 1 helluva trick.

Get it? ;)

chewz repped this.
  13. chewz

chewz Member+

Sep 13, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Half-fit Reus >>>> chimpanzee lookalike anyday

14. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

They fired Elber, yes. And deservedly so. But I don't think Bayern totally shut down its South American contact pipeline.

Also, Bayern now has a coach with a great and proven track record with South American players. Why wouldn't they try this route again??

This being said, I don't think the posted rumor has any truth to it whatsoever. I do think you'll continue to see Bayern only sign South American players who have been already acclimated to Europe with other clubs.......

15. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yes but that's comically elementary. I presumed you meant running really really fast with the ball which IS a trick (and what the football world associates him with)..something that I'd pay to see you do. Of course running really really fast all by itself is not a trick. That's why Bale is >80M and Aubameyang is <20M.

Shooting alone is a trick because he shoots with both power and accuracy regardless of whether the ball is dead or live.

Get it?

16. Spanky144

Spanky144 Member

Jun 30, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    what the others said..

Reus > Bale

17. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Easily.

18. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Bale cost Madrid 91M. Reus is valued at 37M. Say he'd actually end up going for 45M, are you saying there's at least a 100% premium on British players? Really? You want to reconsider your statement.

Bale carried Tottenham all by himself 2 seasons ago and scored amazing goals at critical moments. The impact he had on that team was almost on par with what Leo Messi does for Barcelona. Reus has never had to do that. Maybe next year he will but until he does that he's a bit too inflated in some of our fans' eyes. Frankly, I don't think Klopp would ever burden one player to carry the team. He'd make sure the rest of the team contributes. Next year I am positive that at least one of Miki, Jojic, Hummels, Ciro are going to carry the team along with Reus. For what it's worth, Sokratis had more than just a decent world cup.

footyfan1 repped this.
  19. Spanky144

Spanky144 Member

Jun 30, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Bale cost madrid 91m because they were dumb enough to pay that fee.

Only CR7 and Messi respectively should command that and no one else should even come close.

Suarez would be a close second, not curious George Bale.

The value of players nowadays is ridiculous, especially British players.

chewz repped this.
  20. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yet Madrid didn't offer 50M, or 60M or even 70M for Reus. Instead they offered the said amount for Bale. How could they have been stupid enough to pay 91M when they won the CL in his first year with the team and him scoring a few highlight reel goals along the way? Not saying that the 91M was all it took but obviously he made a difference despite Ronaldo being barely fit.

21. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Transfer fees at the very highest end are all about marketability. Bale is on the cover on fifa et al; Reus will never be.

And Bale gives RM 50% of his commercial/image rights and that's what makes him worth 90M to them. Reus' 50% image rights are probably not even worth 10M.

http://www.jomec.co.uk/blog/why-hav...-for-gareth-bale-its-a-commercial-investment/

Twitter followers is a very crude way to measure it but Bale is second only to Ronaldo in those stakes
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/most-popular-footballers-10-players-2938734

22. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Probably more than 100%. Luke Shaw went for 30m Pounds = 38m Euros, were he Austrian I believe he would have gone for 7m max

Lallana who cant make it to that mediocre English team went for 3om Pounds the same amount a vastly superior Reus was sold for.

I can tell you if Reus was English and performing at this level he would easily go for 90m

The mark up on players like Lescott -24m, SWPhillips 25m Millner, Glen Johnson (20m each) is about 300%

I wont even mention Andy Carroll who is like at 1000% premium

Spanky144 repped this.
  23. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That 100% premium is just right, if you look at how British players are valued, it's pretty insane. Decent or limited players like Carroll, Shaw, Lallana, etc. are being sold like they're world class.

And as for the bolded, what in the world was he doing in Mönchengladbach if not carrying the team and doing precisely what Bale was doing, right down to the exact same role, for Tottenham?

chewz, Cris 09 and Spanky144 repped this.
  24. Spanky144

Spanky144 Member

Jun 30, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    ..too...much...logic...

25. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund