BVB 2011-2012 General Discussion Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by footyfan1, Jun 21, 2011.

?

How Will Borussia Dortmund Fare In The Upcoming 2011/2012 Bundesliga Season?

Poll closed Aug 5, 2011.
  1. BVB Will Repeat As Bundesliga Champions

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. BVB Will Finish In One Of Bundesliga's CL Places (2nd, 3rd or 4th)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. BVB Will Finish In A Europa League Spot (5th or 6th)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. BVB Will Finish Between 7th & 10th

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. BVB Will Finish Between 11th & 15th

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. BVB Will Wind Up In The Relegation Playoff (16th)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. BVB Will Be Relegated (17th or 18th)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. I Don't Know How BVB Will Do, I Just Want The New Season To Get Here!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

No. BAYERN TICKETING is not built for the fan.

I don't usually have a problem getting tickets for my club.

It all depends on the opponent and the occasion.

That's because my club doesn't use "keeping other fan prices low" as a lame ass excuse for putting their corporate bedfellows ahead of the normal fan........

2. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And I remember one of the original justifications for "only" 69,000 seats was that the stadium would be built with an eye on expansion down the road.

But maybe I didn't hear them properly.

3. BVB1989

BVB1989 Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Bled, Slovenia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    I've never said that bvb should spend multi millions (ok if there is money and need for spending why not). Its cool that tickets are affordable to just everyone.

Anyone knows maybe how much are tickets in Germany cheaper in average to those in England?

4. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You didn't??

BULL-:poop:.........

I've still got mails from people telling me I shouldn't waste my time with you when I was trying to get you to see we didn't have the multi-millons to spend. And you still kept up with the stupid stuff.

5. BVB1989

BVB1989 Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Bled, Slovenia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    I really can't recall that? I was calling for 20 million € or more worth players? No way.

6. lemons

lemons Member

United States
    Nov 20, 2004
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
  7. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Boandlkramer repped this.
  8. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So it starts over. Good luck guys

9. lemons

lemons Member

United States
    Nov 20, 2004
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
    Barca, Man City, Juve, BVB. Death.

10. Dr Faust

Dr Faust Member+

Jul 12, 2010
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'll take Barcelona, Manchester City, Juventus, Dortmund. Though Real instead of Barcelona would be nice as well, as it would result in a big orgy of the reigning top 4 league champions.

zizou555 repped this.
  11. lemons

lemons Member

United States
    Nov 20, 2004
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
    In terms of making it through to the next round, that's not a very propitious group for us.

12. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    What a player Guendogan is !

13. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If BVB sucks in the CL next season, but wins another BL title, I'll still be a happy man.

That steaming pile of dog shit of a CL Final this past Saturday hammered home to me that the CL is simply another tournament. One whose importance is financially-based than substantially-based.

Does anyone here really believe Bayern and Chelsea were the two best teams in Europe?

I don't. The CL doesn't tell us a f#cking thing about who is truly the best. The CL, like playoffs in American sports, simply rewards those who get "hot" or "lucky" at the right time. Once in a blue moon, the best team actually wins. More often than not, it doesn't.

This is not a new opinion. I've really caught hell over the years from BVB fans who think I'm not a "true fan" because I have always openly said we were not the best team in Europe in 1997. I said then and I maintain the opinion we simply won a tournament. Not to mention just to get to that final, we were luckier than a leprachaun wiping his ass with a four-leaf clover against Manchester United in the semi-final. And I wasn't a United fan back then. My interaction with their fans during this time is what made me a United fan.

For me, the CL doesn't actually prove anything. It is just UEFA's greatest cash cow.

That being said, I do want to win the CL. Of course I do.

We can use the money, the trophy is pretty and the people desperate not to give us the respect and credit we're due will keep talking their stupid shit until we do better in this f#cking TOURNAMENT.

Mostly because it is all they have left to hold on to.

Despite all that, believe me, I know the CL isn't nearly as important as so many make it out to be.

I also know this will not be a popular opinion.

And as usual, I don't give a rat's............

HarveyDent repped this.
  14. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Keep winning the BL....but until the CL is properly vied for, no one outside of Germany will ever give the deserved respect.

As far as the tournament piece, you concede then that Bayern is a better tournament team? Because that would be a great segway into the whole NT starters discussion that Herr Watzke wants to have.

15. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The "deserved respect" from who?!

The media? People who say so?

Do you think the EPL gets the "respect" it does because of how it performs in the CL??

The EPL gets the "respect" it does because of the entertainment value of its product and for awhile, its clubs were the best in the world.

Some of us don't need the CL to tell us that.

The CL is a great TOURNAMENT.

But that's what it is.

A tournament. Which makes it no better than a playoff.

Like I said. I would love to win the CL. But my feelings aren't going to be hurt if we don't.

I can also appreciate the game enough to know that who "the best" truly is isn't determined by a tournament.

As stated, every now and then the best team actually does win.

But more often than not, it is the luckiest or the one who happens to get "hot" at the right time.

Chelsea won the CL.

They finished sixth in the EPL behind such great teams as Newcastle and Tottenham.

"Respect" my ass..........

16. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Nor would Herr Klopp...which we all already know. ;)

17. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't "concede" shit. Bayern got hot in the tournament at the right time.

Bayern got hot and Chelsea got lucky.

It was better to be lucky than good, wasn't it??? :whistling:

What happens in club football doesn't have shit to do with Germany.

But hey, if you want that steaming pile of :poop: Jerome Boateng starting for Germany in the Euros, be my guest.

I don't give a flying f#ck about what Germany does anyhow.

18. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Of course, not. Though I can understand Bayern fans thinking like that after the semis (it's natural, after all). However, after 120 minutes against piss poor Chelsea (which sort of reminded me of "Cologne minus their awful defense" on that day), most of them will know better. The best team in Europe lost in the semis and I don't mean Real Madrid. Still, props to Bayern for reaching the final deservedly.

19. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    :D TBH, I'd rather that the NT duties be more evenly shared, for club reasons.

As far as the CL, just seems convenient not to 'care' about contending for the CL.

20. aeroplane

aeroplane New Member

May 25, 2012
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
  21. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

As I told you, I said the same thing back in 1997.

If you don't believe that, it is fine. It isn't as if I need your approval to validate my opinion. I've been at this a lot longer than you have.

Quite honestly, I believe if you let the result of a tournament convince you that the best team in Europe is a team who finished 6th in the Premier League, I think it says a lot more about you than it does about me........

22. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What does the date under anyone's Avatar have to do with anything? Anywho.

And the team that finished first in the BL certainly didn't meet expectations. Bayern walks away with almost double your team's payroll for choking in a measly tourney, and I reiterate, no team is going to get any consideration until they contend outside their domestic league.

23. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

"Consideration" from who? You?

LOL!!

Check the lists that count man. Check the ones the actual football "experts" do.

We're moving up.

Look. I know the CL is all you have left to hang on to at the moment.

I even said more than once, I'd love to win the CL. Never said I don't "care" about it.

YOU tried to put those words in my mouth.

You're talking big shit about this right now, but the moment you guys win the league again, you'll be all over it like stink on shit. When my club won the CL, I said all we did was win a f#cking tournament and I also said we were probably the worst CL winners. Ask Merz and some of those guys who were around back then.

I'm only explaining this much because it is you man. I would have told anyone else to just f#ck off awhile ago.

But as I said before, this says more about you than it does about me.

24. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It's the most prestigious club tournament in Europe and arguably the world. Being in your shoes back then I would have been over the moon. It's not any team in particular, and I suppose that I am picking on yours, but really, to be spoken of in the same breath as Madrid, United, Barca...etc, the only measure is the CL man. My opinion, and again, I'm sorry if I was picking on your team. Replace BvB with any other team, you'll hear the same from me. As far as reaching and the CL, what am I hanging on to? A Vize Triple? Moving on, and hopefully the Coach, FO, and Players react next season. I look forward to it. My team really needs to stop getting bitch slapped by you all. :p

25. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

What the f#ck ever man. I don't know of any great club who is PRIMARILY known for CL greatness. Not even Real! None of them are. Most of them are for how much they've dominated THEIR LEAGUES. Competing in the CL is a bonus for doing well in your league. Don't do well in your league and you won't sniff the CL.

Again, again, again. I want my team to do better in the CL. I want to win it.

But no one is going to tell me winning the CL is necessary to be considered a great club.

There are too many great clubs who never won it. But this the same as that stupid shit some people believe about a great player somehow being "less great" if he didn't win the World Cup.

BULL-SHIT!

Just like this......

As I stated, if we don't do well in the CL, but win the league again, I'll be a happy man.

lemons repped this.